1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures everyone, mine arrives today.

23944611012_27965266cd_h.jpg

I really love this setup, very nice.

Looks like the Hot Toys Vader on the Sideshow base, and I wonder if that's the Hot Toys farmboy lightsaber arm on the Bespin Luke? I also wonder what he is using for lights.

Yes. Yes. And a lot of LEDs, probably a ribbon in front of the figures - look at the number of shadows cast for each figure.

Thanks, guys. Yes, the HT Vader is on the deluxe stand. I have the Deluxe on the HT stand on another shelf with Emperor/Throne, two SS stormies, two HT stormies, Interrogator droid, and mouse droid.

Also, yes, I put the ANH Luke light up arm on the Bespin Luke. Exact same design to the pull out arm.

I'm just using LED light strips for light. I forget the site where I got them. They were really cheap, but have been going strong for several years now. I like them because they have a warm light rather than the cool light that most LED strips cast.
If you copy/paste the image url into another window you'll see a larger resolution of the pic. You can see the ends of the strips. I've got electrical tape along the length of each strip to prevent the setup from being blinding.

I've still got C-3P0 coming, then Leia. All I need after that is for HT to make Jedi Luke and Yoda (my Yoda is just the Jedi Master version as a stand in because I never picked up SS's Dagobah Yoda) then my Star Wars collection will be complete.
... okay, maybe if HT makes a better Emperor I might have to replace the SS, lol.

Last edited:
I've still got C-3P0 coming, then Leia. All I need after that is for HT to make Jedi Luke and Yoda then my Star Wars collection will be complete.

Me too. Can't wait for C-3P0 and Leia and then a Jedi Luke would be the only real hole in what I would consider a pretty "complete" collection of original trilogy figures. The only other thing I want to do is upgrade my Yavin/Ceremonial Luke.

Also, yes, I put the ANH Luke light up arm on the Bespin Luke. Exact same design to the pull out arm.

I just looked at my Bespin Luke and it looks like the arm comes apart below the elbow rather than above like the farmboy version :confused:

Me too. Can't wait for C-3P0 and Leia and then a Jedi Luke would be the only real hole in what I would consider a pretty "complete" collection of original trilogy figures. The only other thing I want to do is upgrade my Yavin/Ceremonial Luke.
Forgot about Tarkin. Gotta have him to complete my Imperial shelf. Don't really need the Emperor's Imperial Royal Guards, but Tarkin is a must should he ever be made.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Ok, got him yesterday and finally have time to mess around with him a bit. Here is a quick cell phone picture...
newluke.jpg
Here is another poor cellphone pic of trying Luke in another pose...

newlukels.jpg

In the end I think I will give the saber arm to Bespin Luke but I wanted to see how farmboy looked with it.

I got my Luke this morning and I love him. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of accessories that came with this figure and I feel so torn trying to decide on what look to go for with him. I also love the wired poncho. You can get some great dynamic looks with it on. Hot Toys continues to blow me away with their Star Wars figures. I'll try and get some photos tomorrow because I'll be out of state tonight.

"Your father wanted you to have this, when you were old enough..."

Luke's Lightsaber.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

Ways of the Force.jpg

Luke just landed and really is an amazing figure set. Tons of accessories to choose a display from. I went with him receiving his father's light-saber.

Edit: I'm thinking of replacing the HT's stands/bases with the SS "sand" type, as seen with R2 above.

Great pictures, FAF!

Looking foward to receiving this figure next month, as well as Bespin Luke that I recently purchased.

Great pictures, FAF!

Looking foward to receiving this figure next month, as well as Bespin Luke that I recently purchased.

I purchased Bespin luke a couple of months ago,i hope you like it.
Definitely worth the extra money i had to pay.

Back