1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Diorama looks good! Posing needs some work :wink1:

"Strike a pose. There's nothing to it
VOGUE...VOGUE...VOGUE!"

:lol

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

hi there just wanted to show you something I've been working on for these two

Nice setup clparker04.

But with hot toys neutral facial expression. Its kind a hard to pose them in action pose. That's why I keep my display in a museum style pose(I know its boring. I'm 50 and just want to keep it simple).

Again nice work on the backdrop.

Yeah, nice work, TonTon. I've tried a few times and can get the shape right, but it always seems to spring up slightly and "hover" a few mm's above her head, giving that flying nun look.

Nice setup clparker04.

But with hot toys neutral facial expression. Its kind a hard to pose them in action pose. That's why I keep my display in a museum style pose(I know its boring. I'm 50 and just want to keep it simple).

Again nice work on the backdrop.

Yeah, the Han also looks like he's thoroughly bored in action poses. While the likenesses you can debate, the blankness of the expressions is just a given with HT it seems, but I guess it does work for the "Museum pose." The only other option you have is to harshly light them from above, and it does bring out a slightly "determined" expression from the blank faces.

Well the bored expression kind of works for Han I think. Its just on characters like Luke that it seems really wrong.

Well the bored expression kind of works for Han I think. Its just on characters like Luke that it seems really wrong.

I agree. I don't think I'd personally like a smirking sculpt for instance with ANH Han. In ANH, he seemed to be more of a serious smart ass, so to speak, while in ESB and RotJ, seemed to be more of a smart ass with some charm to it. More so in RotJ.

I saw on Facebook that Tony Mei is doing a run of Leah dresses. I'll be interested in seeing how that progresses.

Here's the pic from Facebook:

uNjKouU.jpg

Cool! As much as I don't want to spend another dime on Leia, I think the dress is just so important that the figure suffers on the shelf without replacement.

I love that light-up board ... but I gotta fix the figure first.

I hit Tony up on his cape thread here and asked about it yesterday. He said he's been getting a lot of requests. I can't wait to see him perfect this.

Who is Tony Mei? Is this going to be a major improvement? This figure - basically a head plus a white dress - cost over $200 already so I'm not thrilled about having to replace that white dress unless it's a really noticeable improvement.

Cool! As much as I don't want to spend another dime on Leia, I think the dress is just so important that the figure suffers on the shelf without replacement.

I love that light-up board ... but I gotta fix the figure first.

Couldn't agree more! I'm 100% in if Tony does them.

It currently is irritating the hell out of me every time I look at her - particularly with the dress half way up her legs :slap

Who is Tony Mei? Is this going to be a major improvement? This figure - basically a head plus a white dress - cost over $200 already so I'm not thrilled about having to replace that white dress unless it's a really noticeable improvement.

I bought his Batman 1966 suit and cape upgrade. It was a world of difference. The color and fabric were precise and he always sources his materials not just by looks and weave but by weight which is critical to how they drape.

I imagine Tony's dress for Leia will be perfection.

Im actually considering buying her now that there's a chance that he will be producing a run of these.

I have his 66 suite & cape as well its simply amazing and a major difference in appearance and quality. I also have his 89 Batman cape and dx12 wired cape amazing. I will totally pick up a Leia dress if it comes out great.

Well cool. Look forward to seeing what he comes up with.

Is Tony Meis the same as iforigno? I seem to remember seeing people with Vader capes that forigno made.

Back