1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

spud thats sweet! sometimes new hair changes the sculpt for the worse. this looks great! i love the hasbro gear.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I have a HT Leia for $190 shipped (US) if anyone's interested (still in sealed shipper) on my thread in the Commerce section.

That's really nice spud! Great work!

Jim, weren't you planning to do a Slave Leia custom using the HT head? If so, did you ever post photos?

So great to have Leia and complete the core Star Wars cast. Love these figures!

Awesome Khai!

Where's your Vader though?! :O

So great to have Leia and complete the core Star Wars cast. Love these figures!

That's a cool looking set up. I've always thought it would be cool to display an entire figure line, or most of it, in front of its respective official film poster.

I dont actually have them displayed in front of the posters though. I have them in a big glass cabinet on the other side of the room, but lined up in this manner. Definitely looks nice in front of the posters though!

Anyone else try this pose? I can't get it any closer to the screenshot.
1d3dd1890ab9459456ead155dc0ea7c0.jpg

6a8dbd894cd740bdb61c0d39c92f6c40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a bit hard achieving that exact pose.
I really like this figure, the sculpt is fantastic and the likeness is phenomenal.
The only thing that bothers me is the clothing and the belt.
They should had chose a better fabric that drapes more better(especially the hood) and a longer skirt.
I just waiting for somebody here to do and post a custom outfit with better fabric.
On the belt,the silver parts should had been separate pieces then attached.
Making it all in one piece makes it look like those Hasbro Black series figures than a premium 1/6 scale figure.

I pretty much concur with jrtoyman on his assessment of the figure. Pretty good overall but I do have two issues - -

Tunic/Robe
While the prototype pix made the tunic look as if it was made out of a 2-ply Bounty Paper Towel, at least the length was accurate (just above the toes). The finished product has the tunic only at ankle length and the thread count is too small, making the material see through. And what's with the mini-skirt she's wearing underneath? It's only held together with double-sided tape ... really Hot Toys? At least when Kenner put out the Collector's Series 12-inch scale Leia in 1996, they employed use of a silk-like material and also had her wearing a one-piece body suit underneath.

Hood
The hood on her tunic absoluntely drives me bonkers. I cannot for the life of me pose it in a manner that looks good. Initially, I thought having the tiny wire sewed into the lining of the hood would be a plus but it's turning out to be more of a hinderance. The front/top of the hood "flares out" and looks odd. I purchased two figures - - one to display with the hood up holding the pistol (Tantive IV) and one with the hood down holding the imperial rifle (Death Star Escape). Because of the issue I'm having with the hood, I have to keep the hood down on both.

At a $200+ price point, I don't expect these sort of minor annoyances.

I didn't buy the whole figure from sideshow. I just got parts from TA and ported the boots and head over to a extra black widow body and used sideshow clothing and belt.

Big walking carpet image.jpg

Those would be my only two gripes with the figure also after having it for about a month: The hood and the lower part of the tunic. Although the hood doesn't bother me much because I'm not going to and haven't posed her with it on anyway. However, the lower part of the tunic to me just seems a bit too small, like it doesn't drape enough or it's not flowing enough. She's able to show some leg way too easily in it.

Twins
b3bdeb4535e1230659523004d81f6650.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hood
The hood on her tunic absoluntely drives me bonkers. I cannot for the life of me pose it in a manner that looks good. Initially, I thought having the tiny wire sewed into the lining of the hood would be a plus but it's turning out to be more of a hinderance. The front/top of the hood "flares out" and looks odd. I purchased two figures - - one to display with the hood up holding the pistol (Tantive IV) and one with the hood down holding the imperial rifle (Death Star Escape). Because of the issue I'm having with the hood, I have to keep the hood down on both.

I found you can really mold the front of the hood to the hair on top with decent effect. Not sure what look you're going for exactly but here was the result I got.

IMG_1655.jpg

Last edited:

Agreed. It's definitely do-able. Gorgeous shot there, by the way, TonTon.

Aside from the amazing sculpt this is a weak effort from HT really.

Nice pic TonTon!

Sent from the Bat Cave

Got mine. :D

These are so much better then the little plastic things I had as a kid.

Back