1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll reserve judgement until I see more pictures of the head sculpt in different lighting situations.

The CW Ant-Man suit just has an appeal to me in the vintage style so I'm still sticking with my current order of the first one. I'd like a vintage Wasp too, but that won't happen. Who knows maybe the CW movie might sway me to get the new one too. I wasn't planning on getting any Batman v Superman figures, but when I saw the movie I ordered the Superman and Wonder Woman Hot Toys figures.

388661ad39e47c3b0533c4ebc952e0c5.jpg

Paul Rudd + Ben Affleck = Paul Affleck? Or Ben Rudd?

Honestly your comparison points out it looks more like Rudd. Though without the comparison pictures he does look like the bastard child of Affleck. Some differences seen here. Affleck has smaller narrower eye openings, smaller nose and wider chin. I think the thing is we are not used to seeing Paul Rudd have a serious look on his face for any amount of time. All through Ant-Man he seemed pretty cool about the craziest and toughest situations.

I'm kind of wondering why, if they updated the suit to modern electronics, they still feel the need to have the actuator buttons on the gloves? Not a big issue though.

so people you like the new ant man more or the old one?

the old one
1. more accurate head sculpt with expression
2. helmet with battle damage effect
3. easy to switch between open/close helmet display
4. more muscular body

IMO the retro suit is way-cooler...and I can't even consider ordering the CW version until I have the first one in hand. :impatient:

You guys think he will go to waitlist soon, given the dislike for the new CW version? Or will he last for a while and get some free shipping/discount perks?

Leaning towards the new one. If it's cheaper than the first one, I'm gonna throw the first one up on Ebay.

I will think that the new one will be cheaper for sure.

the old one
1. more accurate head sculpt with expression
2. helmet with battle damage effect
3. easy to switch between open/close helmet display
4. more muscular body

The old helm is better then the new thats right. But the figures looks almost the same.

By delay, what do people actually mean? Is it just that the cargo ship simply hasn't arrived to the US yet? Beyond that, what else could cause a delay after a figure has already seen release in China?

I will think that the new one will be cheaper for sure.

The old helm is better then the new thats right. But the figures looks almost the same.

Didn't the pre-order go up already? They're both the same price I think.

Really strange to see both movies Ant-Man figures up for preorder at the same time.

Does anyone have the 1st in hand? Has anyone seen the light-up eyes at work?

Really strange to see both movies Ant-Man figures up for preorder at the same time.

Does anyone have the 1st in hand? Has anyone seen the light-up eyes at work?

It'a amazing. One of HT's most impressive figures. The eyes are not terribly bright but look fantastic.

Back