1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You and I have different definitions for living so I suggest that you keep to yourself if you do not have the answer to what I’m looking for.

68125b13109de7fc7239940be17447fd.gif

I keep seeing tiffs and threads being cleaned and I’m so glad it’s not me. Not even involved. Lol

It will be interesting to see how the arms, head, and waist will be articulated on the production Hulkbuster 2.0...

Agreed. I think the original Hulkbuster will be the superior version. The 2.0, depending on how it turns out, will be nice for people looking for a cheaper alternative. To me, the 2.0 didn't have nearly the presence of the 1.0 in their respective films.

2.0 is much smaller in person than I expected, and looks like a statue (paint-wise). I know people are saying "it's just the proto!" but there is no escaping the fact that it is composed of large parts that have been pulled from a single cast, giving it the statue vibe. Allot of people will love this figure, especially at the price point -- but being an owner of HB1 I know I would get no satisfaction from this piece.

I understand what you’re saying but 2 important things to consider. The 1st is obvious, like most collectibles, pictures really don’t do it justice at all. Secondly, this is a comic interpretation of the HB, not movie.

Obviously it’s not for everyone, your opinion is as valid as anyone’s, and there are definitely comic IM fans that might not like the statue but most collectors are loving this statue! Last thing I’ll say is that the design of the “inner suit” that resembles the original Extremis armor from the comics is an amazingly engineered. It can be posed busting out of the HB or on its own base giving the collector a few display options.

Last picture for posterity:

I saw this in person for the first time last week and had so many regrets I didn't PO this. It is the best statue I have every seen, hands down.

Maybe the 2.0 will have more of a presence in the next movie, and there will be a full -fledged MMS figure by then (and time to make money off of the Power Pose in the meantime).

I doubt it will have a place in the second film.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

True, but there was the scene in the previews where it showed Banner working on one of the arms. I know they used “fake” footage at times in the trailer to avoid spoiling anything, but who knows.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Stark though has the schematics to mass produce any of his suits. He doesn't need to fix anything, just make a new one.

Stark though has the schematics to mass produce any of his suits. He doesn't need to fix anything, just make a new one.

It's a movie, it's not like they really need to use any sort of "logic" for something to be in it. If they want it to be it will be. My main point was that I don't think there will be any need for it to be in the second film. It was already kind of a waste in IW.

It's a movie, it's not like they really need to use any sort of "logic" for something to be in it. If they want it to be it will be. My main point was that I don't think there will be any need for it to be in the second film. It was already kind of a waste in IW.

Oh yes, I agree. It was a cool version of the armor that was wasted in the film, if only to serve the banner/hulk struggle.

Yeah and it’s a crutch for banner. No way they don’t address the issue with him and hulk.

Back