1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there Agro, Sideshow wont send you anything until you've paid for it in full. If you get in touch with their customer support they shouldn't have a problem charging for the the amount you haven't paid yet and then shipping you the figure. However since it still has the figure listed as a "pre-order" on Sideshow they may not be willing to charge your final payments yet on Luke until the figures status is updated to "Now Shipping." So unfortunately if you already have a flex payment plan with them you may have to wait a bit longer. I hope this helps.

Ok. Thank you very much for the info! 😳

Congrats to all!
Mine arrived today in perfect condition. Heres some quick unfutzed pics of the new office lineup.

Im just waiting on Ben Kenobi and Kylo Ren now...
(hopefully sell a kidney to get the Sandie too)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 282
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    728.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 273
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    925.4 KB · Views: 266

Attachments

• IMG_2314.jpg
    IMG_2314.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 249
I'm wondering if switching the HT hat, goggles, poncho and rifle over to SS farm boy would help that figure out. I would really like to display both Lukes.

Got processing notice for next Tuesday. I'm so excited for this figure. All I have of Luke currently after sending my X-Wing figure back is the HT head from this figure. :lol

The hat doesn't fit properly on mine since the head is too big. Anyone else having the same problem?

It is a very tight fit. Took a while to get the crown of the hat right down on mine.

The bigger problem I found then was getting the goggles to stay on. The elastic is so tight that it tends to pull the hat up - like if you put an elastic band round your head and it'll eventually fly off! (Haven't done that in years - in the good old days we had to make our own entertainment!)

Seems like a fluke when you finally get the elastic to stay round the hat and not pull upwards. At one stage I was considering removing the elastic and replacing it with a strip of black cloth so there'd be no tension on the hat.

Is this issue present with either hair piece? Isn't the extra one sized smaller specifically to fit the hat?

Exactly. That's the same problem that I have on mine too :lol

Any fixes? I swear I saw some decent looking Luke with the hat and goggles.

Patience is the only fix, plus a bit of luck..

23786077236_142d98c0e9_o.jpg

The key seems to be to keep the elastic horizontal. Don't pull it down to the brim of the hat. This must create an equal tension because the goggles have been on since the day I got the figure, which was a fortnight ago.

Is this issue present with either hair piece? Isn't the extra one sized smaller specifically to fit the hat?

I can't imagine the hat going on at all with the regular hair.

Cheers man! :duff I can't wait. Your display looks great btw! And I'm happy to see R2 fits on the sand bases. Probably doing those for him and 3PO.

Thanks!

I really like the HT Star Wars bases but they would have been better if they were more specific to the figures, such as the Sandtroopers sandy base.

Great pics FaF and Jay Pezos and skullduggery! :clap

Thanks!! :duff

You're welcome man. :duff

I'm anticipating that I won't be. I PO'd this version of Luke before I got the Bespin version (just purchased that today on eBay), but I got the Bespin version because even though this ANH Luke figure looks really cool, I wasn't satisfied on that being my only representation of Luke. Hopefully, a RotJ Luke is indeed eventually made as well!

When Bespin Luke was initially released, I picked up the battle-damaged version, along with the vane and a stand from a fellow Freak that just wanted the regular version. I only wanted the BD version to display on the vane and it's a fantastic display piece.

Thanks : ) he is an awesome figure and brings me that much closer to a evolution of Luke display he should look cool along with my kit bashed Jedi and SS Hoth LukesView attachment 233369

Great looking Luke collection so far!

Don't you wish the production piece was painted this well...the eyes of my Luke look more like "Walker" eyes compared to these. Don't get me wrong, I love the figure, but it could be better.

CF-012.jpg

Great pics, everyone! :clap

When Bespin Luke was initially released, I picked up the battle-damaged version, along with the vane and a stand from a fellow Freak that just wanted the regular version. I only wanted the BD version to display on the vane and it's a fantastic display piece.

That sounds like a sweet deal that can't get any simpler! Regular Bespin Luke for BD Bespin Luke.

The hands look to be terrible on this figure. Almost like a step back in my opinion. Might be just the pics though....

Ugh, so it's just more bad design work.

It could also be perfect design work.

The hat is a perfect fit for the hat hair. It's so perfect that it just needs work to make it fit. If you get what I mean.

It could have ended up like this...

54c775ac-37e0-42e8-8ede-23c1c0331820.jpg

It's a toss up between accuracy and 'playability'. Like when I read people saying that the HT Sandtrooper was frustrating to assemble. Compared to a modern military figure the Sandtrooper is about as simple as you can get away with.

Started swapping the sculpt around with other figures and tried the dx07 hair with the sculpt on a trooper. It CAN fit but not without damaging the sculpt and/or the hair. There is a bumpout on the hair to fit the DX head that keeps it from setting flush bummer. Could look pretty good if the hair would cooperate.

DX07 hair on farmboy on a short TK.....LoL. :lol

Head with regular ANH hair on TK. Looks great.

SS Xwing Luke with the ANH sculpt. Looks Phenomenal.....

SS Xwing ANH with Helmet

Embarassed to admit that it took me almost 2 min to realize that the batteries were already installed in the light up arm......! And he is a pretty amazing fig in hand. No complaints on the paint, eyes - its all pretty excellent looking

Embarassed to admit that it took me almost 2 min to realize that the batteries were already installed in the light up arm......! And he is a pretty amazing fig in hand. No complaints on the paint, eyes - its all pretty excellent looking
:lol I was looking for the batteries somewhere in the box too not expecting them to be installed. A lot of the new figures they make you install them yourself.

I already have the Stormtrooper Luke head sculpt but I want this version also since he doesn't have that sweaty look and they eyes are at a different angle.

Back