1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it seems sculpted a bit better than the X-Wing Luke hair, even if it's parted much more in the middle than it should be.

Very nice work getting rid of the stoner eyes. I do get an Ezra from Rebels vibe in one of the shots (something about the bridge of the nose and maybe that wider hair part). But overall it really does capture Hamill a bit more than the stock head.

It’s a fun figure to get, really nice when it feels like the company went all out with the accessories.

haha, must admit I had the same thought there.....

Ha yeah I figured that would annoy some, but it was my honest inspiration for getting the figure, so oh well. :)

Very nice work getting rid of the stoner eyes. I do get an Ezra from Rebels vibe in one of the shots (something about the bridge of the nose and maybe that wider hair part). But overall it really does capture Hamill a bit more than the stock head.

It’s a fun figure to get, really nice when it feels like the company went all out with the accessories.

Yeah the nose is definitely a bit too wide up top, and the expression is still way too serious for my taste, but overall I'm pretty happy with the figure and love all the different accessories and display options it has.

Well after TLJ left me loving the character more than ever, I finally decided I just needed to have an ANH Luke dammit, even if this figure has always looked really underwhelming to me in the past. But someone on eBay was offering a custom with the Medicom hair piece, and I thought it might be worth taking a chance on. And while not perfect, for me this hair still works a lot better with the way it flares out and has much more of that 70s look to it.

I then repainted the eyes to remove that perpetually stoned look that's always bugged me, thickened the eyebrows, and heated up and narrowed that wide jaw a bit. Overall I'm pretty happy with it now, although I might also make a new tunic at some point that hangs better and is not so incredibly stiff.

View attachment 391059

View attachment 391057

View attachment 391058

View attachment 391052

And here it is with the HT hairpiece I lightened up. It looks good from some angles, but on the figure just looks way too narrow and coneheady for my taste.

View attachment 391053

That looks really good with the Medi hair...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I hold a 180 degree different opinion on TLJ, lol... that looks great! Your approaching the undeniable likeness of the Proto...and the lighter hair kickers it up another notch!

Didn’t we discuss you quitting your day job and starting up a figure customization and 1/6 scale tailoring business? Let me know when you want to get this going. Well work out a business plan.

Hey, thanks man, really appreciate that! Sorry, I just saw this today for some reason!

Well, Comatoast, the pic you did with the HT Luke holding the Skyhopper is the best I've seen that sculpt look. And, the pic you posted above of the Jnix sculpt is the best I've seen that one look too. Without getting into criticizing either sculpt (both sculptors being talented and having invested time & energy into making their art), I just want to give you props for being phenomenally talented at presenting them the way you have. You're brilliant at it, and it's really cool to see your artwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covered!

1E6F550D-BB81-4337-A757-18AA885CC4F4.jpeg

Taken at the premiere in December - Hamill looks great without the hobo-hermit vibe imposed on him. Ah, the Luke movie that could have been.

25299797_1733970006654593_4199760976203692887_o.jpg

Thanks, guys! And thanks, Qui-Gon, check's in the mail buddy!

That is indeed the DeAgostini model. It's pretty close to the right scale, maybe a JUST a bit too big, but very close.

You still got that pic with the Skyhopper Comatoast ? I missed that one....

Wow, nice! :clap

Holy **** that is cool ! Nice one Comatoast !! Where did you get the Skyhopper ? Or did you photoshop it in ??

I think that's the DeAgostini one.

Never get tired of seeing Comatoast's photos, this one is fantastic! Love it!! :rock

Back