1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could this arrive in Hong Kong as early as April? That would be awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just going by this

Movie Masterpiece Series - Hot Toys Collectors Price Guide - CollectHT.com

The same website had Boba Fett being Released in June/July, so I think the info is a bit hit & miss, as Boba was released last week in HK.

Makes sense to release Deadpool close to Cinema release though.

According to OSR/HT Japan, Deadpool is scheduled for an August release. How about we split the difference? :lol

Hah, always knew you were faking being blind. A blind man can't read the screen. Boom! I bet you do it to get the ladies don't you.

tumblr_npfcekFWXW1uwk154o1_250.gif

I'm not trying to wiggle out of anything. Or not on faulty ground. Yes, manga is a comic book. I'm not saying it's not. I am saying its a different classification then the deadpool comic. In fact I pointed out that yes they are comics, as anime is just a cartoon. But they are still manga. I didn't make the word up. You obviously know it's manga. Or are you saying manga is a fake made up term? The comic line from hot toys only has manga/anime characters. Not American (or European) comic characters. Correct?

So, when you use a set of figures that are from a manga comic to say a marvel comic is possible it's incorrect. That's what I said. And I'm not changing anything or trying to hide behind it. I didn't invent the term manga nor did I classify storm riders or friends or Appleseed as manga/anime characters. But they are. They are not "comic book" characters the same as deadpool. there is a distinction between the two. I didn't invent it. It's not some obscure idea.

I'm not trying to explain why it's a translation, (even though it is. Manga is essentially a direct translation of comic..so as I said...local it's called MANGA and translated it's..wait for it..comic. So, as I said...)I'm explaining that there is in fact a difference between Asian comic books and American comic books.

Just as Anime is in fact a cartoon. But because they did Appleseed does that mean I should be on the look out for Dora the explorer? Or use it as an argument that tinker bell is coming? They could some day get the license. Or sub it out from someone. Especially should I use that argument if I was in a Tinkerbell thread on a Disney princess fan site? That's essentially what happens here. He used a Manga comic line (again, it is in fact the same so if you say manga is a comic then I can call the comic line a manga line, right?) in a marvel section, in the deadpool thread to back up his point of hot toys can make a deadpool figure. All I said was there is a HUGE difference between Storm and Deadpool, and that the "comic" line is a "manga comic" line not a western comic line. What exactly is incorrect about what I said?

I rarely post. As you can see. I observe, I laugh, I learn, I yearn for toys I can't have. But with Motuxmens comments, I almost always cringe. Ease up man. Every forum I read, you're in there writing essays on how dumb people are, and how you are always infallibly correct. Sometimes you are, sometimes you aren't, but it almost never matters. These forums are (as I understand it) meant to be a pleasant place for fellow nerds and collectors to come together and speculate about the hobby we all love.

That aside, you are categorically wrong about Hot Toys not doing "American" comic versions of toys. Case and point: the Mark 3 diecast variant which is based off of one of the most iconic Iron Man comic book covers ever.

IM stealth.jpg

So the idea of Hot Toys releasing a comic version of Deadpool, say a Deadpool X-Force variant is not out of the question, and may even be likely. And who's to say HT wouldn't do a tinkerbell, or something similar? A disney princess collection let's say? Why not? Hot Toys produces primarily toys for Disney these days. Have we already forgotten this little gem?

hot-toys-monsters-university-vinyl-figures.jpg

Anyways, all this is just to say that none of us really know what HT is up to, or what they will or will not produce. If you really feel the need to write these angry diatribes (I have a feeling I'm in for one now) maybe just write them out cathartically and then delete them to spare us all from your negative vibes.

Happy collecting all!!! :wave

Yeah, I don't take nothing personal on the Freaks boards. I tend to think, someone giving out negative vibes and all, is just a reflection on their own state of mind As I don't know them, I don't want to get involved.
I just always try and be pleasant on the boards, because like you said Skillerwhale this forum is just supposed to be a nice place to hang out for fellow collectors.

I rarely post. As you can see. I observe, I laugh, I learn, I yearn for toys I can't have. But with Motuxmens comments, I almost always cringe. Ease up man. Every forum I read, you're in there writing essays on how dumb people are, and how you are always infallibly correct. Sometimes you are, sometimes you aren't, but it almost never matters. These forums are (as I understand it) meant to be a pleasant place for fellow nerds and collectors to come together and speculate about the hobby we all love.

That aside, you are categorically wrong about Hot Toys not doing "American" comic versions of toys. Case and point: the Mark 3 diecast variant which is based off of one of the most iconic Iron Man comic book covers ever.

