1/6 Hot Toys - MMS299 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Legion Drone Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but you're totally, totally wrong. I mean, it's one of those rare instances where I can't just say "Well, that's your opinion" because what you've said is just not factually true. Believe me, anyone who has ever worked at a company that made anything would tell you you're wrong. It is not a simple formula. There is the cost of production, cost of labor, overhead, cost of shipping... all that good stuff. But profit margins are adjusted up and down, product to product, line to line, ALL the time. There's the wiggle room. That's where companies have EVERY bit of latitude they want to set prices based on demand and the cost the market will accept a product at.

I will not accept this product at this price.

It should be $149.99 at the very most.

It's a neat little figure, but it's hard to imagine even a big Avenger's fan regretting that they didn't purchase one when they had the chance (especially with limited space, there are so many other figures that could occupy it). These do seem destined for the discount bin and will probably be available for a long time after release, unless HT is wise and makes it a small run.

It's a neat little figure, but it's hard to imagine even a big Avenger's fan regretting that they didn't purchase one when they had the chance (especially with limited space, there are so many other figures that could occupy it). These do seem destined for the discount bin and will probably be available for a long time after release, unless HT is wise and makes it a small run.

I think Hot Toys is probably going to start producing less, so we don't have a repeat like The Crow, Mandrain, Jake Sully, ect.

They probably should have just made this an exclusive, that way the ones who definitely want it would buy straight away. As it stands, I think most people are going to be waiting around for this to be discounted down the line.

You know, there are a lot of figures that are becoming poor sellers these days. It's no surprise with the amount of product HT is making and also the other manufacturers in the market now.

Sometimes collectors are just fickle. The Jake Sully figure is beautiful, but it seems male collectors only wanted Neytiri. Yet didn't HT make the Silk Spectre Watchmen figure, but then it didn't do too well? So female figures are not the biggest sellers, it's no wonder HT tend not to lead with them.
I think the downfall with the Avatar line it took too long to release the figure. More than 2 years after the films release. Probably not a good idea to wait that long on a new film.

I too hope HT still produce some less known figures. The RoboCop Alex Murphy was such a pleasant surprise to me because that really is niche market, yet HT still produced it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They probably should have just made this an exclusive, that way the ones who definitely want it would buy straight away. As it stands, I think most people are going to be waiting around for this to be discounted down the line.

You know, there are a lot of figures that are becoming poor sellers these days. It's no surprise with the amount of product HT is making and also the other manufacturers in the market now.

Sometimes collectors are just fickle. The Jake Sully figure is beautiful, but it seems male collectors only wanted Neytiri. Yet didn't HT make the Silk Spectre Watchmen figure, but then it didn't do too well? So female figures are not the biggest sellers, it's no wonder HT tend not to lead with them.
I think the downfall with the Avatar line it took too long to release the figure. More than 2 years after the films release. Probably not a good idea to wait that long on a new film.

I too hope HT still produce some less known figures. The RoboCop Alex Murphy was such a pleasant surprise to me because that really is niche market, yet HT still produced it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

but hey they are planning to Avatar 2,3 and 4. so HT avatar might have a great come back. :dunno

I think Hot Toys is probably going to start producing less, so we don't have a repeat like The Crow, Mandrain, Jake Sully, ect.
I hope so! They clearly still apear to be overproducing, so it'd be nice to see it more aligned with demand.

Oh I hope not, that means they'll only stick to major characters that they know will sell, I would hate that :gah:
Not necessarily. Maybe they'd do a smaller run but charge a bit more. I'd be OK with that.

IM always sells well in Asia, they like there bots :lecture

yeah they do. and just yesterday, a guy in my PO group just ordered 12pcs of mark 45. said it was on behalf of his cousins and friends.
well thats 1 big happy robot loving family. :rotfl

I'm almost convinced that I need this figure to go with the Ultron MKI figure I have preordered.

And no, Brainy, I don't need help or a push in deciding. :lol :1-1:

I'm almost convinced that I need this figure to go with the Ultron MKI figure I have preordered.

And no, Brainy, I don't need help or a push in deciding. :lol :1-1:

giphy.gif

Back