1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, there are too many figures I want this year. Cap, War Machine, AC Batman, Vision, Thanos, and Ultron Mark 1. At least with those last 3 there's the chance they'll get pushed to Q1 2016... A little breathing room.

11031046_470948733082844_7499715942963031520_n.jpg

Awesome Pic!! The Avengers WM actually looks like he's made of metal.

Awesome Pic!! The Avengers WM actually looks like he's made of metal.

Wow! Your War Machine collection looks great! Congrats!

Glad you guys enjoy the pics! To clarify this wasn't my display I'm just passing them along, I found it really late last night and threw it up before I crashed haha.

Picked up War Machine from the Post Office yesterday and hurrah no customs to pay! Still the most expensive Hot Toy I've bought though...

Didn't have time to create an infinity backdrop or a proper lighting setup, but you get the gist :)

Interesting is Iron patriot with Cap's shield better than Cap with a shield? I mean in terms of ability and effectiveness. That's better right?

So this WM wound up having the inaccurate labeling of ED and the IM3 WM has the AoU accurate FF markings.

What do those markings stand for?

They are Tail codes which designate the base out of which the aircraft operates.

ED = Edwards Air Force Base (Test and Evaluation Sqdn)
FF = Langley AFB or Seymour Johnson AFB. Probably Langley, both seem to be current. (Fighter Squadron)

They are Tail codes which designate the base out of which the aircraft operates.

ED = Edwards Air Force Base (Test and Evaluation Sqdn)
FF = Langley AFB or Seymour Johnson AFB. Probably Langley, both seem to be current. (Fighter Squadron)
Thanks!

So this WM wound up having the inaccurate labeling of ED and the IM3 WM has the AoU accurate FF markings.
Apparently the ED markings are accurate to the fight scene earlier in the movie, and FF is accurate to the final scene with the New Avengers.

The AoU figure has inaccurate Air Force markings on its right arm and hip flaps, the IM3 version has red accents around the eyes and arc reactor. Neither is 100% screen accurate.

Back