1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will be my 3 WMs! I remember when I was trying to convince myself the MK2 was enough. Can't wait for the 3...love the 1. They are all awesome in their own ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Jaymas was too. Oh boy now he enjoys the MkIII. Good job community!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm in love with this thing. I can now confidently say that I prefer the 3 over the 1. Don't get me wrong, the 1 is fantastic, but the 3 is just more fun. I love having all three displayed together.

Anyways.. I really hope the next war machine armor is also decked out with weapons.

Now bring on the 46 and 6!!

I'm in love with this thing. I can now confidently say that I prefer the 3 over the 1. Don't get me wrong, the 1 is fantastic, but the 3 is just more fun.

I feel the opposite way. Yeah I love the Mk. III but to me the diecast Mk. I was a godsend! The 3 things that bother me the most about the 3 vs 1 is the shoulder cannon on the 3 just doesn't look nearly as imposing as the 1. The way that the weapons on the 1 can be collapsed into the armor instead of having to stick them on the 3 and lastly the shoulder gap on the 3 can be a real PITA.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Mk. III and since I have a couple extra to sell I probably shouldn't even bring up any of this stuff but honestly, the diecast Mk. I is THE BEAST In my opinion.

I'm in love with this thing. I can now confidently say that I prefer the 3 over the 1. Don't get me wrong, the 1 is fantastic, but the 3 is just more fun. I love having all three displayed together.

Anyways.. I really hope the next war machine armor is also decked out with weapons.

Now bring on the 46 and 6!!

I tend to agree with this. War Machine Mark III is my new favorite version of the character. I have had the die-cast Mark I for a few months now and while I love it, I almost feel like it's TOO much, if that makes sense. This Mark III just feels right when handling it and it hits all the right notes with its accessories. The weight is perfect, plus I love the design - well balanced integration of the Mark I, with some of the sleekness of the Mark II. Bulky, but not TOO bulky.

I may be biased though as my die-cast Mark I strangely came in a Sideshow box that didn't include the Hot Toys shipper. I am pretty certain it was one of their returns because the batteries were all in and I thought some items were missing, but everything was already set up. The screwdriver was just thrown into the styrofoam box with the figure. That all kind of took some wind out of it being "new" for me because it had obviously been tampered with. No issues with it, though.

I tend to agree with this. War Machine Mark III is my new favorite version of the character. I have had the die-cast Mark I for a few months now and while I love it, I almost feel like it's TOO much, if that makes sense. This Mark III just feels right when handling it and it hits all the right notes with its accessories. The weight is perfect, plus I love the design - well balanced integration of the Mark I, with some of the sleekness of the Mark II. Bulky, but not TOO bulky.

I may be biased though as my die-cast Mark I strangely came in a Sideshow box that didn't include the Hot Toys shipper. I am pretty certain it was one of their returns because the batteries were all in and I thought some items were missing, but everything was already set up. The screwdriver was just thrown into the styrofoam box with the figure. That all kind of took some wind out of it being "new" for me because it had obviously been tampered with. No issues with it, though.

^^ I'm curious to hear more of your thoughts, because I have both, but due to space restrictions, I may have to get rid of one and I'm not sure which yet. I have yet to open either of them. I was originally a fan of the Mk 1, mostly because I always saw WM as bulky and with a mini-gun strapped on his back, but I am also making a Civil War battle diorama display so I got Mk III as well.

UPS told me this guy was coming this Monday, and I didn't think to check my email to see the update that he was coming early today, so of course I missed him by being out of the house. And now the hours are suddenly moving at a crawl, knowing I almost had WM here.
Not even first world problems. Maybe zero'th

IMG_5439_zpsm3ojyzl0.jpg

I'm in love with this thing. It's hands down, no question, without a doubt my favorite war machine. I can't decide on how to display him.. All armored up, partially armored up, wielding his baton, baton in hand resting on his shoulder.. That's one of my favorite aspects, there are so many options that I am changing it up almost daily.

Right now I have them in the 'seriously, I'm not in the mood for your crap right now' pose.

IMG_5463_zps92vmedce.jpg

Him displayed with the 1 & 2 looks awesome. These diecast figures just keep getting better and better.

Now the wait for the 46 and 6 is getting tougher and tougher.

Can't wait to see your setup with the Mk6 and 46. Great seeing them together and love the poses!

My Mk 3 arrived on Friday, and he is simply magnificent.

He just seems to consolidate all the aspects I loved in some previous HT figures but held off from buying as I only had a passing interest in those franchises.

The armour has that wonderful "R-Type" brushed metal sheen that the Appleseed and Robocop figures had, while the sculpt and articulation have something of the ED-209's brutalist bulk and the T-800 Endo's mechanical marvel.

