1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this pose on the stand.

Thank you, sir (or madam, but probably sir)! I searched for a 1:6 "floor chair" like the one in the garage, but no dice. Def need to get me a 3D printer, but I fear the rest of my waking life would suffer.

Luke with T-16-small.jpg

I keep looking at the lightsaber that came with my Sideshow Hoth Luke and wondering if it could be removed somehow and placed on the light up hilt that came with Farmboy. Clearly I'm going to keep wondering about this until I break it.

I keep looking at the lightsaber that came with my Sideshow Hoth Luke and wondering if it could be removed somehow and placed on the light up hilt that came with Farmboy. Clearly I'm going to keep wondering about this until I break it.

What are you trying to achieve exactly? It's the same hilt design. Or did you want the LED shining through the sparkly saber? If that's the case I remember that one seeming a bit too dense.

What are you trying to achieve exactly? It's the same hilt design. Or did you want the LED shining through the sparkly saber? If that's the case I remember that one seeming a bit too dense.

The LED shining through the sparkly saber! I always like little twists to stock figures.

Yeah, I wonder how that would work. The ones that come with the LEDs seem so translucent that I just imagine not much light would make it through the Hoth one ultimately. You could shine the light into the tip as a kind of test. I think I ended up selling that one off. Wish I had more space I ended up having to put the Hoth display away for a while, would love to get them all back out.

Yeah, I wonder how that would work. The ones that come with the LEDs seem so translucent that I just imagine not much light would make it through the Hoth one ultimately. You could shine the light into the tip as a kind of test. I think I ended up selling that one off. Wish I had more space I ended up having to put the Hoth display away for a while, would love to get them all back out.

Nothing's cooler than Hoth (ho, ho).

Got mine yesterday.

Sculpt: It's like a lot of "off" HT sculpts. You immediately see it doesn't look like Hamill but after moving it to and fro in your hand you think you get a glimpse of the intended likeness and in a whiff it's gone. But I can' bring myself to hate it. If nothing else it's a well done life-like human portrait.

Outfit: It does the job. I don't hate the shirt as I was worried I would. I think after hearing negative comments about it I had an image in my head of how bad it was going to be and it didn't reach the benchmark. I think a better material could have been used but it's ok by me I guess, same goes for the pants. Sorry to beat a dead horse but it's known how I feel about the sculpted leg wraps. I think it's lazy and unwarranted for a company and product of this standard. Those will be replaced by me in the future. The boots are nicely sculpted and weathered. Initially I had misgivings about he poncho. I usually do not care for wired products, but in this case I don't mind. Although I am curious to see what this thing would look like de-wired. Maybe I'll pick an extra up if I can find it cheap. I dig the WWII German goggles, but I am on the verge of calling the floppy hat garbage. It's ill fitting and doesn't stay on his head very well, and by time you get it jammed on it may slide off for putting the goggles over them. And since the hat too small the brim is taught and doesn't resemble the floppy look it needs. The belt itself is nice, but again we have molded items where I think they could have done better. The Bespin Luke belt was awesome with no molded pouches. Anyway, the pouches are nicely sculpted and painted at least.

Accessories: The training helmet, lightsaber hilt and droid caller all look great to me. The binoculars look a little cheap but I'm not sweating over it, I guess. The super long rifle is cheap looking, no doubt there. The light up saber is very cool. This is the first light saber I've owned one and I really dig it. I doubt I will be using it a lot because of battery usage. I know HT batteries are cheap and I usually take them out, but are there other better quality batteries I could use to replace these?

I have the regular so I don't have the the stormtrooper belt. :( If I must be honest, I was hanging out with Sam Adams the night I ordered and didn't notice that it wasn't the Exclusive. I don't think I want to send it back and jump on the waitlist and all that. I do wish I had that Stormie belt with hook though.

Issues: The regular hair piece didn't come with a magnet. [emoji38] And one of the pegs(?) on the detachable arm is broken off. I had this same problem with my BD Terminator( my fault that time), and like with Luke, the arm still attaches. I will be contacting Sideshow regardless.

Some pics.

Last edited:
So is it confirmed there will be a RoTJ Luke in the black outfit? I think I will jump then and finally get a Vader at that point too for a nice showdown.

Back