1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great figure MegaP...but it ain't happening without the Pym Particles. :wink1:

View attachment 262581
Afraid to put mine in. Might lose them uploadfromtaptalk1462404817115.jpg

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

It doesn't hinder or ruin the figure but it would just be nice if it worked better. Maybe it's just the batteries. I may try to replace them but definitely not worth going through any hassle with SS.

It was a ***** getting it off the first time. I almost gave up for fear I was going to break something off. It is a bit dim on the face but the sides light up really nice. I didn't try it with the lights off so it may look better.
Just got mine on Tuesday and haven't had much time with it but I am hoping the joints do loosen up a bit. I know the suit is restrictive but some of the articulation points wer really tight.

does the top of the helmet piece clip in? or just sit on top with the magnet...?

It snaps in place, but it's frustrating work getting it to do so. I had a remarkably difficult getting the piece off to insert the batteries, then an even more difficult time putting it back on :p The light is actually bright, but the way it's set up, it just doesn't work quite right. If you hold the faceplate just ahead of the headsculpt the red light shines nice and bright through the lenses, but as soon as you let it drop down to where it's supposed to sit, the light dims so much that for me, the light up feature is entirely useless, especially considering how difficult it is to take the top of the helmet off every time you want to turn the light on and off. And I'm also worried I'm going to accidentally break something pulling the thing off and snapping it back on, I'm sure I'll not be using this feature much at all. Still very happy with the figure though.

Got mine yesterday and I love the figure. Amazing in every way except my light up function sucks. It lights up really bright for a few seconds then it gets more dim. So you can't even tell its lit when the mask is on. Very frustrating.

Reviews have stated that you won't be able to see the light very much through the lenses when looking at the figure straight on. It's more visible when you look at it from the side.

And great pictures by everyone! However, most of their Ant-Mans aren't going to be doing much shrinking if they don't have the Pym Particle placed in the belt. :lol

BBTS down to 1, I didn't think this would be that popular with the CW Ant-Man announced.

Was this figure ever actually "in stock" at Sideshow, or did it go straight from pre-order to wait list?

Well, I wasn't really watching it that closely, but I think it went from "preorder with NRD" to "preorder without NRD" to "waitlist."

Edit: I could be wrong about the second - just guessing based on posts in this thread. Like I said, not watching too closely.

BBTS down to 1, I didn't think this would be that popular with the CW Ant-Man announced.

I'm not surprised. The overwhelming majority seem to prefer the retro Ant-Man suit in lieu of the CW suit if they are going to have just one representation.

Was this figure ever actually "in stock" at Sideshow, or did it go straight from pre-order to wait list?

Nope, it went from PO to waitlist. I saw that they removed the NRD but still had it for PO so I jumped on it and lucked out and got it before it went to waitlist.

No it isn´t there is 7 left.

Must have gotten some cancellations or additional stock. I ordered mine from BBTS earlier this week once SS went to waitlist. Should be here Monday, along with my Spider-Man PF.

:yess:

Not sure if this figure is actually in high demand with little stock left available or not, but for anyone on the fence, I'd snag one from BBTS while you can.

You could always jump on the waitlist too. I'm guessing, and could be wrong, that SSC didn't get all of their stock in and more than likely the waitlists will convert.

Imo I think the majority of us prefer this over the cw suit. It's too flashy for my taste honestly, but I might like it in the movies. The head sculpt is the only thing going for it and I keep most of my heads in the box anyways so I'm happy with this version

Back