1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of the movie, did Rhodey ever say "welcome to the dance floor, boys" in it? I have this memory - a possibly incorrect one - of that being a quote from a trailer or from someone in here.

As an aside, I've only seen AoU once and I feel like I missed half the movie. I need to see it again (and again!).

reuters' picture of the new WM is awesome and I can't wait to see it in-hand.

Also since we're asking about the movie, one thing I was wondering about, and maybe I missed an explanation or something, but why couldn't War Machine help out for the whole Age of Ultron movie? He was with the team when Ultron first appeared/attacked and he was there right after when they were all questioning Tony. We can assume he had his suit there since it was Stark Tower and he was using his gauntlet to help Tony try to lift Thor's hammer. Did they just tell him, "Ok Rhodes, sit this one out because you're not an official Avenger yet" or did they give him something to do and I just missed it? Maybe it gets explained in a tie-in comic or something.

What if I told you guys that I've been reporting him since day 1 [emoji38] not picking on him or anything, it's just I feel he is purposely causing angst for the members here, myself included.

I haven't been in the coupons thread in a while, I'll check after this but it's CatWoman'sPenPal. Irritating guy, comes off worst than Boba Dept and Motumex (no offense to both of you, it's just the reputation you guys have on the forums, personally i think you guys are insightful [emoji38])

Whoops, thought it was WhoaItsJBot [emoji38] :slap
Wait, what did I do?

Nice pic! Any other thoughts on this figure?

Is there any improvements on this one over the IM3 version?

That's what I want to know, I keep thinking it's the same thing, besides the star from the repulsor chest.

Did not really have the time to mess around with him, but everything else seems quite similar from the outside.

A quick pic of a side by side comparison but not the best one though.

2565A007-4F40-4A19-98B8-DBED45B86579.jpg

Speaking of the movie, did Rhodey ever say "welcome to the dance floor, boys" in it? I have this memory - a possibly incorrect one - of that being a quote from a trailer or from someone in here.

That line was in the trailer but not in the movie.

Also since we're asking about the movie, one thing I was wondering about, and maybe I missed an explanation or something, but why couldn't War Machine help out for the whole Age of Ultron movie? He was with the team when Ultron first appeared/attacked and he was there right after when they were all questioning Tony. We can assume he had his suit there since it was Stark Tower and he was using his gauntlet to help Tony try to lift Thor's hammer. Did they just tell him, "Ok Rhodes, sit this one out because you're not an official Avenger yet" or did they give him something to do and I just missed it? Maybe it gets explained in a tie-in comic or something.

Not that Marvel does a great job explaining why certain characters are missing in key scenes or films, but Hill did say that Ultron drones were carrying out missions (which included taking out Strucker) just prior to the Avengers deploying to find Klaue. We can presume that Rhodes could've been following a different Ultron trail under US military command while the Avengers were out and about.

Did not really have the time to mess around with him, but everything else seems quite similar from the outside.

Great comparison pic :clap Yhe AOU one looks much better imo
Broke down and pre-ordered. My girlfriend is gonna kill me :lol
Just tell her its for her :lol
Yet another thing cut. :thud: Is the Extended version out yet :impatient:

Really digging the AoU version over the IM3, but the markup is just hard to justify when I'm really waiting to see the Mk45. What do you guys think about the chances of a War Machine getting an overhaul into Mk3 for Civil War? Part of me hopes that they keep the Mk2 and a subsequent release presents a more affordable option of that darker paint scheme.

Thanks. I quite like the new one. The base sticks out to me as particularly nice. Very classy and modern-looking - a good fit for WM.

OK; thanks. At least I know I'm not going crazy (well, maybe a little...).

I'm considering ordering this after I get Cap. I just can't decide if I should get this or hope his armor in Civil War is more heavily armed like the WM Mk 1.

I think I actually prefer the deeper contrast of the IM3 version - but that red reactor puts me right off.
My AOU version has apparently been loaded onto the delivery truck. I'm guessing that means no custom charges for me - hurrah!

Just saw AOU and woah now I want this WM even though I already own the IM3 one. I doubt he will get a repump on Civil war as the current suit seems to be the version that will appear in that movie. He might get a MKIII for the next Avengers movie as maybe substantial damage will occur by the end of Civil War, which could actually bring us the possibility of a Battle Damaged WM for Civil War.. lol.

Back