1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the help. OK, no heat. I just thought if it soften the plastic a wee bit... but I would be afraid of melting/warping those antennae things on his ears.

I'll have to take my Ant-Man head to Osh and see if one of the wandering salespeople can help me unscrew my head. :lol

:lol

So his head does just pop off No problem. The screwdriver I use the most (not every) HT with lights is a #0-3" Phillips head. Find a #0 Phillips go for 3-4 inches and check to make sure it's not just a #0, make sure it is made well. Probably only $5 for craftsman and put the head in the fridge for just a couple mins. LMK how it goes.

Since I don't seem to have the proper phillips head for most of these figures, I find a tiny flat screwdriver to be safer to use (in terms of preventing stripping).

You: My head's not screwed on right. Can you help me?

Osh Employee: Uh, I think you may be looking for the medical clinic down the street.

You: No, I mean my Ant-Man figure's head.

:lol

He/she is definitely going to have a laugh.

TonTon: I tried a small flathead but I just couldn't get it locked in place enough to get the screw to turn.

I really love this figure and the last thing I want to do is break it -- or have to to get into the battery compartment. But it will bug me every time I look at it on the shelf if I don't get this little hatch open. You guys know how it is.

OK... I got the damn screw out. Turns out I was using too small a screwdriver. Deathstalker corrected my idiocy and with the correct tool... the screw just came out with ease.

LESSON LEARNED: always use the correct tool for the job. :D

LESSON LEARNED #2: Always check your batteries immediately. Not to see if they work but to see if you can access the hatch. I always do -- except this one damn time, and now it's been a good 3-4 months so there's no exchanging/replacement at this point.

Last edited:
Hmm, so I have an opportunity to buy this figure online locally. It's on special (usually this retailer is way more expensive than overseas options like PC and SSC), which puts it at the equivalent of an almost respectable 290US including shipping. Considering SSC would almost cost that including shipping, but is waitlisted and has been NZ blacklisted for shipping for months, Popcultcha has now sold out and was more expensive than your typical AoU/Civil War figure, and BBTS is almost that expensive without shipping and is sold out.. I'm really tempted.

I always said Star-Lord and Ant-Man would be two figures I regret not having... I love Paul's smirk and simple poses don't bother me. It's all I do anyway. Paired with Dr Strange they could make a good 'solo movie' pair next to my AoU Avengers.. :yess:

I always said Star-Lord and Ant-Man would be two figures I regret not having... I love Paul's smirk and simple poses don't bother me. It's all I do anyway. Paired with Dr Strange they could make a good 'solo movie' pair next to my AoU Avengers.. :yess:

.. but what if they release yellow jacket? [emoji23]

The retro look, colour, Rudd sculpt, helmet, you won't regret it, it really is an amazing figure! [emoji1303]

Loki will probably be my only ever villain... :banana

(although the Ultron Mark 1 looks really tempting for my AoU line)

Caved in the end.. costing me the equivalent of $288US delivered. Ant-Man, Dr. Strange and Star-Lord (Guardians 2) will be my non AoU Avenger display. As much as anything I like the characters and the actors who play them.

Don't really feel the need to branch out to other Avenger characters like Rhodey and Wilson just yet.. I've finished my 'Avenger' group, so other than one-off characters it will just be adding to my Scarlet Witch and Thor/Loki displays.. Oh, and when MkVI comes next year I think I'll be done with my Iron Man group too..

Guys, do you think that bend arms and legs for a long period of time could possibly damage the figure/material? I've got him in running pose recently and I love it, but I'm also concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally wouldn't, given the suit material as you mentioned. It'd probably leave indelible creases over time.

So I have the oppertunity to buy a loose ant-man bod for cheap! But it seems loose heads are hard to come by. Anyone have a extra or knows where I can get one. Or does anyone have any expierence with the bootleg Paul Rudd sculpt?

Took some photos of this awesome guy today and damn, he's so much fun to photograph! Such a great figure and one of the best head sculpts HT has ever done imo. :love

18556793_10155439500929363_2351014314593854712_o.jpg

18518286_10155439500949363_3929530497045133269_o.jpg

18595278_10155439500999363_5591646303785065315_o.jpg

I could take pics of him all day. :love

I'm still waiting for someone to make a decent young Hank Pym/Michael Douglas sculpt that I can use with this as a flashback figure.

Excellent photos TräshCät! :clap :clap Agreed - he's so awesome looking - one of my most favourite figures and definitely one of Hot Toys best IMHO! :rock

Nothing against the CW one, but I've seen it in person at my local CBS; it's nowhere as stunning as this one is, in my opinion.

Back