1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys only has the licenses for Marvel/DC film figures. It doesn't matter that they've made stuff from manga. All you people do is argue about nonsense. Until HT announces they will make AMERICAN comic figures it's a moot topic.

As of right now the only way to get comic versions is Tony Mei.

Last edited:
Hot Toys only has the licenses for Marvel/DC film figures. It doesn't matter that they've made stuff from manga. All you people do is argue about nonsense. Until HT announces they will make AMERICAN comic figures it's a moot topic.

Yes they only have licenses for DC and Marvel movies (again, maybe at the moment), but the point is that Hot Toys DOES HAVE a comic line. Manga and Manhua are as Comics as American Comics are. What shells might have been wrong at is hoping that HT gets comics licenses from the Big Two to add to their existing comic line. So no, it;s not a moot topic as far as I'm concerned.

Yes they only have licenses for DC and Marvel movies (again, maybe at the moment), but the point is that Hot Toys DOES HAVE a comic line. Manga and Manhua are as Comics as American Comics are. What shells might have been wrong at is hoping that HT gets comics licenses from the Big Two to add to their existing comic line. So no, it;s not a moot topic as far as I'm concerned.
Hot Toys and Sideshow have a distribution partnership. Sideshow has their comic interpretations line. I highly doubt HT will announce American comic figures anytime soon especially with the slew of superhero films they'll need to keep up with.

Hot Toys and Sideshow have a distribution partnership. Sideshow has their comic interpretations line. I highly doubt HT will announce American comic figures anytime soon especially with the slew of superhero films they'll need to keep up with.

Doesn't change the fact that HT has a comic line. And if HT and Sideshow can make arrangements on Star Wars, who's to say they can't do the same thing with American Comicbook properties? Having too much on their plate already is something we can say, but not for us to decide. HT actually has plans of returning to a line thought long-dead because more characters and more potential revenue. (Yes, I have my sources too. But I don't go around like everytime trying to tell people that I know people.)

An analogy based on that logic is a company that makes Looney Tunes figures will likely also make Dragon Ball Z stuff, just because they're both animated.

What is this revisited line?

If both licenses would sell no matter how polarized the genres might seem, why not?

Hot Toys is not just Super-heroes and Sci-Fi like Terminator, Preds and Aliens. They also did Inglorious Basterds and Platoon, and all these are under Movie Masterpieces.

Doesn't change the fact that HT has a comic line. And if HT and Sideshow can make arrangements on Star Wars, who's to say they can't do the same thing with American Comicbook properties? Having too much on their plate already is something we can say, but not for us to decide. HT actually has plans of returning to a line thought long-dead because more characters and more potential revenue. (Yes, I have my sources too. But I don't go around like everytime trying to tell people that I know people.)
:lecture :goodpost: :hi5:

Who told you this? Your "sources"?

YES, Hot Toys has a Comic book Line, it just happens that this line, perhaps at the moment, are ALL from Asian comics -- MANGA, MANHUA. None from DC, Marvel, or any American publisher, maybe none yet.

THEY AREN'T BASED FROM THE ANIME/CARTOONS. They are from the books from which the anime/cartoon/movie were based.

Cloud of Storm Riders is based from the art of its creator Ma Wing Shing, not the movie.

And what's with the CM being a "shortened translation from cartoon or anime into English"? It's because these figures are based from COMICS, PERIOD. By trying to sound like you know facts you made yourself look like a fool.

Stop pretending like you know it all, Motuxmen. Because you don't and your post proves it in more ways than one.

EDIT: I think it does not take a smart man to see the words "COMIC VERSION" written on the official Hot Toys promo pic.

1419_Cloud.jpg

Sorry to clarify...American comic book. Since we where talking about American comic book figures.

Was it my sources that told me Cloud was not from an American comic line? Nope, figured that out all on my own. And as for me bring those sources up...most of he time it's other people replying to me that bring those words up. Like this time. I didn't say it did I, you did. Even when I do bring up something I may have heard I try not to even use the term sources. I usually just say I heard it, or I heard from a friend. And out of my 7000 plus posts that type of post is under 100. So despite you le attempt to make it seem like that's all I do it's pretty far from the truth. But it sure does make you look good. All the while you throw out your own " I have sources line".

The convo was that deadpool could get a comic figure Becuase hot toys had a "comic book" line. Which it doesn't. It has an anime/manga line(which is actually called comics often by people in both Japan and Hong Kong. They call it comic books everywhere else it's called manga or anime. It's not a comic book line like the OP made it out to be. It has nothing to do with marvel or image or DC or any comic as most people here would think. And that's what the Op was trying to make it out to be.

