1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely pics, Indy...such a beautiful figure.

HT_LEIA-014.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks JediBear! And great picture! Agreed as well. Even if the dress isn’t the best, it’s still such a nice figure.

Great photo too RoyVisser! The head sculpt is astounding on this figure. Really helps her stand out for being a simple figure.

New pics I took today:

8f170452746c8e2ffc05b4345fe7ebd6.jpg

I was just trying to get a new pose today with my Leia. I think I might have to steal this one Indy. I noticed the feet/legs are difficult to get in any other position than pretty much straight up and down. Otherwise she is a bit top heavy, and tends to be unstable. Have you found the same ?

Thanks BagginsOfBagEnd! [emoji120]

Hoody, go right ahead! I came up with that one on the spot for the picture lol. Turned out pretty good I thought. And I actually can’t remember posing her with her knees bent. I adjust the width her legs are spread apart, and sometimes go for a little sass. But yeah I can imagine she could be top heavy.

You can still give it a shot, since a dress like this doesn't require major skills to make. It just takes a bit of experimenting and reverse engineering and figuring out in what order to piece everything together, just like if you were building anything else. And the sewing machine I use is this tiny thing with just the most basic functions (I wouldn't have a clue how to use the larger ones out there with 50 different features).

So if you won't make any for us ... could you tell us anything, like what order to piece everything together lol?

I actually got a sewing machine for christmas.

looks like t-shirt cotton would hang the best. I have a roll of it that stretches in one direction. I wonder whether it should stretch horizontally or vertically.

I have an extra limited edition Leia that I might be willing to part with. I haven't really thought about a price yet.

Just got the knock-off head in (from "Fire" - I don't know if they're all from the same source). Not too bad. It got squished width-wise, which hurts it when looking at it side-by-side with the original, but ok on its own (if a little cross-eyed-looking). Profile is good. Paint is slightly darker and basic.

I'm using it for an unhelmeted Boushh, so I'll be taking the buns off and adding hair.

leia-1.jpg

leia-2.jpg

Not bad. Carrie specifically had those fuller cheeks in anh though. How much was it?

That's really not bad if that's you're only option. I got "lucky" in a sense with Leia in that I bought her a few months before Fisher had passed. I think it was $185 shipped from eBay.

edit. The one on the left looks like the knock off, the hair painting gives it away the most.

I'm guessing the left one is the KO as well. It's a good sculpt, but the face looks a bit too slender for Carrie in ANH. Like someone else mentioned, she had fuller cheeks, which the HT sculpt got.

Thanks for the update on the headsculpt.
Looks abit skinnier but not bad overall.

Back