The paintjob also brings to mind real state of the art military hardware like the F22 and F35. And while the shoulder cannon doesn't make the same kind of statement as the Mk1's Minigun, it does fit nicely with this fifth-generation aesthetic, looking like a cutting edge railgun or particle beam that can shoot down an ICBM at 100 clicks while the pilot performs evasive manoeuvres :wink1:

The melee weapon is a nice addition, giving you the option of stripping away all other weapons to leave a stacked, streamlined brawling machine that really looks the part alongside your Caps and your Hawkeyes.

I've had none of the shoulder gap problems seen on the video reviews. The shoulder cowls are attached to the shoulder joints, and the shoulder joints rotate both on the body side and the arm side. I.e. you can rotate the shoulder joint so that the cowl will cover any gap, then rotate the upper arm independently to get the arm pose you want. Also, the cowl can swivel in addition to rocking back and forth and moving in and out.

Sure, it's inconvenient to have to pull it away from the body any time you pose the arms. But you have an excellent chance of getting a nice snug fit to the body when the posing is done and you push the cowl back into place.

My only issues:

* The light-up eyes do dim after 10 minutes or so. Eventually they will fade to a point where from certain angles in daylight you can't tell they are there, although from the side and beneath they still look fairly bright. In fact, all of the lights will dim after an extended period of time - I had them on all night last night and by morning they needed a half hour's rest.

...But I did have the world's coolest night-light :clap

* The light switch on his left arm is broken. I'm going to email Sideshow about this today - hopefully I can mail the arm back to them rather than having to destroy the arm and send them a photo...

Here he is in all his glory, ready to stop an armoured column single handed:

IMG_0042.jpg

:yess:

Thanks guys.

Yeah, the iron man 3 mk 2 was my first war machine.. I figured I'd skip the age of ultron version, but after getting a closer look at its paint job I had to have it. It's not my favorite armor, but I will say that I wouldn't want to have 1 without the others or even 1 and 3 without it. Plus it goes with the 45 and I LOVE the 45.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, the iron man 3 mk 2 was my first war machine.. I figured I'd skip the age of ultron version, but after getting a closer look at its paint job I had to have it. It's not my favorite armor, but I will say that I wouldn't want to have 1 without the others or even 1 and 3 without it. Plus it goes with the 45 and I LOVE the 45.

HT definitely improved the paint from IM3 to AoU WM for sure. I still think Hot Rod has the nicest paint of all 4 variants.

This is turning out to be one of my fav Hot Toys releases. So pleased with him especially after the epic fail of chewy from TFA.
IMG_0312.jpg

^^ I'm curious to hear more of your thoughts, because I have both, but due to space restrictions, I may have to get rid of one and I'm not sure which yet. I have yet to open either of them. I was originally a fan of the Mk 1, mostly because I always saw WM as bulky and with a mini-gun strapped on his back, but I am also making a Civil War battle diorama display so I got Mk III as well.

You have quite the dilemma there, good man. It would be tough for me to make that kind of decision. My current preference of the War Machine Mark III over the Mark I may be in part because it is a new figure. Although, this release recaptured that sense of wonder I had upon getting my first die-cast Iron Man figure, which was the Mark II War Machine from Iron Man 3. I don't know - I prefer the details and rectangular/diamond shapes on this over the Mark I design first off. This Mark III has a look that reminds me of other things I liked in the designs of other classic robots, such as those in the Gundam series or Robotech.

To me, the Mark I has a rather strange-looking head shape (too rounded), plus the feet and ankle portions are designed in an odd way that makes them look like boots on a pirate (Captain Morgan comes to mind). The toes appear to curl up and the thrusters and flaps on the back of the lower legs don't help with this look. I think the Mark I might be more posable than the Mark III, but I haven't had either figure in anything too dynamic. I enjoy them both, but I guess I just prefer the aesthetic of the Mark III over the Mark I right now. I think this Mark III design will stand the test of time better than the Mark I, but only time will tell.

I also prefer the pink light up features on the Mark III. That color plays off of the greys on the armor in a really neat way. It is the first figure I've had in quite a while that not only feels like a high end collectible, but it's also an exquisite piece, not unlike a beautiful painting.

I would also add that if this is the current Hot Toys standard, then it bodes well for their next die-cast release in the form of the Mark XLVI.

Mine came today and I adore it. Since my first two figures were Armored Batman and Civil War Cap, I was pleasantly surprised with how posable he is. Lots of options. Not that there's a lot of competition right now, but he's definitely my new favorite among the three. Can't wait to put him next to the Mark 46.

Back