Let's just cut to the chase...hot toys does currently have the comic book rights to any marvel figure. Could they one day get them? Sure. Thu could also go out of business or grow wings. So, no, as of today hot toys does not have a comic line as it pertains to this subject.

As for cloud...yes I get that it says comic version. Yeah, you can read. But understand? I'm not so sure. The line of figures he and you brought up is not based on comics as it pertains to this conversation. It's based on a movie character, his spin off anime cartoons and the art of those. Pretty much the exact opposite of deadpool. A comic book from marvel spun off into a feature film.

As for the translation thing and me being a fool...I was trying to say that it's not comic like he was saying or asserting. In that it's not American comic book. It's what American/European call manga or anime or the half dozen other names. It's just like calling a Japaness cartoon anime and an American cartoon a cartoon. They are the same thing. But there are different titles attatched.

You get that we are in the Marvel Comics section, and he's was using a Hong Kong comic (which is considered manga/anime by pretty much everyone) to prove that hot toys can make a comic version of deadpool. That's just not correct. And just Becuase in Hong Kong manga is consider a comic doesn't mean it is everywhere else. Its by every metric a manga/anime line titles comic line Becuase they are called comic locally in Hong Kong and Japan. That's what i was trying to get across, but I may not have been very good at saying it. I'm well aware of the line. And the figure. Have it. But it's not what a consider a comic figure, especially when used in an argument about an American comic figure. Might as well call deadpool manga then

Last edited:
Sorry to clarify...American comic book. Since we where talking about American comic book figures.

Was it my sources that told me Cloud was not from an American comic line? Nope, figured that out all on my own. And as for me bring those sources up...most of he time it's other people replying to me that bring those words up. Like this time. I didn't say it did I, you did.

The convo was that deadpool could get a comic figure Becuase hot toys had a "comic book" line. Which it doesn't. It has an anime/manga line(which is actually called comics often by people in both Japan and Hong Kong. They call it comic books everywhere else it's called manga or anime. It's not a comic book line like the OP made it out to be. It has nothing to do with marvel or image or DC or any comic as most people here would think. And that's what the Op was trying to make it out to be.

Let's just cut to the chase...hot toys does currently have the comic book rights to any marvel figure. Could they one day get them? Sure. Thu could also go out of business or grow wings. So, no, as of today hot toys does not have a comic line as it pertains to this subject.

As for cloud...yes I get that it says comic version. Yeah, you can read. But understand? I'm not so sure. The line of figures he and you brought up is not based on comics as it pertains to this conversation. It's based on a movie character, his spin off anime cartoons and the art of those. Pretty much the exact opposite of deadpool. A comic book from marvel spun off into a feature film.

As for the translation thing and me being a fool...I was trying to say that it's not comic like he was saying or asserting. In that it's not American comic book. It's what American/European call manga or anime or the half dozen other names. It's just like calling a Japaness cartoon anime and an American cartoon a cartoon. They are the same thing. But there are different titles attatched.

You get that we are in the Marvel Comics section, and he's was using a Hong Kong comic (which is considered manga/anime by pretty much everyone) to prove that hot toys can make a comic version of deadpool. That's just not correct. And just Becuase in Hong Kong manga is consider a comic doesn't mean it is everywhere else. Its by every metric a manga/anime line titles comic line Becuase they are called comic locally in Hong Kong and Japan. That's what i was trying to get across, but I may not have been very good at saying it. I'm well aware of the line. And the figure. Have it. But it's not what a consider a comic figure, especially when used in an argument about an American comic figure. Might as well call deadpool manga then

Man, trying to beat around just so you can keep your feet on the ground you're standing on. I won't argue with you as it would be a waste of time.

But this however -- let me correct you on this:

NONE of the characters under HT's Comic Masterpiece line are from Anime or Movie adaptations. THEY ARE FROM THE COMICS.

STORM RIDERS have both Live-action and Anime adaptation. The figure of Cloud HT released was based on neither. It was based on the comic, the art of its creator -- thus it is under the Comic Masterpiece line.

APPLESEED -- Deunan and both releases of Brieareos -- are figures based from the ANIMATED MOVIES Appleseed Saga Ex Machina and Appleseed Alpha. While Appleseed originated from a manga book, A COMIC BOOK, the figures HT released were based on the movies SO THEY WERE RELEASED UNDER THE MOVIE MASTERPIECE LINE.

