1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of my pictures from the 2016 SDCC. Looking forward to this figure. [emoji2]
2cbc9fa5c5a46666e8766cb42fd2a260.jpg
6c8656d26c25f46147a982a9dff60c1e.jpg

Looks like this pose works best when the head is straight forward and arms aiming forward rather than the side, otherwise the "door" from his muscles sits awkwardly right in front of his face. Might be cool if you want to pose him aiming slightly to the side to have the missiles closed on the one shoulder.

Here are some pics (one screen cap from movie and one of the HT figure) with his arms and head straight forward to see the difference.
View attachment 279293
View attachment 279294

Moving his neck back and tilting his head up could work.

Thank goodness we don't have to wait as long for this as we do for the 46.. Which is going to sort of suck having this figure for so long without his partner. I wonder if we'll get an accessories update for the 46.

I can't wait for it.

Here's a side by side comparison. I couldn't find any so here ya go. I find Mark 3 to be the perfect balance of bulk vs slick. I can't see myself buying more than 1 Iron Man and 1 War Machine so it's gonna be Mark 3 and Mark 46. Blazin!

wm_comparison.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
Here's a side by side comparison. I couldn't find any so here ya go. I find Mark 3 to be the perfect balance of bulk vs slick. I can't see myself buying more than 1 Iron Man and 1 War Machine so it's gonna be Mark 3 and Mark 46. Blazin!

View attachment 293081

attachment.php
Yeah good luck with that. I said the same thing. Ended up with 3 Iron Men and possibly 2 WM.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah good luck with that. I said the same thing. Ended up with 3 Iron Men and possibly 2 WM.

Yeah, I'm going with all of them, it just totally sucks to have to wait so long for the 46.

I was in the 1 Iron Man 1 War Machine boat...but honestly I know when I get an IM I'm getting an amazingly detailed, articulated and complex engineered figure. And even with all the plus and minuses of each individual figure (nothing is perfect), I find the War Machines in diecast have been absolutely the best made. I feel like the DC IM are almost like the DX line now.

I was going to stick with my Mark 2 DC IM3 version...but ordered be new MK2 and I think I'm going to splurge and get the MK3. I think together it will look amazing and I'm confident in buying these guys knowing how well made they are. The 3 is essentially the "greatest hits" of War Machine. Looks like the Mark 2 but with added parts to it just like the Mark 1 is an IM Mark 2 with added weaponry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the 1 Iron Man 1 War Machine boat...but honestly I know when I get an IM I'm getting an amazingly detailed, articulated and complex engineered figure. And even with all the plus and minuses of each individual figure (nothing is perfect), I find the War Machines in diecast have been absolutely the best made. I feel like the DC IM are almost like the DX line now.

I was going to stick with my Mark 2 DC IM3 version...but ordered be new MK2 and I think I'm going to splurge and get the MK3. I think together it will look amazing and I'm confident in buying these guys knowing how well made they are. The 3 is essentially the "greatest hits" of War Machine. Looks like the Mark 2 but with added parts to it just like the Mark 1 is an IM Mark 2 with added weaponry.

Don't forget Iron Patriot!
I personally opted for that instead of MkII due to really good paint app.

Don't forget Iron Patriot!
I personally opted for that instead of MkII due to really good paint app.

Yes the Patriot as well. All great figures. And seems none have any huge faults...even from the early MK1 reviews and photos it seems the only thing ppl are clamouring about is the slightly undersized elbow/bicep-forearm joint. I think the Mark 3 will also be a fairly flawless figure.

Just ordered this guy!

So now I'm going to blow up this forum topic with messages because ANY time I order something I talk my head off about it. Wow I'm excited.

Just ordered this guy!

So now I'm going to blow up this forum topic with messages because ANY time I order something I talk my head off about it. Wow I'm excited.

Lucky you.

Need to recoup funds first..its been an expensive year for collecting..

Lucky you.

Need to recoup funds first..its been an expensive year for collecting..

Yes can be hard on the pocket...I don't see a figure I'd want in the future outside of the 1/4 Darth Vader. But I had to jump on this figure. I think it will be a beaut! I actually didn't realize it was coming out so soon...I only found that out by going on the Mark 1 forum.

I am hoping this one will not sell out until Q2 next year, then I can use my points to get my first War Machine!!!!

You may be in luck just in the fact that there are two War Machines being sold at the same time. I'm hedging a bet that the Mark 1 may be more popular...but I think they will both sell well but will also be around in early 2017

I can't wait to have all of them displayed together as well. I also am interested to see what we have in store for the next iteration (assuming there is one).

I can't wait to have all of them displayed together as well. I also am interested to see what we have in store for the next iteration (assuming there is one).

I have my doubts we'd see another War Machine. I think there is even doubt there may be another standalone Iron Man film. We increasing number of superheroes...having War Machine on the sidelines after Rhodes being paralyzed makes sense.

Back