1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS292 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Mark 1 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it odd to anyone else that the internal mechanics of the arms and legs differ from left to right?

Surely these would be symmetrical on a humanoid robot for control and balance...particularly the legs.

Is it odd to anyone else that the internal mechanics of the arms and legs differ from left to right?

Surely these would be symmetrical on a humanoid robot for control and balance...particularly the legs.

If it where designed to be assembled into that robot, probably. But that's not the case here. He used old damaged parts from multiple drones/robots that where in the lab. So the left arm may be from one drone and the right from an entirely different version. And if parts where damaged or missing he improvised. It's essentially a take on Frankenstein. Where stark is the creator and ultron the monster. So if you imagine Frankenstein being built with one arm from one man and the other from another, while having muscle groups spliced in from a third person to overcome the damage...that's what they where going with for ultron mk1.

That same asthetic is repeated with the sentry,(remember that those where struckers designs modded by ultron) where the body is asymmetric. But when he creates is own body, with his own parts (ultron prime) it's completly symmetrical and fluid..

Anyway..the design was intential and used as part of the story telling.

Wish they would show off the articulation. Want to pose him similar to this:

pW9qGnI.jpg

could be they had not gotten to the full production version yet and the prototpe didn't have articulation or much of it.

The only thing that I find odd is we still can't get to see as much as a bent elbow! I find the lack of articulation in the con displays disturbing!

Pictures of this thing never look 1/6 to me. The detailing is not as refined as on other like figures. Hoping this is the same rough proto they've been totting around for over a year and the production version comes out better.

And yes, that hunch and pigeon-toed pose is crucial to his whole "crooked, fiendish" persona in this guise.

Honestly, I don't have a lot of faith that this fig will be able to achieve that pose as perfectly as that pic or exactly how he appeared on screen. 30 points of articulation is pretty standard for the usual HT fig, things like the Mark 43 are listed at 36, and this is listed at 25. So we know it won't be a total statue, but unless those pistons in the midsection are going to function, I'm not counting on any ab crunch. It may be a stiff midsection a la MK III DC

What is that pic from anyway? It's from HT's Twitter?

It's made by another company. It's not hot toys(just a shared picture)

Yeah, I love the puppet on strings look. I'll have to wait for people to get this in hand before deciding. If it can't achieve that pose, not much point in getting it.

It looks really great so far but thinking about it, I actually agree. Does BBTS raise their prices on HT figures upon release? I have this guy on PO, but I'm considering waiting it out to see if it can actually achieve a decent pose because while it really looks nice, I don't think I'd be able to appreciate it as much if it can't even be posed that much, especially since a huge part of its appeal for me was how it looked like a wobbly puppet come to life.

It looks really great so far but thinking about it, I actually agree. Does BBTS raise their prices on HT figures upon release? I have this guy on PO, but I'm considering waiting it out to see if it can actually achieve a decent pose because while it really looks nice, I don't think I'd be able to appreciate it as much if it can't even be posed that much, especially since a huge part of its appeal for me was how it looked like a wobbly puppet come to life.

If it sells well they do. Star lord and cap both got prices raised after the figure came out. Those are just the first two that pop into my head. But they are not alone.

If it sells well they do. Star lord and cap both got prices raised after the figure came out. Those are just the first two that pop into my head. But they are not alone.

Well if nothing else, I can just keep it or sell it anyway so no harm done keeping the PO for now.

Honestly, I don't have a lot of faith that this fig will be able to achieve that pose as perfectly as that pic or exactly how he appeared on screen. 30 points of articulation is pretty standard for the usual HT fig, things like the Mark 43 are listed at 36, and this is listed at 25. So we know it won't be a total statue, but unless those pistons in the midsection are going to function, I'm not counting on any ab crunch. It may be a stiff midsection a la MK III DC

What is that pic from anyway? It's from HT's Twitter?

Might have to mod this in order to recreate certain poses from the movie.

BBTS also has a habit of raising prices on figures that are in high demand and close to selling out.

BBTS also seems to lower the prices a lot on the figures that they're trying to get rid of. so.. supply and demand at work.

i usually preorder with them when they first go up.. i wouldn't want to chance it being one of the figures that doesn't sell well and they reduce.

This figure just looks amazing to me. I'm guessing the articulation may not be the greatest but it has such a great look to it. I'm selective with the Marvel items I get because there's so much out and I already collect Star Wars which is a big line but I may have to order this.

Who knows, this could be a sleeper fig but I don't think it'll have the popularity of main characters like Cap or Star Lord. If anything I'd imaging Prime would be the one to fetch inflated prices on BBTS, but it's hard to tell sometimes. Who would've thought that Han & Chewie (especially after all the flak they got) or Stormtroopers would go for what they currently are on the secondary market.

I'm drawing a blank too but BBTS definitely pays attention to current market values. Those aren't the only two pieces they've marked up on sold out releases that were getting scarce

Might have to mod this in order to recreate certain poses from the movie.

I'm all for certain mods and upgrading, but in this particular case it looks like it would be a lot of work (and above me skill level). I'm hoping that all 25 points of that articulation is where it counts :lol

Yea, it's odd that we've only been shown extremely stiff upright poses, but I'm sure we'll be able to squeeze some decent poses out of this. How deep or extreme we'll be able to pose him, I don't know, but it'll surely be more than the flat as board stance we keep seeing. My money is still against it being able to achieve a really mangled and hunched position, but I'm hoping I lose that bet.

I'm all for certain mods and upgrading, but in this particular case it looks like it would be a lot of work (and above me skill level). I'm hoping that all 25 points of that articulation is where it counts :lol

Yea, it's odd that we've only been shown extremely stiff upright poses, but I'm sure we'll be able to squeeze some decent poses out of this. How deep or extreme we'll be able to pose him, I don't know, but it'll surely be more than the flat as board stance we keep seeing. My money is still against it being able to achieve a really mangled and hunched position, but I'm hoping I lose that bet.

It's definitely above my skill level. :lol

There just seem to be so many exposed wires and tiny pistons that any decent amount of force could ruin the figure. I can't wait to see the instruction manual that comes with this baby.

This figure just looks amazing to me. I'm guessing the articulation may not be the greatest but it has such a great look to it. I'm selective with the Marvel items I get because there's so much out and I already collect Star Wars which is a big line but I may have to order this.

I recently cancelled a lot of stuff but just couldn't cancel this, it's just too awesome :) and unique as you say :hi5:

BBTS goes into scalping mode once Sideshow sells out.

Back