1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Got mine. :D

These are so much better then the little plastic things I had as a kid.

Adorable cat, Fremen. Looks just like mine. Did you steal her? Here she is hanging with and inspecting BB-8.

7825be31a25f51630821496216c72064.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Awesome 1:1 cat figures. I missed out on those.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Brown tabbys are big Star Wars fans.

I want to offer a run of the Tactical screen as seen in A New Hope, that I'm currently designing. They would roughly be in 1:6 scale and would make a great light up display piece for the Hot Toys Leia figure. They will be 11"x11" and the 'tactical image' would occupy roughly the top 8". An educated estimate on pricing is the $130 neighborhood.
Trying to gauge interest- thanks, let me know!
Screen shot 2016-05-28 at 7.42.32 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-31 at 1.04.48 PM.jpg

I want to offer a run of the Tactical screen as seen in A New Hope, that I'm currently designing. They would roughly be in 1:6 scale and would make a great light up display piece for the Hot Toys Leia figure. They will be 11"x11" and the 'tactical image' would occupy roughly the top 8". An educated estimate on pricing is the $130 neighborhood.
View attachment 267828
View attachment 267829

That's really cool! I have interest.

Sent from the Bat Cave

That's really cool! I have interest.

Sent from the Bat Cave

Yeah, if you can match the look of that one (or the ones which are in the Hoth base in ESB, which are a bit smaller and have a higher console) I'd be interested, depending on final pics.

View attachment 267828
View attachment 267829

I am very very interested too!

Art update for the Tactical screen!Screen shot 2016-06-01 at 10.18.35 AM.jpg

Too bad you can't get Leia's dress to hang like it does in that picture.

Someone needs to make a new dress.

Too bad you can't get Leia's dress to hang like it does in that picture.

Someone needs to make a new dress.

Yup. This is a brilliant figure but there's so little to this release that they could have tried harder to make the dress as perfect as the sculpt.

Has anyone tried water treatment on it?

Has anyone tried water treatment on it?

I heard it doesn't do much.

There's just not enough material -- in volume nor in the length nor sleeves -- to make it hang/look like Leia in the film. I though I could buy some extra material to extend the length and hide the connect under the belt -- but truly, an entire new dress needs to be made.

I hope someone tackles it. I think there's a lot of people out there who would spend the money to make her look right.

Sheesh... $200 head sculpt from HT.

I think they would need to sew a lot of those folds into the dress to give it an accurate look (sort of the way they did with Ren's scarf), there's just not even close to enough material for it to look accurate. The top doesn't look too bad, but the bottom is just far too straight/simplistic. I considered picking up a second dress to try and add extra material in the front but I know I'd just screw things up.

Thing is the material is wrong, so a new dress for extra material doesn't really help (except solve the length problem).

I was thinking more for adding in all of those folds, though also getting the length right. The idea was to use the entire dress just for the front. :lol Was kind of a hair-brained plan.

I'm interested in that Tactical Display piece.

Hopefully the price can come down some with a bigger volume of orders.

Back