1/6 Hot Toys - MMS299 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Legion Drone Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's cheaper cause HT knows the interest is not that great and the prices have gone up like 25% in the last 6 months.
They charge what we pay. It's very simple guys.
I love Hot Toys. Not all of them. No interest in Avengers and Star Wars. So, I'm good :)
These figures are amazing. Not much else to say.

Companies don't have the latitude to just arbitrarily price something lower just because they think it less popular. This is priced based on cost and profit margin, it's a simply formula.

Why's that? :google :monkey3

:lol

You know me! :lol

I'll admit the thinner frame and more robotic design appealed to me. Add the number 3 designation and this could become an actual purchase for me. Somewhat related to this, I also noticed that Hasbro seemed to base the lower torso of their Ultron figures on the Iron Legion drones. Could be to do with early design references being similar to the Iron Legion, though it definitely draws the connection even closer between the two.

Aww ...I wanted a set of 5 that is the whole point of a "LEGION" more than one...we needed stickers...there is no way that HT will make 4 individual ones! The "1" was probably the first pass prototype on the figure before they got some updated movie info...then they updated him to "3"...

I really didn't want to like these. But I do. Dagnabbit

I didn't think much of them in the movie at first but they grew on me after a few watches. I get why they could only make 03, but it limits me to only wanting 1 now. I would have only gotten 2 anyway to flank Ultron MK I

Companies don't have the latitude to just arbitrarily price something lower just because they think it less popular. This is priced based on cost and profit margin, it's a simply formula.

Sorry, but you're totally, totally wrong. I mean, it's one of those rare instances where I can't just say "Well, that's your opinion" because what you've said is just not factually true. Believe me, anyone who has ever worked at a company that made anything would tell you you're wrong. It is not a simple formula. There is the cost of production, cost of labor, overhead, cost of shipping... all that good stuff. But profit margins are adjusted up and down, product to product, line to line, ALL the time. There's the wiggle room. That's where companies have EVERY bit of latitude they want to set prices based on demand and the cost the market will accept a product at.

Back