1/6 Hot Toys - MMS315 - Captain America: TWS - Nick Fury Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: TWS - Nick Fury Collectible Figure

I think they're going to have LOADS of DC figures...that may be one of the reason they're pumping out so many Marvel figures right now. I think there'll be a great deal from Batman Vs. Superman, and then there's Justice League, Suicide Squad, etc...all coming out (JL after) so I think our wallets will learn to have HT even more in the coming years.
I hope so I think they took advantage of the fact that there was no DC movies coming out this year and so they just dedicated so many resources to the avengers.

Next year will not be the case as their are 2 DC movies in addition to the 2 marvel movies and this is not including the 2 xmen movies if they can at least get one figure from each movie.

The only thing that bothers me about marvel not having the rights back to the movies is the fact that we can not get any figures for those movies.

Sill don't know how they are able to get wolverine figures and not the rest what makes him so special.

I hope so I think they took advantage of the fact that there was no DC movies coming out this year and so they just dedicated so many resources to the avengers.

Next year will not be the case as their are 2 DC movies in addition to the 2 marvel movies and this is not including the 2 xmen movies if they can at least get one figure from each movie.

The only thing that bothers me about marvel not having the rights back to the movies is the fact that we can not get any figures for those movies.

Sill don't know how they are able to get wolverine figures and not the rest what makes him so special.

Hot toys can get licenses for non marvel marvel movies, its just harder to work out fees as fox doesnt control all likeness rights like marvel does (mostly), so theres a lot more "ok's" that need to go up a chain at fox vs a more streamlined approval at disney

Hot toys can get licenses for non marvel marvel movies, its just harder to work out fees as fox doesnt control all likeness rights like marvel does (mostly), so theres a lot more "ok's" that need to go up a chain at fox vs a more streamlined approval at disney
What I don't get is if the actor does not approve likeness they can't make it how is that possible I thought they signed that away. Do actors do the same thing when Hasbro and Mattel make toys probably not or even play arts kai.

What I don't get is if the actor does not approve likeness they can't make it how is that possible I thought they signed that away. Do actors do the same thing when Hasbro and Mattel make toys probably not or even play arts kai.

some actors write into their contracts that they retain likeness rights of their likeness (not necessarily the character, just their face) Hasbro is not detailed enough anyways so the toy can represent their character without using their likeness. they dont do x men movie figures likely because fox is a pain to deal with, and theres a ton of comic related stuff to be done. So Jennifer lawrence for example turned down a marvel select movie toy of mystique, she holds the final decision on these issues. I believe hugh jackman and Robert Downey also hold theirs

some actors write into their contracts that they retain likeness rights of their likeness (not necessarily the character, just their face) Hasbro is not detailed enough anyways so the toy can represent their character without using their likeness. they dont do x men movie figures likely because fox is a pain to deal with, and theres a ton of comic related stuff to be done. So Jennifer lawrence for example turned down a marvel select movie toy of mystique, she holds the final decision on these issues. I believe hugh jackman and Robert Downey also hold theirs
OK well that will explain why we can get wolverine figures and nothing else same because the new x men apocalypse costumes that they have shown so far look amazing

OK well that will explain why we can get wolverine figures and nothing else same because the new x men apocalypse costumes that they have shown so far look amazing

OMG quicksilver and storm look so cool, Ill continue to hope HT's works it out in the future

All I want from X-Men is Fassbender Magneto.

Me, too, basically.

While I would be on board with McAvoy's Professor X and a J Law Mystique, it would ONLY be AFTER I get Fassbender Magneto because I wouldn't want them without him.

Unlike the MCU where there are so many characters I love, with X-Men he's THE character I would have to be assured to get before I would want to buy any of the few others I would buy.

Lucky for me I'm not a DC girl whatsoever.

I'm sure they'll do a lot of DC figures.....whether or not they go Maria Hill deep, though, I think will depend on the success of the films.

Does DC even have Mariah Hill type figuers? :lol That's one thing I've always found with Marvel over DC (DEFINITELY not turning this thread into a fight! I enjoy both! :lol) is that Marvel has a lot of secondary characters that I find easier to keep up with over...say...Superman's rogue gallery, or all the Green Lanterns.

I guess you could look Amanda Waller from Suicide Squad (Not going to lie, I had to look that name up :lol) to say if they'd go that deep. But I don't think they'd do that with Suicide Squad. I doubt we'll even get all the SS main group. I mean, they only REALLY go that deep with Avengers movies on the Marvel side.

I'd think from Suicide Squad we'll definitely get a Harley, Joker, Will Smith (Deadshot?), and I'd LIKE a possible Killer Croc, and a Katana. I mean, I don't KNOW the Katana character, but I love Samurai. Really though, I think there'll only be a few from that movie that they believe will sell, and maybe more moving forward if it's overly popular. I'd say the three I first mentioned are likely the only "guaranteed" figures if they do the movie.

I've been a Portman fan since The Professional. That cute little girl showed acting chops and showed she had a future. But even she has succumbed to her own hype. She recently was asked about where she keeps her Oscar for Black Swan. She said she didn't know and wouldn't display it anyway because that would literally be worshiping a false idol. Umm, it's nothing more than an award for a job well done. Displaying it is not worshiping it. I think it shows you where her head is really at.
Ryan

Don't have a Fury yet, so this is good news.

Headsculpt look spot-on.

Yep. Will buy this guy. Missed the first one. Great sculpt

If no collapsed lung with this fig, easy pass for me.

:wink1:

:yess: Bought! Head sculpt on this version looks better than the original. I'm happy they released another Fury. Aside from any other new Caps that will come out in the future, all I want now is Peggy.

Glad he is being released. Instant PO.

This is awesome news. I missed out on the first one, now I can finally get SLJ in my collection. Very cool.

Back