1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I want the 2.0, but will absolutely not settle for a freakin' power pose??? Are you kidding me? Going from an articulated 1.0 figure to a statue 2.0 figure would be such a yuuuuge downgrade. :slap

I'm of the opposite opinion. I don't have the 1.0 version as I'm not prepared to shell out over $1000 for this figure. However give me a power pose figure which can open the top to show a Tony or whoever sculpt in place for.... I dunno say $500 (that's a guess guys) and I'd be on-board. Paying sooo much more just to be able to move the legs and arms a little bit is not worth it for me for this figure.

I'd be fine with him looking like this in my display.

edit. It probably wouldn't be that hard to both really. Same plastic body panels re-used on a static underbody.

30624158_1789643254414694_4016348707633356118_n.jpg

I'm not down for a power pose figure, it has to be a regular release or no preorder for me.

Just as I suspected! We are getting a Pose Hulk buster with limited articulation in the head, arms, hands and waist. I may just bite the bullet and get this iconic figure. I consider it iconic because it is the Marvel Universe's spin on the Iron Man mark 44. It is an armor created for Banner. Never saw that one coming before the Lego leak. Sideshow posted it to their website today.

marvel-avengers-infinity-war-hulkbuster-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903473-01.jpgmarvel-avengers-infinity-war-hulkbuster-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903473-03.jpgmarvel-avengers-infinity-war-hulkbuster-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903473-18.jpg

What’s up with the description saying that the material is vinyl?

And yeah, big pass on this. Glad I got the 1.0 HB and the XM 1/4 statue will be shipping in a few months-now that’s the ultimate HB In my opinion.

Photos taken by me at STGCC last year!

Attachments

• B4A7561E-BEB0-43EC-B939-35EB3889B698.jpg
    B4A7561E-BEB0-43EC-B939-35EB3889B698.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 424
  • 19C13FA0-4C73-4170-A523-460B29A30240.jpg
    19C13FA0-4C73-4170-A523-460B29A30240.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 422

And yeah, big pass on this. Glad I got the 1.0 HB and the XM 1/4 statue will be shipping in a few months-now that’s the ultimate HB In my opinion.

That's cool and all but from a concept design the hulkbuster design for the statue is too chaotic. Overuse of paneling is flat out noisy. If you like it though, that's all that matters.

That's cool and all but from a concept design the hulkbuster design for the statue is too chaotic. Overuse of paneling is flat out noisy. If you like it though, that's all that matters.

I understand what you’re saying but 2 important things to consider. The 1st is obvious, like most collectibles, pictures really don’t do it justice at all. Secondly, this is a comic interpretation of the HB, not movie.

Obviously it’s not for everyone, your opinion is as valid as anyone’s, and there are definitely comic IM fans that might not like the statue but most collectors are loving this statue! Last thing I’ll say is that the design of the “inner suit” that resembles the original Extremis armor from the comics is an amazingly engineered. It can be posed busting out of the HB or on its own base giving the collector a few display options.

Last picture for posterity:

Attachments

• 6D94AB6D-E5A8-46A2-84B4-F34E07C619CB.jpg
    6D94AB6D-E5A8-46A2-84B4-F34E07C619CB.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 389
I watched a video on the XM HB awhile back. I have no room for it even if i could afford it but they did an amazing job with it. Looking forward to some pictures when you get it.

I'm guessing that it says that because it is going to be made out of vinyl.

I'm still on the fence on this guy. It's more about if I have space and the money to shell out on him. If it had been another fully articulated HB1 style figure it would have been an easy pass. But now it's really tempting !!

It will be interesting to see how much this one weighs, I have the original and its insanely heavy, but to the point where a random person will see it in my display and then after picking it up will assume it cost a lot of money (weight = quality thing). If this is vinyl that means its not going to weigh a whole lot but will also have more of a rubbery feel to it. Obviously they went that direction to keep costs down (including shipping). Its not a bad alternative for people who didn't want to dish out $900 for the original and I get why they did it. If I had the choice between the two it might be difficult (I won't be putting 2 in my collection, takes up too much room), I mean to save $450 and still have a hulkbuster...

I understand what you’re saying but 2 important things to consider. The 1st is obvious, like most collectibles, pictures really don’t do it justice at all. Secondly, this is a comic interpretation of the HB, not movie.

Obviously it’s not for everyone, your opinion is as valid as anyone’s, and there are definitely comic IM fans that might not like the statue but most collectors are loving this statue! Last thing I’ll say is that the design of the “inner suit” that resembles the original Extremis armor from the comics is an amazingly engineered. It can be posed busting out of the HB or on its own base giving the collector a few display options.

Last picture for posterity:

Awesome man, I hope you enjoy it.

It will be interesting to see how much this one weighs, I have the original and its insanely heavy, but to the point where a random person will see it in my display and then after picking it up will assume it cost a lot of money (weight = quality thing). If this is vinyl that means its not going to weigh a whole lot but will also have more of a rubbery feel to it. Obviously they went that direction to keep costs down (including shipping). Its not a bad alternative for people who didn't want to dish out $900 for the original and I get why they did it. If I had the choice between the two it might be difficult (I won't be putting 2 in my collection, takes up too much room), I mean to save $450 and still have a hulkbuster...

One of the Asian sites had it listed as 16kg (35 pounds).

Any recommended size for a display casing for hb? Mine is still in the box and I would not want to open it until I get a dust proof casing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well sorry for living.....maybe you should take a tape measure and think about it yourself.

You and I have different definitions for living so I suggest that you keep to yourself if you do not have the answer to what I’m looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back