1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez is everything getting pushed back? If so, I wonder why.

No. Every time someone's says a figure was delayed lately it's actually not been delayed at all. Hot toys provides a 3 month window for releases. Ssc schedules flex initially so the final payment is the first month of that window. It's easier to ask someone to hold onto money they should have then to come up with money they didn't plan. And it's better for space in case it arrives at the early. We have gotten more early release figures this year then delayed (cap, Hawkeye, bw, hulk, stealth mk7 all released early). Once a figure releases in Hong Kong it's already on its way to ssc. But neither company can control the weather (el Nino can cause significant sea conditions that can greatly extended the time a container ship takes to get to the port of long beach) nor can they control a strike at the port that l cussed a nearly 15 month back log (strike ended earlier this year, meaning it could take till next year to get completly back on schedule, according to the port press releases). So a trip that usually takes 2-5 weeks, for the container ship, takes 4-8. A port turn around time that used to take 3-7 days is 10 days. And they need 3-5 business days to organize, check stock, get it labeled and boxed and charged ect. Most of this is beyond the control of either company. And they STILL usually hit that 3 month window. It's just toward the back end more often then they like.

I really don't know that this could look any better than what I see here. Ordered. Worst thing now is I have to get Yellowjacket too.

This person could not find this thread and I thought I would help him or her out...
What do you think about the new Hot Toys Ant-man figure?
Are you going to purchase it?
Do you think the head sculpt is similar to Paul Rudd?
Are the accessories coming with the figure enough?
Post here your opinions! :)

To answer the questions myself...
Looks good
not planning on it at the moment, there are too many other things I am getting right now.
Looks like one of the better likeness HT has done.
Seems on par with other figures- not sure what else they should add.

Looks really nice and movie accurate as there are no exposed joints.
PO already.
very accurate and with expression.
i like the shrunk ant-man accessory.

This person could not find this thread and I thought I would help him or her out...

To answer the questions myself...
Looks good
not planning on it at the moment, there are too many other things I am getting right now.
Looks like one of the better likeness HT has done.
Seems on par with other figures- not sure what else they should add.

Thank you so much again for posting my questions in this thread. I'm a woman, BTW :)

Now I'm going to answer those questions myself:

Looks very well done, indeed, but maybe I would have used a somewhat slimmer body.
not planning on it at the moment, since I don't have enough money right now, but I would like to.
A really good head sculpt, in my opinion.
I truly would have liked an additional entire head sculpt of him, not just his helmeted face, in order to put it on another body with civilian clothes.

Thank you so much again for posting my questions in this thread.
No problem :)
I truly would have liked an entire head sculpt of him, not just his helmeted face, in order to put him on another body with civilian clothes.

A whole head sculpt of Rudd would be cool, but I really like the version in the helmet. Maybe if they make a Civil War version it will come with a Paul Rudd head without a helmet. And then there is the AntMan and Wasp movie they plan on making. So plenty of opportunity for variety down the line.

It's very cool and I liked the film
No. Space is an issue and Ant-Man is not high enough on my list. Everytime I buy a new one I have to sell an old one.
Yeah, it's pretty good, but would have loved a head without helmet
I wish they would surprise us a bit more with the accessories. Think out of the box (but in the movie)

Love it, great looking figure...and I thought the movie was awesome! Think this figure will become another of my favourites. :)

Already pre-ordered!! :rock

Definitely! I think the sculpt is one of Hot Toys best!

For me personally, yes, it's not very often that I use accessories anyway tbh...weapons aside, most of them just end up staying in the box.

Love it, great looking figure...and I thought the movie was awesome! Think this figure will become another of my favourites. :)

Already pre-ordered!! :rock

Definitely! I think the sculpt is one of Hot Toys best!

For me personally, yes, it's not very often that I use accessories anyway tbh...weapons aside, most of them just end up staying in the box.

What he said...

Thank you so much again for posting my questions in this thread. I'm a woman, BTW :)
Woo, it's a lady...

SNL_1022_06_The_Ladies_Man_EST.png

Back