1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested to see how they do the led in the helmet. In the pics the helmet faceplate when up doesn't have the lenses in it.

I think it just looks like that's his helmet through the eye-holes. From what I can tell it's actually the reflection of them in whatever lighting they're shooting with bouncing off the lenses.

View attachment 197507

The ant man helmet has more room in it to do that. Tony is pretty snug in his iron man helmets.

You're asking them to not only fit leds in that thin faceplate, but also the necessary hinge so it can flip up with a wire through it.

That is to say, they likely only did it this time due to the spherical shape of the AM helmet allows it.
I don't think the helmet design has to do with anything. I've seen people do it with the 1/6 Iron Man helmets for a very long time. They're more than capable of doing it but it's just a matter of them going above and beyond to include it in the first place. Seeing it on Ant-Man is nice though and hopefully they do it in the future for other figures.

I've seen seen sculpts that has LED light shining down on the sculpt. Hot Toys would have no problem doing any of these if they tried. It just comes to down to them wanting to go through the hassle of integrating it and mass producing it. Which they should have no problem doing if they ever did it.

19722676356_84308c70fa_z.jpg

19126291004_f65b997928_z.jpg

19741623312_7ef90453fd_z.jpg

19753585311_a447a0a22e_z.jpg

If I do get this and I don't go through a local retailer (once exchange rates match and such are done) then I'll likely just wait for a coupon, as it's not like Hot Toys sell out unless there's an EX. Then I can take that $20 into account when doing all the exchange rate math as well! :lol

I'm more than likely going to get this. Always been a fan of Rudd and the suit looks cool. I do sort of wish there was a fully unmasked sculpt, but I'm not sure if he has that look while in costume.

I'm more than likely going to get this. Always been a fan of Rudd and the suit looks cool. I do sort of wish there was a fully unmasked sculpt, but I'm not sure if he has that look while in costume.

There are a few times where he's in the suit without the helmet.

He wears the outfit without the helmet completely but I don't think Hot Toys is going down that route.

Man... It's very expensive at my local dealer: 275 EUR. That's 5 EUR less than a Diecast Iron Man Mk III...

Back