1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own Jinx sculpt and all I ever see is:

american-werewolf-london.jpg

I've never done sculpting, but wonder why Mark is so hard to capture? :dunno

Haven’t posed him with the training ball in a long time. Nice ones Matrix!

The last three are the same pose, but different backgrounds outdoors for the varied lighting:

ce528b59a42422d8f77d8caa2653fac4.jpg

eff00888f21acce9df1107ba0001a284.jpg

5cdc530b67814027ac94c299d4a90dbe.jpg

5ea90bd8f3501506c93539153870c661.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after TLJ left me loving the character more than ever, I finally decided I just needed to have an ANH Luke dammit, even if this figure has always looked really underwhelming to me in the past. But someone on eBay was offering a custom with the Medicom hair piece, and I thought it might be worth taking a chance on. And while not perfect, for me this hair still works a lot better with the way it flares out and has much more of that 70s look to it.

I then repainted the eyes to remove that perpetually stoned look that's always bugged me, thickened the eyebrows, and heated up and narrowed that wide jaw a bit. Overall I'm pretty happy with it now, although I might also make a new tunic at some point that hangs better and is not so incredibly stiff.

20180127_104734 (435x600).jpg

20180201_193854 (568x1000).jpg

20180201_193846 (603x1000).jpg

20180201_193148 (534x1000).jpg

And here it is with the HT hairpiece I lightened up. It looks good from some angles, but on the figure just looks way too narrow and coneheady for my taste.

lukes2.jpg

Well after TLJ left me loving the character more than ever, I finally decided I just needed to have an ANH Luke dammit, even if this figure has always looked really underwhelming to me in the past. But someone on eBay was offering a custom with the Medicom hair piece, and I thought it might be worth taking a chance on. And while not perfect, for me this hair still works a lot better with the way it flares out and has much more of that 70s look to it.

I then repainted the eyes to removed that perpetually stoned look that's always bugged me, thickened the eyebrows, and heated up and narrowed that wide jaw a bit. Overall I'm pretty happy with it now, although I might also make a new tunic at some point that hangs better and is not so incredibly stiff.

View attachment 391059

View attachment 391057

View attachment 391058

View attachment 391052

And here it is with the HT hairpiece I lightened up. It looks good from some angles, but on the figure just looks way too narrow and coneheady for my taste.

View attachment 391053

Jeez he looks fantastic. Might be one of the best ANH Luke’s I’ve seen. The medicom hair looks feathered and bouncy compared to the HT. And the jawline fix makes a big difference.

Thanks for stepping us through this custom, it’s great work.

I then repainted the eyes to remove that perpetually stoned look that's always bugged me, thickened the eyebrows, and heated up and narrowed that wide jaw a bit. Overall I'm pretty happy with it now, although I might also make a new tunic at some point that hangs better and is not so incredibly stiff.

View attachment 391059

View attachment 391057

View attachment 391058

View attachment 391052

View attachment 391053

Great job, looks awesome

Back