See who does not understand?

And again -- A MANGA is A COMIC BOOK. Manga IS LITERALLY a comic. Stop trying to explain why you were trying to tell people wrongly that "CM" is a translation for the lack of a better term. MANGA is COMICS, period.

Stop acting like you know it all. Stop being condescending. Stop insinuating that some people on here are stupid or not as smart as you think you are smart. You aren't. You make nice points every now and then, but who are you to even insinuate that others are *not as smart* just because they don't know what you think you know.

Man, trying to beat around just so you can keep your feet on the ground you're standing on. I won't argue with you as it would be a waste of time.

But this however -- let me correct you on this:

NONE of the characters under HT's Comic Masterpiece line are from Anime or Movie adaptations. THEY ARE FROM THE COMICS.

STORM RIDERS have both Live-action and Anime adaptation. The figure of Cloud HT released was based on neither. It was based on the comic, the art of its creator -- thus it is under the Comic Masterpiece line.

APPLESEED -- Deunan and both releases of Brieareos -- are figures based from the ANIMATED MOVIES Appleseed Saga Ex Machina and Appleseed Alpha. While Appleseed originated from a manga book, A COMIC BOOK, the figures HT released were based on the movies SO THEY WERE RELEASED UNDER THE MOVIE MASTERPIECE LINE.

See who does not understand?

And again -- A MANGA is A COMIC BOOK. Manga IS LITERALLY a comic. Stop trying to explain why you were trying to tell people wrongly that "CM" is a translation for the lack of a better term. MANGA is COMICS, period.

Stop acting like you know it all. Stop being condescending. Stop insinuating that some people on here are stupid or not as smart as you think you are smart. You aren't. You make nice points every now and then, but who are you to even insinuate that others are *not as smart* just because they don't know what you think you know.

I'm not trying to wiggle out of anything. Or not on faulty ground. Yes, manga is a comic book. I'm not saying it's not. I am saying its a different classification then the deadpool comic. In fact I pointed out that yes they are comics, as anime is just a cartoon. But they are still manga. I didn't make the word up. You obviously know it's manga. Or are you saying manga is a fake made up term? The comic line from hot toys only has manga/anime characters. Not American (or European) comic characters. Correct?

So, when you use a set of figures that are from a manga comic to say a marvel comic is possible it's incorrect. That's what I said. And I'm not changing anything or trying to hide behind it. I didn't invent the term manga nor did I classify storm riders or friends or Appleseed as manga/anime characters. But they are. They are not "comic book" characters the same as deadpool. there is a distinction between the two. I didn't invent it. It's not some obscure idea.

I'm not trying to explain why it's a translation, (even though it is. Manga is essentially a direct translation of comic..so as I said...local it's called MANGA and translated it's..wait for it..comic. So, as I said...)I'm explaining that there is in fact a difference between Asian comic books and American comic books.

Just as Anime is in fact a cartoon. But because they did Appleseed does that mean I should be on the look out for Dora the explorer? Or use it as an argument that tinker bell is coming? They could some day get the license. Or sub it out from someone. Especially should I use that argument if I was in a Tinkerbell thread on a Disney princess fan site? That's essentially what happens here. He used a Manga comic line (again, it is in fact the same so if you say manga is a comic then I can call the comic line a manga line, right?) in a marvel section, in the deadpool thread to back up his point of hot toys can make a deadpool figure. All I said was there is a HUGE difference between Storm and Deadpool, and that the "comic" line is a "manga comic" line not a western comic line. What exactly is incorrect about what I said?

Last edited:
Lol, looks like I created a real Hornets nest here. I have been trying to get into contact with Howard for clarification on this.

dsc_4023.jpg

You have cost me so much money Howard. :exactly:

It's pretty simple. Everyone I've encountered before consider the Japanese titles to be manga and anime. American superheroes are comics and cartoons. It's a way to differentiate the two.

You wouldn't think this would be an argued topic, but people here would argue about the sun rising in the morning.

It's pretty simple. Everyone I've encountered before consider the Japanese titles to be manga and anime. American superheroes are comics and cartoons. It's a way to differentiate the two.

You wouldn't think this would be an argued topic, but people here would argue about the sun rising in the morning.

Semantics I guess :monkey3

Anywhoo. Cant wait for the fig to be released. Hopefully its still an April release in Hong Kong.

Back