1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated pictures and still no red eyes?

Even if they don't use red LEDs can't they just achieve the effect like what they're doing with the DC Mark 1 where they're using white lights but red lenses?

Are the lights actually red or are they just outlined in red like the Iron Man 3 war machine? that last picture posted kinda looks like the latter.

That's pretty much in line with how the Mark 2/Patriot's eyes were. White light outlined in red.

latest

Mark 3's eyes were definitely red or more red in appearance this time around.

13442211_10154266839763594_6715871439557835996_n.jpg

War%20Machine.png

I will regrettably pass on this if it's not remedied.

Last edited:
War Machine would actually be a really good "evolution of character display" to have.. I sort of have that with Thor now (although I'm not sure his design evolves really), and plan on doing it with Wanda..

Updated pictures and still no red eyes?

Even if they don't use red LEDs can't they just achieve the effect like what they're doing with the DC Mark 1 where they're using white lights but red lenses?

That's pretty much in line with how the Mark 2/Patriot's eyes were. White light outlined in red.

latest

Mark 3's eyes were definitely red or more red in appearance this time around.

13442211_10154266839763594_6715871439557835996_n.jpg

War%20Machine.png

I will regrettably pass on this if it's not remedied.

That's a bummer. I wonder if they'll change it.

It's not too big a deal for me. I think the updated version looks great. The extra weapons just cement this as my favorite version of war machine. The mark 1 is great looking, and I really like the age of ultron mark 2, but the weapons. The shapes, the paint scheme, it all just works for me.

Plus, I don't display my figures with their lights on, so I couldn't see passing on it for that. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't like them to be more accurate, it's just not a deal breaker for me.

Just get both? Mark 1 and this will look badass together.

27126443644_5065b40551_h.jpg

Yeah, add the age of ultron mark 3, and that'd be one awesome looking display.

I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to pick up the mark 1. I absolutely love the design, but I feel that it wouldn't really have a place in my display. Now, if they revealed a diecast mark VI, I'd absolutely pick up the mark 1.. We'll see. I might not be able to pass it up when the time comes.

The only thing the Mark 3 is lacking is a oversized shoulder mounted chain gun. The one he has right now is just weak haha

Great news! HT really comes through with their revisions, additions and improvements over the last couple of years. I was pretty confident that they'd revise the baton, but didn't think they'd go the extra mile.

Too bad they went all out but still didn't include that sonic blaster though. The red light thing is really odd too. They made the original MK I dead red, got it right on the MK I DC, but still leave it out here

Great news! HT really comes through with their revisions, additions and improvements over the last couple of years. I was pretty confident that they'd revise the baton, but didn't think they'd go the extra mile.

Too bad they went all out but still didn't include that sonic blaster though. The red light thing is really odd too. They made the original MK I dead red, got it right on the MK I DC, but still leave it out here

I would have bet the other way. That they would have added the weapons, but left the baton. I am glad they did both though. Pretty intimidating suit now.

I love the mk1 suit. But I think this one is a lot more armed. Just because the shoulder gun isn't as big doesn't mean it's less powerful. Plus, this is now stark tech not hammer tech...so it probably works. Lol

It's more in line with where War Machine should be, based on Iron Man technology.. I mean, big ass mega weapon on an 'Iron Man' suit? lol... War Machine Mk1 almost looks more at home with Iron Monger or Iron Man Mk 1, than Tony's 3rd? (depending on your point of view) evolution of suits..

This gives me hope they will improve Falcon and Hawkeye. They gave War Machine like 8 extra parts here. Hawkeye just needs one single extra weapon.

Now Falcon's wing shield would probably be a large molded piece (x2) so that would bring the price up quite a bit. But I can imagine them releasing an accessories pack for him, just like the Iron Man workshop pack. They could include 2 shields and then the 'diamond' backpack shaped part. And maybe 2 more wings that are arched upward. I wouldn't mind paying extra for that.

I really wouldn't count on falcon getting anything extra like that. He's not a big seller and his price point is nearly a third what war machines is.

Glad I pre-ordered this! Was super surprised when I saw this on Instagram.

Hope for hulkbuster to get Veronica and arm?

I really wouldn't count on falcon getting anything extra like that. He's not a big seller and his price point is nearly a third what war machines is.

Fair points for sure, but I can see them adding the "wing shield". I agree that articulated wings and the wrap around wings are unlikely.

Thank god he's not doing the Harley Quinn baseball bat pose with the baton anymore. A little more wear on the figure would be awesome but otherwise he looks great!

I wonder if his baton will attach to his back like it did in the movie....

That'd be a nice touch.

I wonder if the additional weapons means there will be a delay. I really can't wait for this. I wish it and the XLVI were releasing closer together.

Back