1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No bust? I didnt know that. The bust is kinda necessary as putting in the whole mk43 is a pain in the butt and can scratch things up

This is in the description "Chest can be opened to reveal the Mark XLIII bust with LED light-up eyes and arc reactor on chest (white light, battery operated)". Seems like it comes with the bust.

Exactly what I thought. So I'm not sure where they're getting the idea it's not included.

This is in the description "Chest can be opened to reveal the Mark XLIII bust with LED light-up eyes and arc reactor on chest (white light, battery operated)". Seems like it comes with the bust.

My bad. Your right it does include it... forgive me it’s been a crazy day and I was buzzing when I seen this up for preorder

For those of you who have the original Hulkbuster is it worth owning? I'm having trouble deciding between the Infinity War version and the rerelease, so I wanted to hear people's opinions.

I would say yes but I'm an Iron Man nut and have almost 40 IM figures (more if you add my Stark figures) and it is the grail in my collection. Its big, very heavy, overpriced and takes up a lot of space so if you are just a casual fan and just want one suit in your collection i would get a normal suit like the CW or IW.

It says on the order page Contains diecast material partially to strengthen core structure and enhance articulations

So the die cast material will only be on the inside?

It's very heavy you really don't want anymore weight at all. Nobody can tell on the shelf anyway as the "diecast" figures are still really plastic.

I'm getting the deluxe after being unable to get it when it first came out. I'm just mulling over where to buy it for the best price including shipping.

Everyone has or will have a deposit so I guess that BBTS would be they way to go since it can be shipped for $4, right? Lastly, out of curiosity, did the original Hulkbuster come double boxed from either BBTS, Timewalker Toys or Alter Ego? Any extra protection for free is always a bonus.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm getting the deluxe after being unable to get it when it first came out. I'm just mulling over where to buy it for the best price including shipping.

Everyone has or will have a deposit so I guess that BBTS would be they way to go since it can be shipped for $4, right? Lastly, out of curiosity, did the original Hulkbuster come double boxed from either BBTS, Timewalker Toys or Alter Ego? Any extra protection for free is always a bonus.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Just FYI if you ordered with BBTS in the past and have canceled any orders you are on their bad list. If they don't have enough HB to go around they will cancel your order and give it to someone else even if you ordered on day 1.

Just FYI if you ordered with BBTS in the past and have canceled any orders you are on their bad list. If they don't have enough HB to go around they will cancel your order and give it to someone else even if you ordered on day 1.

I didnt know that. Im definitely on their bad list then.

It happened with the Yondu Figure

This is from Megalgalvatron1's post

"I’m going to try and call them today because I would like an explanation myself. I did call them about two weeks ago to find out why it hadn’t shipped and if they had any idea. I was explain to me that the way their orders work is Sideshow agrees to give them an amount of figures. Bbts then assumes they are going to get this amount of figures and in this case sideshow did not send them their full order. They did not cancel the preorder sooner as they had not heard back and still assumed they were going to get the rest of their order in later shipment. I’m going to call them because I would like an exclamation why my day one pre-order wasn’t for filled but other people’s later pre-orders were.

So I just got off the phone with them and found out the reason. Apparently if you do cancel pre-orders from them you no longer become first come first serve you become the last on your list to get anything. Because of this if you have canceled anything in the past and have at least a 70% rate then you get kicked to the back of the line. I did run into about three years ago where I had about eight items on pre-order and had to cancel them (changed jobs and needed other things more than toys) as well as where I’ve honestly accidentally hit order on the old system and had to cancel it immediately because I didn’t mean to. I understand if they do this because they want to discourage people that cancel stuff a lot because they feel those people are not going to keep the order anyways. Kind of stinks for those of us that had every intent to keep their order on this go-round that it got canceled. I was also told this is why they are slowly introducing more down payments on their pre-orders. Ironically enough the only thing I’ve ever canceled with them that they didn’t immediately sell out was Ultron which I later purchased. O well. From now on I know if there is something I have every intent to keep to pre-order somewhere else. I can also kind of see where it could be considered partially my fault for having to cancel stuff in the past. I did however learn my lesson in the past to not pre-order a bunch of stuff and just pre-order what I am for sure going to get".

I’m done with BBTS, I have a preorder for an item over 3yrs and they wont return my deposit. They tell me to keep waiting, but I doubt the product will be released.

Based on these recent posts I guess I'll head over to AE or Timewalker. I'm at the back of the line for sure at BBTS. Does Timewalker offer payment plans and how is their shipping?

What an ******* move...lmao

Luckily I don’t buy these as a source of investment so I’m not concern with the resell prices dropping, the OG HB will probably just settle at retail which isn’t bad anyways, because this one will be significantly more expensive, I expect a 1300-1400 pricetag for a new arm....good riddance to those of you willing to pay that high for a HB.

Such a bitter little man.

I've never actually had a problem with BBTS. I've cancelled pre-orders before, never had a problem getting any product.

In any case, the deluxe price isn't terrible for what you get compared to the original. I'll succumb I suppose. It's just that price is 4 figures... On the other hand its probably not going to be rereleased again.

”Apparently if you do cancel pre-orders from them you no longer become first come first serve you become the last on your list to get anything. Because of this if you have canceled anything in the past and have at least a 70% rate then you get kicked to the back of the line.".

If this is true, BBTS really ought to disclose it in their FAQ. Right now their FAQ sounds like they want to make it as easy as possible to let you cancel orders any time before they are charged. They only mention repercussions if you cancel too many orders after they are charged and in your Pile of Loot.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Help/Cancellations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it's only getting worse..............:(

From NBC news earlier

The deepening trade war with China once again threatens to send consumer prices sharply upward after President Donald Trump ordered the U.S. Postal Service to withdraw from a treaty setting shipping rates with nearly 200 countries.

The 144-year-old treaty determined the rates paid by various countries for delivering packages to customers in other nations. It sets different tiers, where more developed countries like the U.S. pay higher rates and less developed countries get a discount. In a carryover from when China was less economically advanced, the country is rated lower — which sometimes led to head scratching in the market.

"You could have something shipped from Indiana to New York and it would be more expensive than having it shipped from China because of price distortion introduced through the [old] rates," professor Rick Geddes, a postal service expert and Director of the Cornell Program in Infrastructure Policy at Cornell University, told NBC News.

Back