1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez Ton-Ton surely you must be regretting that sale, or ? Excellent photo.

Thanks, hoody! I regret it occasionally since I have no Leia now, but I have the Hoth version coming soon so I’m excited for that. :yess:

I really only hope to have one version of each character, which is really really difficult with Star Wars since there are so many awesome outfits. I’m making an exception for young old versions for Han and Luke.

I’m still have a spot on a custom dress for the ANH Leia. I may actually follow through with that in case I pick up the ANH version again at some point. I would also then like to try adding the body padding that comes with Jyn Erso to the ANH Leia as I always thought the figure looked a bit too slight compared to Fisher in ANH.

I preordered the knockoff awhile back, then came across a good deal for the original. I plan to customize a different outfit for the knockoff at some point.

Ah gotcha, that makes sense. Congrats on getting the original!

Yeah, Ahab cooked that dress up in his kitchen. Looks sweet, right?

It does! I like the length of it. Does anyone have any tips on futzing the original dress? Would the water treatment technique work? Probably not a good idea with the wire in the hood. TonTon how did you get the hood to sit so perfectly. Mine came out the box a jumbled mess.

I had to really shape it around her hair/buns and added those folds at the bottom to give it a draping shape. I’m sure from the profile it still looked a bit weird since it’s not a true hood (has that hole in the back).

I had to really shape it around her hair/buns and added those folds at the bottom to give it a draping shape. I’m sure from the profile it still looked a bit weird since it’s not a true hood (has that hole in the back).

I also had the same thought how you did that. I tried quickly the other day, but thought I'll try that again another time when I have more time. Certainly not so easy.

I missed out on ANH Leia. Anyone think Hot Toys will rerelease her like they did with Han, Chewie and Ben?

No. They just came out with Hoth Leia and they over produced on their second runs of those three that you enumerated. The next Leia they'd likely release would be the RotJ Endor Leia.

Still in love with her and can take pictures of her face all day. Easily my favorite of the ANH line, despite the terrible clothing.

Instagram_023_HT_SW_Leia_03.jpg

The dress is the only thing that stopped me ordering this. Has anyone managed to make a decent custom dress?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think yunsil is making one, but that has been taking ages. And somewhere back in this thread there was someone who made a dress, with a very good result. Roughly 3 pages i think?

I thought it's real CarrieFisher until I saw neck joint.
BTW, davejones have tailored an amazing dress.

The Yunsil dress is moving forward now, but I'm not sure if it's too late to get in. A few people dropping out though so you may be able to pick up a spot. It's looking really good now.

The Yunsil dress is moving forward now, but I'm not sure if it's too late to get in. A few people dropping out though so you may be able to pick up a spot. It's looking really good now.

No you can still get on the list. I sent my deposit in about a week ago.

Definitely worth checking in the thread if anyone wants to give up there spot. Seemed like a bunch of folks were looking to jump ship for a while (myself included).

Wow - what camera did you use? Great pic.

Thank you! I use a Canon 80D with a 50mm prime lense for all my toyphotography.

Fantastic!:clap

:yess:

I thought it's real CarrieFisher until I saw neck joint.
BTW, davejones have tailored an amazing dress.

Hehe, there was a point where i edited her neckjoint out, but i don't like to edit the figures themselves to much in photoshop :)

Another picture from the same session, less neck joint ;)

Leia.jpg

Back