1/6 Hot Toys - MMS315 - Captain America: TWS - Nick Fury Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: TWS - Nick Fury Collectible Figure

It's kind of ridiculous if you look at how many pieces are all due at the same time. Not just Marvel either, the Batman/Wayne Returns pack is also at that time.

Yeah they really have been cranking out a lot of releases. Which is awesome but also expensive

There's 1k in preorders I haven't ordered yet! nevermind whats on order or flex pay.

I have PF PG on flex, Hill, BW on flex. and Want the Batman set, the pepper, mark IX, Fury and Thor...
HELP

I started collecting right as the first Thor came out. Ahh memories. :D My first figure was the Mark IV and 2nd was the Mark V. I then got the First Avenger Cap for $130 sealed and shipped. That's a total ****ing steal. It's too bad you can't figures for that price anymore. I remember when the first Fury came up and I just didn't care about him much since I wasn't a fan of Ultimate Nick Fury and that's basically what he was until The Winter Soldier. WS Fury had the perfect amount of 616 characteristics and was just overall written better and I can't wait to get this version of him.

I started collecting right as the first Thor came out. Ahh memories. :D My first figure was the Mark IV and 2nd was the Mark V. I then got the First Avenger Cap for $130 sealed and shipped. That's a total ****ing steal. It's too bad you can't figures for that price anymore. I remember when the first Fury came up and I just didn't care about him much since I wasn't a fan of Ultimate Nick Fury and that's basically what he was until The Winter Soldier. WS Fury had the perfect amount of 616 characteristics and was just overall written better and I can't wait to get this version of him.

:thud:

Right now all I have on flex is Hill. I'll wait til Fury is $20 coupon eligible since he's not an exclusive. Apart from those two I'm not getting anything else until Thanos unless a discount deal pops up.

My sig pic tells how deep I'm in. I currently have 21 Iron Man / Avengers figures, 1 Sideshow 501st Clone Trooper, and 3 of the workshop accessories packs.
Ryan

Collecting the 1/6 dollies isn't too hard on the wallet if you plan it responsibly. The nice thing is you usually have at least 10-12 months before release to gather up the funds to purchase figures. The fact they hardly ever sell out from pre-order now makes it easier to shop for deals compared to how it was a few years back.

I used to wonder when I first started collecting how many figures the average collector could purchase. My guess is 10-12 pieces for die hard collectors looking to complete specific lines. That's a little over a $200 a month plastic crack habit which is not unreasonable for someone with steady income. Worse vices with booze and cigarettes to name a few.

I went stupid and upped the game into movie replicas and studio scale models. These HT's are like buying a playstation game compared to buying those pieces. Sadly, I don't think twice about the money I throw at my dollies collection, kind of numb to it now.:lol

Good post, man.

Getting Hot Toys actually used to be very easy for me to get since it was all I mainly collected aside from vinyl records but since 2013 or whenever the Poison Ivy PF came out, I got addicted to getting SSC PF's as well AND buying comics weekly so it's even harder to save up for Hot Toys now, especially with all the movies and figures that are going to be coming out. It's a nightmare to think about.

But of course, you do have a year or so to save up and figures don't sell out as much like they used to as hokie said so that's a plus.

i make 26k and lose most of it to bills and payments i manage to buy 1 hot toy and 1 smaller 1/6 company figures a month.. if i made 50k dear god id be buying 5 a month

I went stupid and upped the game into movie replicas and studio scale models. These HT's are like buying a playstation game compared to buying those pieces. Sadly, I don't think twice about the money I throw at my dollies collection, kind of numb to it now.:lol

I can't believe I how "easy" times were 10 years ago only collecting McFarlane and Transformers figures :lol

29c4793f4c5213fd96a2de911562ec22.jpg

b5fef07f1afb401a665c6ab6974c624e.jpg

Back