1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about the arm. I am thinking about picking it up but i just don't know what i would do with it. It would be almost impossible to pose Hulk with the arm without it looking weird and HB stiading with the arm looks odd also. Kind of reminds me of the Fiddler or SouthPaw IM suits.

Cool scene in the film but hard to make look cool on the shelf

I guess i have a couple years to decide.

7991AAFA-CDAF-4575-ACC9-A61C6D11910B.jpeg

Not sure about the arm. I am thinking about picking it up but i just don't know what i would do with it. It would be almost impossible to pose Hulk with the arm without it looking weird and HB stiading with the arm looks odd also. Kind of reminds me of the Fiddler or SouthPaw IM suits.

Cool scene in the film but hard to make look cool on the shelf

I guess i have a couple years to decide.

Yeah the movie scene would be hard to recreate without a fair bit of space and posing and even then probably won’t look great. But there are some cool options you could do like having the cuff forearm over a jabbing hulk while both are standing. Think that’s what I’ll do with mine.

Think about it like this: every time Hot Toys makes an IronMan figure, either plastic or die cast what are they going to do with molds? Just make 1? That would be a waste of money. So they do remakes in funky colors, call it limited or special and resell them again and again. I missed out on the first hulkbuster but has a feeling that another was coming. What are they gonna do with all of this special pieces they made, thrown them away? Figures like Cap, Thor can be one and done because it’s more or less a standard body with special clothing, but Ironman will be made again and again because they have to do something with all of those specialty made pieces.

Was it ever generally agreed that Hot Toys made Hulk too big? And if that is the case how did they scale the Hulkbuster - to the inaccurate larger Hulk or to the size Hulk should have been?

I believe as long as the release isn't imminent you can ask them to spread out the flex payments further than the options it gives you when you order. Within reason of course. At that point you already paid the NRD, so I'm sure they won't mind accommodating your budget since it's so far off.

Accessory set ordered! now for that wait... :impatient:

Used the rest of my RP's on this and only owe $3 + Shipping. Feels good getting it almost free knowing it should have come with it in the first place :lol

I WAS saving my RP's for an MMS version of 'buster 2.0 from IW, but I don't see it happening and I have no interest in the power pose.

Id be mad IF I paid double retail like I know many did for the first release but since I got mine for retail a rerelease doesnt bother me. I wanted the arm but Im not putting down the price of a figure to get it so I guess my HB stays as is.

Id be mad IF I paid double retail like I know many did for the first release but since I got mine for retail a rerelease doesnt bother me. I wanted the arm but Im not putting down the price of a figure to get it so I guess my HB stays as is.

Only paid $400 for the figure so adding an arm that i might use once for another $250 is hard to justify and i love IM. I would rather put that money towards the next IM suit.

Back