1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

The sculpt has a slightly different facial expression to me. In the actual photo, her head seems to be tilted downward a bit more and she's slightly looking upward with her eyes in order look straight, seemingly causing them to look a bit larger and her eyebrows to raise up a bit.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I still like the bottom sculpt the best. It's weird but I get Ron Perlman from the center sculpt despite the similarities I can find with Harrisons head shot next to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I still like the bottom sculpt the best. It's weird but I get Ron Perlman from the center sculpt despite the similarities I can find with Harrisons head shot next to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

The Hot Toys sculpt is my preferred version too. The real main issue it has is that its too small, especially when you look at it compared to the figures shoulder width. Aside from that I still think it captures Fords likeness better than the other two, albeit that could be due to the superior paint apps it has.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

See to me that looks about as inaccurate as the Han Solo sculpt, based on that photo.

C'mon, man. That is a bit of a hyperbolic statement at best, opinion or not. If you're not happy with that likeness which one's are you happy with?

Last edited:

One thing I really love about this forum is the willingness of each individual to express their personal opinions about these figures. No one's opinion is wrong, they're only disputable against another's opinion; which is the very nature of opinion.

Sent from the Bat Cave

C'mon, man. That is a bit of a hyperbolic statement at best, opinion or not. If you're not happy with that likeness which one's are you happy with?

Well I guess it's meant to be less insulting coming from me because I actually like the Hot Toys Han Solo sculpt a lot hahah. It's not perfect, but some people give it too much grief. The Leia sculpt is pretty good, but I just don't think its that much more accurate than the others.

Well I guess it's meant to be less insulting coming from me because I actually like the Hot Toys Han Solo sculpt a lot hahah. It's not perfect, but some people give it too much grief. The Leia sculpt is pretty good, but I just don't think its that much more accurate than the others.

Alright man, fair enough. It's all opinion - to a point. I think the HT Han sculpt is decent, I'm actually going to have mine repainted to see what can be brought out. But the paint app doesn't do it any favors...in my opinion :wink1:

Leia has generally been praised though, for both the sculpt and the paint - and that seems rare for an HT sculpt (Rey is another and and I think most people liked at least one of the Black Widows). looking at it side-by-side with the real thing is pretty impressive (not because it's my pic) - there are differences for sure, but I've had many comments from people who thought that if not for the wrist joints, it looks like an actual photo of Fisher. That's owed at least as much to the sculpt as it is to the shot.

Taking away the "giveaway" details, I think almost as many people who could tell you who the person on the right is, could tell you who's on the left as well.

IMO!

leia-comp.jpg

In others' defense, I think many have only said it's the best ANH likeness (which I'd agree) HT has done; not the best likeness HT's has done in general. :lol

Now that the faces are so isolated I'm able to easily spot places where the sculpt falls short. This is actually the first time where I'm seeing flaws in what I thought was a much much better likeness.

Now that the faces are so isolated I'm able to easily spot places where the sculpt falls short. This is actually the first time where I'm seeing flaws in what I thought was a much much better likeness.

You've opened Pandora's Box, Comatoast! :lol

l just got this for $193 shipped from Sideshow which is the most I'd pay for this figure. I needed a Leia on my shelf so I'm going to have to live with her frumpy dress.

That's pretty amazing. Looking at it closer, you wish they'd have tilted the HT head down a little more to match the Leia pic more precisely, but it still shows the great work HT did on this one.

Due to the placement of the pupils I couldn't tilt it down anymore or I'd loose her looking at the camera. That said I'm going to experiment with editing the placement of the pupils on the figures in some upcoming shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

l just got this for $193 shipped from Sideshow which is the most I'd pay for this figure. I needed a Leia on my shelf so I'm going to have to live with her frumpy dress.

$150 now for a replacement from Yunsil - a bargain as these things go.

It's always been apparent to me that the likeness was a bit over-idealized and that they've made her face a bit rounder and smoother than it should be. But it still captures her well enough and is such a gorgeous sculpt that I don't think it really matters much.

My Leia finally arrived last night. The dress certainly has issues lol. There's just not enough overall fabric used, it's also about 1cm too short. Anyway I have her up on the shelf with the others and she looks good. Certainly an overpriced figure though - $160 should have been it's RRP. If the dress had been more screen accurate then the $200 price tag would have been worth it.

It is a great sculpt though.

Second in a series. This time featuring P.E.R.S. (Photoshop Eye Relocation System)...

bc70452ae0fea974e6293dcb3134a8da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stunning

Sent from the Bat Cave

Back