1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi again. My first Skywalker "photoshoot" :wave

I love this figure.

View attachment 239081

Wow! Nice work with the Poncho! I hadn't thought of even using that accessory for display -- I may have to reconsider : )

– Splinter

Thanks! :wink1:

Sincerely, my wife is jealous. I can't take my eyes off him. :rotfl

I think it's very close to Hamill likeness in this picture, isn`t it?

As always: sorry if my english is bad.

luke_posando.jpg

Your english, posing and photography are all excellent. Yes, it does look like Mark in that picture, well done.

Thanks! :wink1:

Sincerely, my wife is jealous. I can't take my eyes off him. :rotfl

I think it's very close to Hamill likeness in this picture, isn`t it?

As always: sorry if my english is bad.

View attachment 239740

Agreed. It's truly amazing how these wonderful pieces of plastic come to life with just the right pose and proper lighting. Nice job.

No problem understanding your English : )

– Splinter

I have this coming on monday....I can't wait! - I have the luke Stormtrooper too, and I'm going to turn that into a standard TK, but I want to use the Headsculpt from that with the sideshow ceremony outfit, but I have no idea which type of body to buy.... can anyone tell me what to search for?....

Most of you guys said the grappling hook doesn't work, right? Mine totally does! Just opened Luke and tried it out. The little wheel loosens and reels it in perfectly. I did buy it used so maybe the seller switched it with one from the stormtrooper version? Weird.

Most of you guys said the grappling hook doesn't work, right? Mine totally does! Just opened Luke and tried it out. The little wheel loosens and reels it in perfectly. I did buy it used so maybe the seller switched it with one from the stormtrooper version? Weird.

You got lucky. Didn't your figure include the extra instruction page that specifically says "don't use - no workie"?

Got my Luke today - what a fantastic figure! All the accessories are wonderful, although I did have to give up on trying to make the poncho look decent. Posed him with the hat, goggles, and rifle. He really stands out next to Vader, Chewie, and Han. Plus the sculpt looks miles better in person :clap

Got my Luke today - what a fantastic figure! All the accessories are wonderful, although I did have to give up on trying to make the poncho look decent. Posed him with the hat, goggles, and rifle. He really stands out next to Vader, Chewie, and Han. Plus the sculpt looks miles better in person :clap

That is SO true! I can't explain it, but I've only seen a handful of shots that come close. Not sure this qualifies, but here's a quick compare:

76dimage.jpg

That is SO true! I can't explain it, but I've only seen a handful of shots that come close. Not sure this qualifies, but here's a quick compare:

76dimage.jpg

No, that's a great example! I think that, a lot like the HT Han, he photographs better at different angles. But seeing the sculpt in person? It's clearly Mark Hamill, and a damn good one at that.

the jawline throws it off. we discussed this a few pages back, as it's a sacrifice for the possibility of the head, and no neck seam. hamill's neck and jaw weren't chiseled, so this "hurts" the fig a bit... but not much. I love it!!

For 1/6 scale, that's pretty accurate. I imagine that likenesses generally are difficult to get down to a tee at 1/6 scale.

Back