1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Display box for HB
display.jpg

This is tough man because we all like what we all like and I’m totally cool with that. If you search though my posts, I don’t think I’ve ever said anything like I feel needs to be said so here goes...

You gotta change that pose on the HB, it looks like it’s waving hello. And I get that you want to show off the inside of the figure because it does have some great detail but some needs to be closed up a little at least. Like maybe start with the helmet collapse it into one piece. Also, both the custom Stark and the 1/1 Arc Reactor just don’t fit the look.

I’m sorry man, I don’t mean to be negative and if you’re loving your setup than who cares right? You did post the picture and I had to be honest. Good luck!

Love your Tony custom - is that the grey POPTOYS western suit? What body are you using - the fit is great! I would be tempted to bash one with those parts!

Thanks. Yes its the POPTOYS grey suit. Body is a narrow shoulder body, added a bit of padding near shoulders and chest for the fit.

This is tough man because we all like what we all like and I’m totally cool with that. If you search though my posts, I don’t think I’ve ever said anything like I feel needs to be said so here goes...

You gotta change that pose on the HB, it looks like it’s waving hello. And I get that you want to show off the inside of the figure because it does have some great detail but some needs to be closed up a little at least. Like maybe start with the helmet collapse it into one piece. Also, both the custom Stark and the 1/1 Arc Reactor just don’t fit the look.

I’m sorry man, I don’t mean to be negative and if you’re loving your setup than who cares right? You did post the picture and I had to be honest. Good luck!

No issues - I like the way it is and gonna keep it exactly like that - don't worry :) . We all say what we all say and I had to give an honest reply.

No issues - I like the way it is and gonna keep it exactly like that - don't worry :) . We all say what we all say and I had to give an honest reply.

Cool, cool. I honestly felt bad writing what I did and almost didn’t post but alas, we all saw that I posted.

By the way, like DioramaMaker, I also should have mentioned how good your Stark custom looks; great bash! The combination of the two in the same display was part of my critique but the figure looks great especially with the jacket slung over, great idea! Those are the Mk. IV style sunglasses? If so, my favorite. Haven’t really been a fan of the “hipster” style sunglasses that RDJ has been sporting in the later movies like CW and SMHC (purple lenses :lol). Oh and the glasses that come with the Mk. 47 feel like they could break just breathing on them.

Cool, cool. I honestly felt bad writing what I did and almost didn’t post but alas, we all saw that I posted.

By the way, like DioramaMaker, I also should have mentioned how good your Stark custom looks; great bash! The combination of the two in the same display was part of my critique but the figure looks great especially with the jacket slung over, great idea! Those are the Mk. IV style sunglasses? If so, my favorite. Haven’t really been a fan of the “hipster” style sunglasses that RDJ has been sporting in the later movies like CW and SMHC (purple lenses :lol). Oh and the glasses that come with the Mk. 47 feel like they could break just breathing on them.

Cheers bro :hi5: I have actually run out of space in my other displays - so this is the only place I could have put both of these.

I hear Howard Chan has been saying that there might even be an MMS version of Hulkbuster 2.0 once it's been proven to be popular enough for it to be mass produced. So I'm still on the fence about HB2.0

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I hear Howard Chan has been saying that there might even be an MMS version of Hulkbuster 2.0 once it's been proven to be popular enough for it to be mass produced. So I'm still on the fence about HB2.0

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Howard says a lot of things. I wouldn't put much stock in it.

Howard says a lot of things. I wouldn't put much stock in it.

Yep right on there. Question is how does he/they gauge if it will be popular enough ?

That's my gripe. They rarely ask the collectors online and globally. Sure, maybe they get a feeling from SDCC or wherever they show prototypes, but that's a pretty small percentile of the global market population.

When did this thing start taking off in price? Makes me glad I got mine when I did for $725 brand new at my local comic shop.

The prices are getting more ridiculous by the day. I want to get one before it gets even crazier, but I imagine all the other missed Hot Toys I can catch up on buying with that money. One figure vs 5 or more.

For those they own one of these, is it truly worth what its currently going for? It's going for no less than about 1600 usd right now.

Its a nice piece for sure. Is it worth it at current prices? Depends on your pain $$$ point.
Prices will settle eventually. $2k for one is nuts!

I like it. It's unique, I don t think HT will release another like it. Downside is its size. Mine has been stored because it doesn't fit in a detolf and i dont want it out in the open. Having it in hand
max id pay is probably $1400. 2k is a little much.

This is the most complicated (and possibly largest) 1/6th figure I've ever seen. Compared to a standard custom figure from a reputable artist that easily goes over $1k, this was an absolute bargain at initial purchase price.

Back