1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the movie last night and going to pass on this figure. I was on the fence about POing this but it didn't show any crazy new features that blew me away, just gonna stick with the Mk1 DC for now.

I dig this design and if I do pick up the mark 46 I'll need his buddy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

I actually liked War Machine a lot in this film. I'd almost consider getting him but not sure.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I actually liked War Machine a lot in this film. I'd almost consider getting him but not sure.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

My take on Rhodes post-CW:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Lol yeah man. That works too. I've just learned to accept what is presented to me while ignoring physics :lol

Lol yeah man. That works too. I've just learned to accept what is presented to me while ignoring physics :lol

Yes, even assuming that Tony can get the science and technology to exist and work.. We've kind of had to ignore the physics ever since he crash landed the original Mk 1 out in the desert... :lol

Yes, even assuming that Tony can get the science and technology to exist and work.. We've kind of had to ignore the physics ever since he crash landed the original Mk 1 out in the desert... :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes it was nowhere near as bad... but it was still a crash landing in a giant tin can, sand or not. Any child falling off a fort six/seven feet up in the air onto a bark or sand pit below knows that gravity hurts, :lol

Then there was the Mk II test, lol

We've seen Ant-man jumping off and landing from a very tall height and just continue like it was nothing (very strong knees he have).

A certain amount of suspension of belief needs to be at work. :wink1:

We've seen Ant-man jumping off and landing from a very tall height and just continue like it was nothing (very strong knees he have).

wasn't that explained in the movie?.. he basically has the attributes of an insect when he's small, meaning long falls are survivable.

anyways.. i'm really waiting for hot toys to swoop in and show us all an incredible weaponized war machine mark 3. i hope they come through for us! i really need to watch this movie again, him and his weapons were so badass.

wasn't that explained in the movie?.. he basically has the attributes of an insect when he's small, meaning long falls are survivable.

anyways.. i'm really waiting for hot toys to swoop in and show us all an incredible weaponized war machine mark 3. i hope they come through for us! i really need to watch this movie again, him and his weapons were so badass.

All the extra weaponry are a must after seeing him in action. Would be such a disservice to WM to send him off as is. Even with an upgrade, the Mk1 still makes the best WM if you only want one in the collection, but it would definitely help the Mk3s case.

Also, I know the accuracy of the paint color has been talked about in here (black vs grey), but I tend to agree that the color is a little off on the figure. I can't necessarily tell if it's a different grey per-se, but I think it's more of a contrast thing. Perhaps a darker grey or a shinier silver? Maybe both? Visually, it's an intimidating armor on screen. The figure doesn't seem to have the same pop.

Yeah the whole antman idea is flawed. Just Becuase theoretically he would still be the same strength at miniature size doesn't mean he's as strong as a bullett. Which is what they said. A bullet is moving at significantly higher speed. His punch would be more like stabbing someone with a blunt pencil, not a bullet. And if he still had all his mass and fell like he did in the bathtub scene he would break every bone in his body at best. Two hundred pounds landing a foot the size of needle...not gonna hold up. But hey, it still looks cool

Aw for the attributes when he's small..they explained it as purportional strength. Like an ant can lift 10 times its body weight...but it's not like he takes in insect traits. The way it's explained is he still as strong, fast, and has all the weight of a full grown man, but in a tiny form (less surface area means all the force is concentrated). But he doesn't get any stronger. So he shouldn't be able to do anything he couldn't do full grown, and he shouldn't be able to withstand anything more then a normal man. Just going by their on screen explanation.

Last edited:
All the extra weaponry are a must after seeing him in action. Would be such a disservice to WM to send him off as is. Even with an upgrade, the Mk1 still makes the best WM if you only want one in the collection, but it would definitely help the Mk3s case.

Also, I know the accuracy of the paint color has been talked about in here (black vs grey), but I tend to agree that the color is a little off on the figure. I can't necessarily tell if it's a different grey per-se, but I think it's more of a contrast thing. Perhaps a darker grey or a shinier silver? Maybe both? Visually, it's an intimidating armor on screen. The figure doesn't seem to have the same pop.

i don't really have too much of a problem with the color at this point. i'm more focussed on the lack of weapons. but from the screenshots i've seen compared to the figure.. it looks like the armor in the movie has a slightly shinier and little bit lighter silver while the black/dark grey is a little darker than the dark grey used for the figure. plus, the lack of red outlines on the reactor and the eyes isn't helping the intimidation factor.

for me, just going by the way they appeared on screen.. i prefer the mark 3. as for the figures. if 3 includes the weaponry, i'd prefer that.. if not, i'd lean more towards the mark 1, but i'd still be teetering because of how much i like the design of the mark 3.

they've added weapons with this new mark 1, i would think they'd also want to include the weapons for the 3, especially since it's a diecast version. my fear is that they release this one without, then later down the road release the armored version. and by then, who knows how many other war machine suits we'll have seen.
Spoiler Spoiler:

they've added weapons with this new mark 1, i would think they'd also want to include the weapons for the 3, especially since it's a diecast version. my fear is that they release this one without, then later down the road release the armored version. and by then, who knows how many other war machine suits we'll have seen.

I thought the Mk1 came with everything the first version had, except BD parts, a Rhodey head, and a new base?

Back