1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You take great photos Yoshi. Well done

Thanks! =]

image.jpg

Yep they really have dropped in price. I paid $165 + shipping + paypal fee for a brand new sealed war machine mark 2 age of ultron last month.

I was going to try to get a Wm mark 1 to go with my whiplash mark 2 but at that price I could not pass on the mark 2 aou.

How is the paint on this version versus the Mark II version from Iron Man 3? My IM3 War Machine has had bits of paint rub off on occasion - I don't think they sealed the paint as well as some of the other die cast armors.

The Mark II War Machine was my very first Hot Toys figure.

How is the paint on this version versus the Mark II version from Iron Man 3? My IM3 War Machine has had bits of paint rub off on occasion - I don't think they sealed the paint as well as some of the other die cast armors.

The Mark II War Machine was my very first Hot Toys figure.

It was my first too! I have very slight paint rub where the shoulder contacted the chest.

I have a chance to pick this, Hot Rod or Iron Patriot, which one should I get?

Depends on what you have now.

That's such a tough choice.. But hot rod is definitely one of my favorites.. But patriot stands out with its color scheme.. And war machine looks incredible when displayed with the 45.. They both have incredible looking wear and tear.

I have a chance to pick this, Hot Rod or Iron Patriot, which one should I get?

I have the Mk2 and it is a beautiful piece. Hot Rod is too obscure for my taste, and personally I am not a fan of Iron Patriot. I see the WM MK2 as the base model which best represents the three (IMO). Stark made himself a version in Hot Rod, and the WM Mk2 was briefly painted in Red white it blue, but under it all it's still War Machine.

Thanks guys, I just started collecting this year so I only have Centurion, Mark 3 Stealth and Shotgun Iron Mans at the moment. But it looks like the consensus is War Machine II, which conveniently is the cheapest of all! Followed by Iron Patriot and Hot Rod.

Hot Rod is cool but it doesn't have the gun

Depends on what you have now.

That's such a tough choice.. But hot rod is definitely one of my favorites.. But patriot stands out with its color scheme.. And war machine looks incredible when displayed with the 45.. They both have incredible looking wear and tear.

I have the Mk2 and it is a beautiful piece. Hot Rod is too obscure for my taste, and personally I am not a fan of Iron Patriot. I see the WM MK2 as the base model which best represents the three (IMO). Stark made himself a version in Hot Rod, and the WM Mk2 was briefly painted in Red white it blue, but under it all it's still War Machine.

Or I could buy all 3 and line them up, that'll be so cool!

Thanks guys, I just started collecting this year so I only have Centurion, Mark 3 Stealth and Shotgun Iron Mans at the moment.

I have Centurion, and the regular Die Cast MkIII Iron Man as my only two Iron Mans (with the Diecast VI on pre-order). I can tell you that War Machine Mk2 looks great with Silver Centurion.

Or I could buy all 3 and line them up, that'll be so cool!

You sure could, people have done it. It all depends on what you like and want and how you prioritize based on your budget. As for me, I try to avoid getting multiples of characters where the most significant difference is only in the paint app. There are too many other figures I want for me to afford that. But I have enjoyed seeing other people collect differently than I would. I love the pics from those who have every variation on a particular armor or character.

Back