1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some comparison pics that are floating around make the colors look close and some completely different. I like the blue undertone that is showing up in some people's pics and I'm hoping that's they way it appears in hand

Some comparison pics that are floating around make the colors look close and some completely different. I like the blue undertone that is showing up in some people's pics and I'm hoping that's they way it appears in hand

Same here, I love the gunmetal dark blue in some of the pictures i've seen... It's figures like this one that appear different colors in different pictures that are the best to see in hand because there's a color dimension that most cameras just can't pick up... Even mark 43's colors are much deeper in hand than appear in any pictures.

Here is a shot of mark 2 with the mark 1 War Machine
83b938aaf0f20f2aa8dc9e7776876d24.jpg

Sent using Friday
Jarvis was busy...

Finally received my MKII tonight. The darker colors and BD look great! I am very happy i added this to my out of control IM collection. Only problem is my Rhodes has a somewhat limp gun, it will not stay up in the firing position (I know, i know it's a common problem :lol). Might have to call sideshow on that. My IP, Hot Rod (added a gun) and IM3 WM guns work fine.

I got an email saying Sideshow have him in their warehouse. Won't be long now :yess:

When I went home for lunch I opened this guy up for inspection. Nice figure, but I was already struggling to think of a good way to pose him. Lack of weapons makes it difficult.

Received him today. Great figure overall. Not as heavy as the diecast MK 42 and Iron Patriot. I guess they are using more plastic and less diecast. I picked both this and the Iron Patriot up to compare overall weight and this definitely feels lighter.

Hmm well it seems my War machine has a defect on the Rhodey headsculpt. A scratch/mark on the sliver along the jaw line.

20150603_235049_zpsyl2ylzrp.jpg

Might be worth checking yours over guys just incase. Seems mine might be just one that missed QC. Sideshow were good enough to send me out a replacement, just have to destroy this one once I receive it..... not sure if I can bring myself to do it lol

Rhodey SMASH!

Little paint rub there.

Are you displaying Ultron with this and the 43?

Yeah I plan to eventually, not had much time with him yet only a quick chance to check all the lights and make sure there are no QC issues. Work's got me pretty busy at the moment so hope to have a play around at the weekend :D

Yeah I plan to eventually, not had much time with him yet only a quick chance to check all the lights and make sure there are no QC issues. Work's got me pretty busy at the moment so hope to have a play around at the weekend :D

:hi5: Great pics looking forward to more.

So my biggest issue is he didn't get the typical die cast stand. A plastic stand and crotch cradle doesn't work at all, figure feels just as sturdy standing on his own as he does with the stand. Hope he doesn't tumble.

Got this yesterday ANC just got yo unleash him. AWESOME. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because I have IP already but this paint up is incredible. Not a big fan of the regular stand at this increased price and since it's a movie promo EX of sorts. I'm not a stand guy anyway, and this is plenty sturdy to hold poses on it's own, but an environment base should have been included.

Aside from this new great paint up, all else is what we're use to. Same great WM MK II design, same great Rhodey sculpt

Same here, I love the gunmetal dark blue in some of the pictures i've seen... It's figures like this one that appear different colors in different pictures that are the best to see in hand because there's a color dimension that most cameras just can't pick up... Even mark 43's colors are much deeper in hand than appear in any pictures.

I'd say El-Vi-Riachi's pics are a really good representation of how this looks in hand :yess:

Received him today. Great figure overall. Not as heavy as the diecast MK 42 and Iron Patriot. I guess they are using more plastic and less diecast. I picked both this and the Iron Patriot up to compare overall weight and this definitely feels lighter.

I noticed this right away without even comparing, but you confirmed that I'm not just buggin' out. Right out of the box he was very noticeably lighter. I see the good and bad in this because while I sort of feel gyped, not being a stand guy I sometimes worry about how heavy these DC pieces are.

So my biggest issue is he didn't get the typical die cast stand. A plastic stand and crotch cradle doesn't work at all, figure feels just as sturdy standing on his own as he does with the stand. Hope he doesn't tumble.

Thats the most disappointing thing about this figure yep! but at least its an AOU stand, which looks great imo, just doesnt function well for DC :lol

I wish I knew how long this is gonna be around... I won't be ready to order until August. Gotta pay off the armory and Cap first. How long was the last SSC exclusive in stock?

Back