1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow waitlisted! I really thought with the Mark 1 out as well it may last longer. Anyways...the War Machines are extremely well built and you get the most Diecast in them. I got mine from HK...stopped buying from SS since it cost me more in shipping. I'm in Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you have a guy in HK? Or you just buying from eBay sellers?

Seriously? Hasn't even come out in HK yet.

Damn I was going to po next week! Argh!

Waitlist time.

I think that is due to the in-hand reviews of the Mark 1 War Machine... that figure turned out so good (elbows not withstanding), that there would be very high hopes and expectations for this figure. If articulation and diecast content is the same on this one, it's gonna be a great piece!

Definitely looks like a great figure. It retains the classic bulkiness that was lost with the Mk2, has tons of armory, and it's cheaper than the Mk1. It was really nice to see them add all those weapons to replicate WM's version of "reindeer games" where he actually unleashed everything.

you have a guy in HK? Or you just buying from eBay sellers?

Sorry haha yes an eBay seller from HK.
LoonenToys. I've bought maybe 8 figures off of him. Always a decent price.

yeah I saw that, you can save about ~$30 which is sweet. I'm just so uneasy about PO through eBay.

I've never had a problem. As long as you get it from someone with a good rating, has sold a lot before...and living outside the US it is the better option.

But the Mark 3 Warmachine...I cannot wait.
The colours are a bit off from the actual suit..but I absolutely love the War Machines they have done. I think the best of the Iron Man figures.

I just waitlisted this and this being waitlisted might be the best thing to happen for me (in terms of collecting).

I have War Machine MK2 and I like it okay, but when I got it, it was the only option. I only want one War Machine but I prefer a bulkier version. So when the Mk1 and 3 were announced I went back and forth for a long time trying to figure out if I wanted to go through the hassle of reselling the MK2 while also not being able to decide which bulkier version I wanted. When the Mk1 got waitlisted it helped me rule that one out. The arms look skinny and looked like it might be way taller than the IM MKVI, possibly taking away from how good they would look together. So that just left IM Mk3 on the table if I decided to upgrade at all. The MK1 going on waitlist help me know I liked the Mk3 better.

Now, the question about if I want to spend $350 to upgrade when I have the Mk2 I still wasn't sure about, especially because I likely wasn't going to get all my money back for the Mk2. So the waitlist is the perfect solution for me as I can leave it somewhat up to chance. If it converts, I'll be happy with the upgrade and try to get what I can get for the Mk2. If it doesn't convert, I'll just decide I'll be content with the MK2 and celebrate that I saved $350 plus whatever I couldn't have gotten back for the MK2.

Despite not being as bulky, the Mk2 still is a beautiful figure. Sometimes when a better version of figure is available I can grow to dislike the version I have on my shelf. But I have never felt that way though about the MK2, which is why it took me so long to pull the trigger. So, now I leave it to the Hot Toys gods - may they shine favorable on me and do what is right.

I just waitlisted this and this being waitlisted might be the best thing to happen for me (in terms of collecting).

I have War Machine MK2 and I like it okay, but when I got it, it was the only option. I only want one War Machine but I prefer a bulkier version. So when the Mk1 and 3 were announced I went back and forth for a long time trying to figure out if I wanted to go through the hassle of reselling the MK2 while also not being able to decide which bulkier version I wanted. When the Mk1 got waitlisted it helped me rule that one out. The arms look skinny and looked like it might be way taller than the IM MKVI, possibly taking away from how good they would look together. So that just left IM Mk3 on the table if I decided to upgrade at all. The MK1 going on waitlist help me know I liked the Mk3 better.

Now, the question about if I want to spend $350 to upgrade when I have the Mk2 I still wasn't sure about, especially because I likely wasn't going to get all my money back for the Mk2. So the waitlist is the perfect solution for me as I can leave it somewhat up to chance. If it converts, I'll be happy with the upgrade and try to get what I can get for the Mk2. If it doesn't convert, I'll just decide I'll be content with the MK2 and celebrate that I saved $350 plus whatever I couldn't have gotten back for the MK2.

Despite not being as bulky, the Mk2 still is a beautiful figure. Sometimes when a better version of figure is available I can grow to dislike the version I have on my shelf. But I have never felt that way though about the MK2, which is why it took me so long to pull the trigger. So, now I leave it to the Hot Toys gods - may they shine favorable on me and do what is right.

The thing is MkII didn't really feel/look like War Machine... It is a good figure..just not War Machine good.

The thing is MkII didn't really feel/look like War Machine... It is a good figure..just not War Machine good.

I agree. It doesn't say "war" machine like the mk 1 and mk 3.. But I still do quite like the figure.

I just wish they had given it both forearm guns.

Yea, I can see that. I have my MK2 posed with Silver Centurion and they look good together though. In the mean time, I am wondering what my chances are of the MK3 I am on the waitlist for converting.

I'm going to take my chances with the secondary market. I can't budget this guy in right now..

Good luck everyone. Please post pics!!!

e239e0f3e0a68091f2b8cb4f8f1ef2d8.jpg

In my list of top suits, I put the Mark 2 over the 3. I do think it still has the War Machine look, obviously minimally, but it is a bigger build than most of the IM suits, has the mounted gun...I just like it a lot. Like the streamlined look for it and goes well with the MK3 and MK43 IM I have.

Doesn't mean I can't see why people would want a more "traditional", tank-like War Machine. I think the 3 is a good mix of the 2 previous War Machines. Like a "best hits" of the suits thus far.

I somehow ended up pre-ordering despite saying I wouldn't.

Need to sell some of my figures now lmao.

I wonder when this will be released.

It sucks to have to wait so long for the 46 to be released to display them together. But in the meantime, I think I'll probably display the 3 war machines (+ patriot) together.

Back