1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all these HT Iron man suits that have wrist missiles and shoulder rockets that I almost never use, and now the HT War Machine mk 3 doesn't have any... :gah:

hope they fix that, War Machine is the one who actually need guns popping out all over his body.

---

for me, just going by the way they appeared on screen.. i prefer the mark 3. as for the figures. if 3 includes the weaponry, i'd prefer that.. if not, i'd lean more towards the mark 1, but i'd still be teetering because of how much i like the design of the mark 3.

they've added weapons with this new mark 1, i would think they'd also want to include the weapons for the 3, especially since it's a diecast version. my fear is that they release this one without, then later down the road release the armored version. and by then, who knows how many other war machine suits we'll have seen.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'd still say the Mk1 is the definitive, if you're gonna have one, WM to own at the moment. The Mk3 would definitely make a case for itself if it got an upgrade in accessories.

As for on-screen. That's a tough call. I literally just caught the end of IM2 the other night on tv and was reminded of just how badass it looked fending off the "hammerrhoid" attack :lol. But I did love the Mk3 in the airport scene. They're both great armors!

I thought the Mk1 came with everything the first version had, except BD parts, a Rhodey head, and a new base?

whoops.. i never realized the ex-wife was included with the original. i didn't recall any reviews at the time pointing it out, my bad.

still the mark 3 should have all of his weapons lol.. the mark 1 even had/has weapons we never saw him use.

I'd still say the Mk1 is the definitive, if you're gonna have one, WM to own at the moment. The Mk3 would definitely make a case for itself if it got an upgrade in accessories.

As for on-screen. That's a tough call. I literally just caught the end of IM2 the other night on tv and was reminded of just how badass it looked fending off the "hammerrhoid" attack :lol. But I did love the Mk3 in the airport scene. They're both great armors!

i'm sure i'll wind up owning both of these.. but i'm not sure i'm going to try and pick up a mark 2 until hot toys reveals a diecast mark 6.

So, this figure seems to be missing allot.

Spoiler Spoiler:

If Hot Toys updates and includes these features I'll be on this figure like white on rice.

So, this figure seems to be missing allot.

If Hot Toys updates and includes these features I'll be on this figure like white on rice.

I'm going to get it no matter what because I really like the design.. But I too am hoping for some major updates, and I'd also like to see a weapons update for the 46 as well.

I'll definitely be getting this too. Need me some more War Machine!! Just need to track down Hot Rod so I can have them all!!! Haha speaking of, anyone need the original Mark I? I kinda want to replace it with the diecast later this year.

It's pretty clear the full armament for this wasn't revealed to licensees. King arts figure doesn't have it either. It could have been a late add in CG or they just didn't provide reference.
image.jpeg

Was the paintjob all busted up before the airport scene? I don't remember the suit ever looking as clean as the promo pictures

Was the paintjob all busted up before the airport scene? I don't remember the suit ever looking as clean as the promo pictures

It was already busted up, you can see it when he lands and apprehend's CA and WS after the tunnel chase.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Already PO this Figure but to me it seems like he's not as Buff as in the Movie :/ still it'll look good next to Mk1 and 2

dd4f9196e4b9aa6f141ff92ae56731d0.gif

Spoiler Spoiler:

Gotta remember they have not seen the film when they are shown this close to it coming out. 6-12 months ago these where designed(the figures) to have a prototype before a film. And given the hot toys version was shown months before the film hit theaters (toy soul in Dec15) they where making the figure before the cg was even closed to finished. Months before December to have it ready by then...means they probably only had very early concept art

Gotta remember they have not seen the film when they are shown this close to it coming out. 6-12 months ago these where designed(the figures) to have a prototype before a film. And given the hot toys version was shown months before the film hit theaters (toy soul in Dec15) they where making the figure before the cg was even closed to finished. Months before December to have it ready by then...means they probably only had very early concept art

We've seen a lot of changes to the Mk45, when is the point of no return as far as the production pieces go? It hasn't even been until very recently that we're seeing the electropainted gold. I'm just curious because it seems with the realm of possibility to make paint changes and accessory changes. But again, I have no knowledge on the process.

Paint is the last thing that goes on and can be changed very late in the process. It's structural changes or design changes that are very hard to do. Every piece is designed ahead of time. These are produced very much like you see model car kits. The parts have to be laid out in advance and engineered to be easily assembled and painted. It's pretty complex.

They can do any changes at any time. It just adds time and money. 6-9 months before a figure releases is the lock point usually where a figure "can" be changed. But if that change has then to be approved by marvel and the in house design team. The entire figure needs to be re layed out for tool. A new spec sheet and assembly diagram has to be generated. New master paint done. And about a hundred other things.

Just because fans didn't see the electroplated look till recently doesn't mean it was done recently. It was done as a choice months ago. Probably 6 or more months ago. 9 months is the general guideline for any production alteration to be incorporated. Sometime less if it's minor, but still not by much. And major change takes more.

It's just not something that can be done quickly, nor can it be done cheaply. That doesn't mean they didn't potentially get updated renders and opt to add the additional items. To early to know. But this is what happens when you get figures this close to a film. They are using unfinished concept design to make the stuff. And things on a cg character almost always change during post production.

Hope they update the weapon features even if it means a delay in release- it was amazing bad *** in the film with those weapons areas all extended/opened...

Hope they update the weapon features even if it means a delay in release- it was amazing bad *** in the film with those weapons areas all extended/opened...

Same here. I don't think many people would complain about a delay for this reason.

It would be such a shame if these accessories weren't included. My only worry is that it looks like there would need to be major changes to the mold to include all of them. Not as easy as adding new gauntlets or changing the paint job. My hopes are rather low for an update.

Wrong thread but does anyone know if HTs will be releasing a 1/4 Bust for War Machine MK3?? All I see are the 1/6 scale Bust for WM and IM

So I guess the prop builders for the film also had the outdated baton, same as what HT used. Here's a pic of it below, presumably created for CG reference. Don't think this prop has made the rounds in other exhibits yet, least I haven't seen a pic of it anywhere else.
20160609_173545_zpsrvl44itt.jpg

Still waiting for HT to release updated proto pics, though I will admit my interest in this figure has waned to non-existent after seeing the film.

Back