1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

By the way, has anyone ever made a new top for ANH Luke? I moved recently and finally took him out of the box last week and I used to love the figure but now I feel like his top drapes just as well as construction paper.

Yeah that tunic is a pain to futz. I'd love to make a new one at some point, since I've already made a new dress for my Leia. But I just haven't gotten around to looking for the right fabric yet.

Thanks!

By the way, has anyone ever made a new top for ANH Luke? I moved recently and finally took him out of the box last week and I used to love the figure but now I feel like his top drapes just as well as construction paper.

Yeah, I used a modded Hasbro tunic because the HT one is also too short.

JUst set this up, crappy pic but you get the idea. Lights up very bright too.

DSC09662-001.JPG

I bought a couple of extra saber arms for my X-Wing Luke and Bespin. Turned out great. It’s easier on the battle damaged because the cuff is open. I had to cut the string on the cuff on the regular version and use a tiny magnet to keep the cuff together on both the X-Wing and Bespin.
f05474a1467eeec0ecfc0bd07e381e8b.jpg

36a97a4786bfee430c2878c83ff9716e.jpg

0fe69b641bdc1c62694d9f44e5f9e7b1.jpg

The arms are very similar and compatible with most HT bodies.

Great info, thanks!

Thanks!

That's been a big issue with this figure. The fabric is way too stiff and doesn't flow properly. And as mentioned by jedijim, it's too small.

Well I had nothing better to do this weekend, so I took a shot at making a new tunic for my Luke. :D I looked everywhere for the right fabric but ultimately just went with a polyester jersey that is pretty soft and easy to futz. It's a bit lighter in color than the HT one, but after dirtying up the edges a bit with pastel (which isn't showing up well in pics) I'm pretty happy with the look.

Can't decide if the tunic still needs to be shortened a bit more though. The length seems to vary quite a bit in the movie, depending on how much is hanging over the belt, so it's hard to figure out...

20180923_130448 (572x925).jpg

20180923_130427 (535x925).jpg

20180923_131222 (764x925).jpg

20180923_125308 (647x925).jpg

BTW, your Leia dress looks far better than Yunsil's one, at least to my eyes. I wish I'd have your skills.

Well I had nothing better to do this weekend, so I took a shot at making a new tunic for my Luke. :D I looked everywhere for the right fabric but ultimately just went with a polyester jersey that is pretty soft and easy to futz. It's a bit lighter in color than the HT one, but after dirtying up the edges a bit with pastel (which isn't showing up well in pics) I'm pretty happy with the look.

Can't decide if the tunic still needs to be shortened a bit more though. The length seems to vary quite a bit in the movie, depending on how much is hanging over the belt, so it's hard to figure out...

View attachment 427720

View attachment 427719

View attachment 427721

View attachment 427722

Very cool.

Hello fellow collectors!

Anyone have a tip on combating creases on the tunic?? He's been posed with one of the arms bent for a long time, which sadly resultet in annoing creases. Might it be a time for some ironing?

I'd suggest a bit of the ole' "water treatment": soak the tunic in water, put it on the figure and let it air dry as it drapes naturally on the figure.
That usually works best for a natural look, and since the tunic doesn't have any dyes in it, there should be no problem with staining.

View attachment 427720

View attachment 427719

View attachment 427721

View attachment 427722

That looks great, Dave! Always a pleasure seeing your customs and repaints. Love your work. :)

Gorgeous piece. Looking forward to all the great diorama pics Freaks will share in the future :clap

I made a few mods to this guy...i brightened up the whites of his eyes which i think helps to bring out more Hamill...i also repainted the hair as i was never happy with the metallic copper color of the original...and i repainted the boots as well..

And i finally gave the pants a "tea bath" to darken them up...

DSC_0585.JPGDSC_0562.JPG
DSC_0965.JPGDSC_0973.JPG

Back