View attachment 252866

So the idea of Hot Toys releasing a comic version of Deadpool, say a Deadpool X-Force variant is not out of the question, and may even be likely. And who's to say HT wouldn't do a tinkerbell, or something similar? A disney princess collection let's say? Why not? Hot Toys produces primarily toys for Disney these days. Have we already forgotten this little gem?

View attachment 252867

Anyways, all this is just to say that none of us really know what HT is up to, or what they will or will not produce. If you really feel the need to write these angry diatribes (I have a feeling I'm in for one now) maybe just write them out cathartically and then delete them to spare us all from your negative vibes.

That is just a movie variant. It is not the same armor as the comic book. It's my understanding that Hot Toys, at this moment, does not have license rights to re-produce any comic book versions of any Marvel or Dc character. Though it would be cool if they got it. I would love to see what they would do with that license.

Last edited:
That is just a movie variant. It is not the same armor as the comic book. It's my understanding that Hot Toys, at this moment, does not have license rights to re-produce any comic book versions of any Marvel or Dc character. Though it would be cool if they got it. I would love to see what they would do with that license.

For sure, the SS marvel comics line just isn't doing it for me, I'd love to see HT get the genuine license for Marvel comics. But I'm not holding my breath!

If you start a Flex payment on a preorder and decide to cancel after three downpayments. When do they refund you? I know about the non-refundable deposit and stuff. I just wanna know when they refund?

If you start a Flex payment on a preorder and decide to cancel after three downpayments. When do they refund you? I know about the non-refundable deposit and stuff. I just wanna know when they refund?

Don't mind stupid responses.

SSC usually takes up to a week to refund your money. It's not "instant", it never is when a refund takes place on one's CC, on any company, ever.

They take the money outright, but I guess processing refunds take a bit longer.

This is one of ten reasons I never flex (I don't like giving free interest loans).

Going a little off the subject, but If they based it off the comic stealth suit, why wouldn't they have just made the suit black? I get that they were using the confines given by pre existing suits, so its obviously not going to look exactly like a classic suit, but why go out of the way to make it a different color? :cuckoo:

View attachment 252866

View attachment 252867

i couldn't agree with you more. i've typed out responses, read them, and then deleted them just to get them off my chest. it seems like a LOT of people who post things on the internet don't read what they've typed prior to clicking "submit reply". All of the spelling errors, and incorrect uses of "where", "we're", "were", "there", "they're", "their", "then", "than", "past", "passed", etc. are signs of that.

it's difficult for me to really take someone seriously when they can't use "than" or "then" properly. a pet peeve i guess.

anyways. i'm super excited for this figure. i'm a big fan of weapon storage on figures. i'd much rather have 4 accessories that are storable than 6 accessories that aren't. that's not to say that i wouldn't like a figure with a ton of accessories that don't store anywhere. i just prefer that they do.

hopefully the suit itself isn't really restrictive. i don't plan on displaying him in a very dynamic pose, but i'd like the suit done well enough to look good in standard poses.

i couldn't agree with you more. i've typed out responses, read them, and then deleted them just to get them off my chest. it seems like a LOT of people who post things on the internet don't read what they've typed prior to clicking "submit reply". All of the spelling errors, and incorrect uses of "where", "we're", "were", "there", "they're", "their", "then", "than", "past", "passed", etc. are signs of that.

it's difficult for me to really take someone seriously when they can't use "than" or "then" properly. a pet peeve i guess.

anyways. i'm super excited for this figure. i'm a big fan of weapon storage on figures. i'd much rather have 4 accessories that are storable than 6 accessories that aren't. that's not to say that i wouldn't like a figure with a ton of accessories that don't store anywhere. i just prefer that they do.

hopefully the suit itself isn't really restrictive. i don't plan on displaying him in a very dynamic pose, but i'd like the suit done well enough to look good in standard poses.

It's also difficult to take someone seriously when they don't capitalize at the beginning of each sentence. Or whenever they write i instead of I.

See how dumb that sounds? For all I know you are a very smart guy, that just can't capitalize for ****.

Can't judge you based on that.

It's the "know it all" dudes (that really don't know anything) that are the problem, really.

Don't mind stupid responses.

SSC usually takes up to a week to refund your money. It's not "instant", it never is when a refund takes place on one's CC, on any company, ever.

They take the money outright, but I guess processing refunds take a bit longer.

This is one of ten reasons I never flex (I don't like giving free interest loans).

Thank you. I will be looking for my refund at the end of the week then :)

Back