1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if anyone else has noticed or mentioned it, but it looks like Sideshow finally updated their War Machine 003 page to reflect the changes and updates Hot Toys made. Pictures of his fully armed look we have all seen are finally on the Sideshow site and the ones of the red baton are gone, along with pics of him and the IM46 Power Pose figure (probably because he had the red baton in those pics). Also gone is the picture which shows what is included in the box (this one)...
12310006_10153212537647344_1045661656281900508_o.jpg
I would love for them to update this picture to get a better idea about how the new accessories might work.

I am now strongly leaning over getting this one over the 001 and selling my 002. But it does look like the 001 will be released first so it might be hard to resist it while I wait for the 003. I know some will get both, or all three, but I only want one. I only have two Iron Man figures (DC MKIII and MK33) and so I don't need War Machine to outnumber (or even equal) my Iron Men.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed or mentioned it, but it looks like Sideshow finally updated their War Machine 003 page to reflect the changes and updates Hot Toys made. Pictures of his fully armed look we have all seen are finally on the Sideshow site and the ones of the red baton are gone, along with pics of him and the IM46 Power Pose figure (probably because he had the red baton in those pics). Also gone is the picture which shows what is included in the box (this one)...
View attachment 272124
I would love for them to update this picture to get a better idea about how the new accessories might work.

I am now strongly leaning over getting this one over the 001 and selling my 002. But it does look like the 001 will be released first so it might be hard to resist it while I wait for the 003. I know some will get both, or all three, but I only want one. I only have two Iron Man figures (DC MKIII and MK33) and so I don't need War Machine to outnumber (or even equal) my Iron Men.

What if you end up liking the mark 4 better?

If I had to choose between the current 3.. I'd definitely go with mark 3. I'll probably end up with all of them though.

I too hope they update the photo you've posted. I'd love to know what's built in and what are add on pieces.

What if you end up liking the mark 4 better?

Well, you could almost say that about any of these characters as each new movie has the potential of doing something in the way of costume design that could be liked more than what came before it.

When it comes to War Machine, I think I could be happy with any of them. I have the 002 and I actually really like it, in of it self it's beautiful but always felt War Machine should be bulkier and more tank like. If 002 was bulkier I wouldn't have a problem sticking with it, so if I "trade it in" for 001 or 003 I am sure I'll be fine with one of those even if a 004 comes out someday that I might really like too.

If I had to choose between the current 3.. I'd definitely go with mark 3. I'll probably end up with all of them though.

For War Machine fans or the completest fans out there I am sure all of them would make a killer display - I'm determined to just have one War Machine in my collection, but I can't wait to see all the pics from those who get all of them.

I too hope they update the photo you've posted. I'd love to know what's built in and what are add on pieces.
Me too :)

Well, you could almost say that about any of these characters as each new movie has the potential of doing something in the way of costume design that could be liked more than what came before it.

When it comes to War Machine, I think I could be happy with any of them. I have the 002 and I actually really like it, in of it self it's beautiful but always felt War Machine should be bulkier and more tank like. If 002 was bulkier I wouldn't have a problem sticking with it, so if I "trade it in" for 001 or 003 I am sure I'll be fine with one of those even if a 004 comes out someday that I might really like too.

For War Machine fans or the completest fans out there I am sure all of them would make a killer display - I'm determined to just have one War Machine in my collection, but I can't wait to see all the pics from those who get all of them.

Me too :)

True.

Yeah, I have 02 as well and I really like it. The paint job is gorgeous. And you're right, war machine does need to be bulkier. I think that's why I like the 3 the best. I think it has the proper bulk and the best looking weapons overall.

If hot toys planned on releasing a diecast mark 6, getting war machine mark 1 would be a no brainer for me.. But I think I still might get it anyway. Especially since the armors are really the only things I collect.

Kind of curious as to how the comics will affect the movies. To those who keep up with the current comics, they know what happened to Rhodey. Do you think the same thing will happen to him in the movies? I hope not.

True.

Yeah, I have 02 as well and I really like it. The paint job is gorgeous. And you're right, war machine does need to be bulkier. I think that's why I like the 3 the best. I think it has the proper bulk and the best looking weapons overall.

If hot toys planned on releasing a diecast mark 6, getting war machine mark 1 would be a no brainer for me.. But I think I still might get it anyway. Especially since the armors are really the only things I collect.

Exactly, I'm just so sure we're going to see a DC mark VI that I'm very happy to jump on both. Plus all the battle damage on the Mark 1... the ex wife... both. I need both.

+1 for wanting SSC to update their photos :lecture

Exactly, I'm just so sure we're going to see a DC mark VI that I'm very happy to jump on both. Plus all the battle damage on the Mark 1... the ex wife... both. I need both.
I couldn't be any more sure we'll see a VI diecast or rerelease, but I am curious to see of they go with IM2 or A1 for it

i totally forgot about the opened VII.. i really just want a diecast version of it.. the VII is getting lower and lower on my favorites list. i have a feeling once my IX arrives it'll go ahead of the VII because of the beautiful paint job and i really like the heartbreaker legs.

yeah, you're right. i think i will pick up the 1 as well. if we don't get a proper diecast VI.. well, then i'll still be able to display the marks 1, 2, and 3 together which will look just as cool.

This may be old news to some, but I just noticed that the recorded "kills" on War Machine's armor appears to be Ultron heads...

WMkills2.jpg

Cool :clap

But what's the triangle?

It appears to be a uniform marking unrelated to the kills. There is a triangle on both his left and right outside chest. One is surrounded by kills, the other has his name under it.
latest

Looks like this pose works best when the head is straight forward and arms aiming forward rather than the side, otherwise the "door" from his muscles sits awkwardly right in front of his face. Might be cool if you want to pose him aiming slightly to the side to have the missiles closed on the one shoulder.

Here are some pics (one screen cap from movie and one of the HT figure) with his arms and head straight forward to see the difference.
5199801-0545303730-6-tv-.jpg
Civil-War-Hot-Toys-Diecast-War-Machine-002.jpg

Back