1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope HT take a second go at this sometime. Missed out on the first by choice because they headsculpt and likeness is so bad.

Still liking Jnix benluke.jpg

Attachments

• ben.jpg
    ben.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
My Yavin Luke, using a casting I made off the HT sculpt and with the hair piece pushed down further, which seems to improve the look a bit I think. I also took in both the coat and pants to make them less baggy. It's still not HT quality of course, but probably the best I can hope for.

20180206_180846 (650x1000).jpg

20180206_180637 (618x1000).jpg

20180206_192222 (947x1000).jpg

My Yavin Luke, using a casting I made off the HT sculpt and with the hair piece pushed down further, which seems to improve the look a bit I think. I also took in both the coat and pants to make them less baggy. It's still not HT quality of course, but probably the best I can hope for.

that's IT right there! Nice!
And perfect timing, I was planning on altering that jacket too. (well, trying at least)

looks like you took in
1- the sleeves seam under neath (blue lines below) ?
and 2- at the sides (pink line)?

3- maybe shortened the top of the shoulder (green line below) ? how?

anything else? did you mess with the where the sleeves attach? or vertical line up the back?

Attachments

• IMG_1170 front back.jpg
    IMG_1170 front back.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 217
Nah for the jacket all I did was take in the one seam that runs up the arms and down the sides. I also tried to take in the black shirt as well, but it was so old and cheaply made that it ended up tearing a bit, so I wouldn't recommend altering that at all.

I'm also tempted to redo the seam at the bottom of the jacket, since it's wildly uneven as is.

I don't really know what people see with the Luke Jinx head but it sure doesn't look like him. The cheeks are a little blown and the eyes are cartoon looking.

I don't really know what people see with the Luke Jinx head but it sure doesn't look like him. The cheeks are a little blown and the eyes are cartoon looking.

Agreed. Hot Toys version isnt great either, but i need to see Jinx version in hand maybe, because it doesnt seem to photograph that well?

I agree, people are going crazy over his stuff. I just don't see it either.:dunno

That Onesixth custom Smuggler Han head is better than any other third party head I’ve ever seen. I must admit I’ve seen nothing in the Jnix heads that would make me spend money on them and one of the Luke ones I saw looked horrific.

It must genuinely be in the eye of the beholder.

It must genuinely be in the eye of the beholder.

Which is very ironic to me honestly. Because the objective of collecting 1/6th scale figures is about realism. But these
jinx heads just don't cut it. So it destroys the "realism" part and creates a "wannabe" character to what was already a better version.

Back