1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

$200!?!? Bwaaaahh HahaHHHHhhhhaaaa

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Well it's not like you can nearly buy a Hot Toys Leia figure for that amount.

Oh...:lol

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

This new dress will improve your HT Leia in the same way that Jnix's head improved your Han Solo.

Then I'll give her $50 to keep it. :)

The price is down to $150 with two more interested parties (40)

The price is down to $150 with two more interested parties (40)

January 2017 start date and no proto pics to show what we're even talking about. Hmm... still mulling.

$150 for a new, proper Leia dress is a good number given Yunsil's track record.

But yes, I do agree that a prototype should be shown prior to deposits being required.

You don't like Jnix's head either? You ARE a tough customer.

You don't like Jnix's head either? You ARE a tough customer.

Definitely. And hard. But not for that head.

Anyway, it's a caricature and I'm just not interested in caricature sculpts on my figures. A lot of those around FB lately.

han.gif

Ever the contrarian.

Ever the contrarian.

I've already got the best Solo sculpt that's ever been made in 1/6.

Definitely interested in a new gown for Leia, though I was going to have to commission one myself because most people haven't expressed a concern with the garbage the HT figure comes with.

...most people haven't expressed a concern with the garbage the HT figure comes with.

I have been an ardent "hater" of the Leia dress from the beginning. No amount of futzing for pictures cut off at the knees makes it any better.

We NEED a new dress.

NOPE. Can't let that one go, Pixel, even if it's off-topic for the thread. Charicature?! Listen, I got Inigo's sculpt too and I like it ok (using it for Hoth Han) but it does not hold up to scrutiny. I know you spent a lot of time defending it and I was with you that it was better than the HT, but Jnix is better. Love Inigo and he does great stuff but this was not his best.

hanhanhanhan.jpg

han-comp.jpg

I've already got the best Solo sculpt that's ever been made in 1/6.

Definitely interested in a new gown for Leia, though I was going to have to commission one myself because most people haven't expressed a concern with the garbage the HT figure comes with.

Last edited:

I have been an ardent "hater" of the Leia dress from the beginning. No amount of futzing for pictures cut off at the knees makes it any better.

We NEED a new dress.
But those are the best pictures. :lol

Like whichever sculpt you want, there's no shame in being wrong nor not having an eye for likeness or detail - I don't think the sculpt is a good Ford or movie (live action) Solo but I'm not really interested in breaking it all down for you. Anyway, I know of at least two more people that are going to sculpt Solo and while I have no interest in another sculpt, I can see the commotion already. :rotfl

Like whichever sculpt you want, there's no shame in being wrong nor not having an eye for likeness or detail - I don't think the sculpt is a good Ford or movie (live action) Solo but I'm not really interested in breaking it all down for you. Anyway, I know of at least two more people that are going to sculpt Solo and while I have no interest in another sculpt, I can see the commotion already. :rotfl

There's that condescension we all know and love.

NOPE. Can't let that one go, Pixel, even if it's off-topic for the thread. Charicature?! Listen, I got Inigo's sculpt too and I like it ok (using it for Hoth Han) but it does not hold up to scrutiny. I know you spent a lot of time defending it and I was with you that it was better than the HT, but Jnix is better. Love Inigo and he does great stuff but this was not his best.

View attachment 293690

View attachment 293692

Top right, is Han Solo.

Top left, Indiana Jones (with bushy hair).

I'm going to have to say the one on the right looks more like ANH Solo to me. Pretty much immediate recognition, actually.

Guy on the right looks like Han Solo.

Guy on the left? Never seen him before. Who is he?

Thumbs up to the guy on the right from me too.

I didn't mean to start a "thing". We now resume our regularly scheduled dress-hating...

There's that condescension we all know and love.

There's no condescension there. Peepee is merely saying he feels no shame in being wrong. Or being a fan of Matthew McConaughey.

There's no condescension there. Peepee is merely saying he feels no shame in being wrong. Or being a fan of Matthew McConaughey.

:rotfl

Too funny! But there's also PLENTY of condescension, as is Par for this particular course...always.

Back