1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn. I would have gotten this if I haven't POd already the WM mark 1 DC. Still, I got for $310 with ship @ popcultcha awhile back so I did got a good deal.

I figured they were doing this when it got pushed back. I'm surprised about the lack of red LEDs and I think his armor was still more scratched up. I preferred the extra worn look

What to do? What to do? I need this or the MK I in my life. Gonna try and swing for both.....

Between the Mk1 and Mk3, I still find the Mk1 has the better design overall. I'm not a huge fan of the legs and helmet on the Mk3, everything else looks pretty awesome though. However, for a more advanced version of WM there's no question the Mk3 is the way to go. I can't justify spending $350+ twice for WM, so for me I'm just sticking with the DC Mk1. The Mk1 already has most of the weapons on the Mk3, just missing the 2nd forearm guns and baton (which I'd never display), while the Mk1 comes with a lot more BD parts.

I'm hoping for Avengers 3, Rhodes gets a significant upgrade with dual shoulder cannons and some other cool tech. I think that'll be when I pull the trigger for a new WM figure.

Are the lights actually red or are they just outlined in red like the Iron Man 3 war machine? that last picture posted kinda looks like the latter.

Yeah, I had the same thought.

Doesn't the original war machine mark 1 have red eyes? I just don't think that looks right.

I'm fine with the way it is.. I don't want totally red lights. If they're able to do something to give it that red edge glow, then go for it.

Now War Machine starts to look much more like an armed War Machine... saving my pennies and only planning on Scarlet Witch from the movie though..

Now War Machine starts to look much more like an armed War Machine... saving my pennies and only planning on Scarlet Witch from the movie though..
:exactly:
He's definitely stepped up from the toned down MK2 and I this armor(IMO) looks the best out of all the marks so far.

Between the Mk1 and Mk3, I still find the Mk1 has the better design overall. I'm not a huge fan of the legs and helmet on the Mk3, everything else looks pretty awesome though. However, for a more advanced version of WM there's no question the Mk3 is the way to go. I can't justify spending $350+ twice for WM, so for me I'm just sticking with the DC Mk1. The Mk1 already has most of the weapons on the Mk3, just missing the 2nd forearm guns and baton (which I'd never display), while the Mk1 comes with a lot more BD parts.

I'm hoping for Avengers 3, Rhodes gets a significant upgrade with dual shoulder cannons and some other cool tech. I think that'll be when I pull the trigger for a new WM figure.

I also think I still prefer the Mk1, because I love the gatling gun

I also think I still prefer the Mk1, because I love the gatling gun

Yeah I love the gun aswell. But the rest of the mark 3 just looks better to me. But I can definitely understand why people still prefer the mark 1.

:exactly:
He's definitely stepped up from the toned down MK2 and I this armor(IMO) looks the best out of all the marks so far.

I agree. The amount and look of the weapons just put the 3 over the top.

I wonder if the weapons are built into the figure, or if they're removable pieces. I'd be happy either way. On one hand, you'd get a ton of cool accessories. On the other, you'd have some really cool moving pieces. Or maybe it's a combination of both.

Daayumm! Those updated pics look amazing! I can only have one.. do I want this or the old war machine? Decisions decisions

I agree. The amount and look of the weapons just put the 3 over the top.

I wonder if the weapons are built into the figure, or if they're removable pieces. I'd be happy either way. On one hand, you'd get a ton of cool accessories. On the other, you'd have some really cool moving pieces. Or maybe it's a combination of both.
Absolutely :goodpost:

I think they'll be wrist attachments, like the rockets on the IM figures, I wouldn't say they are built in, although I actually have no idea :lol

Absolutely :goodpost:

I think they'll be wrist attachments, like the rockets on the IM figures, I wouldn't say they are built in, although I actually have no idea :lol

Yeah, I just took a closer look and you're probably right. Either way I'm thrilled.

I REALLY did not expect all of this. I thought maybe they'd change the baton, but this is wonderful.. Just makes the wait that much more difficult.

Daayumm! Those updated pics look amazing! I can only have one.. do I want this or the old war machine? Decisions decisions

Well, if you're only going to get one.. I might wait until infinity wars and then choose.. But who knows what the prices for the 1 & 3 will be by then.

Just guessing here, the smaller missile pods look like they're built into the figure. The larger missile pod looks like it's a swappable piece, the side of the pod doesn't match how that section looks when not deployed in the baton holding pics. It also doesn't look like the pod is articulated like on the Mk1, that kinda sucks. The forearm extended guns look like they're add-on pieces, may have to swap out the top plate of the forearm. I'm doubtful HT will make the entire forearm swappable but that could be a direction they go given the price of the figure.

Just guessing here, the smaller missile pods look like they're built into the figure. The larger missile pod looks like it's a swappable piece, the side of the pod doesn't match how that section looks when not deployed in the baton holding pics. It also doesn't look like the pod is articulated like on the Mk1, that kinda sucks. The forearm extended guns look like they're add-on pieces, may have to swap out the top plate of the forearm. I'm doubtful HT will make the entire forearm swappable but that could be a direction they go given the price of the figure.

I wonder if we'll get an updated version of the 'all included' picture. That'd be nice.

And here I picked the Mark 1 over this... I think I just may pick this up as well. Thank you flex payments.

Just get both? Mark 1 and this will look badass together.

27126443644_5065b40551_h.jpg

Back