1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pictures indeed !! Curious about the Tony Stark in suit though... Is this an existing figure/costume?

This is a kitbash - used the head sculpt that came with mark 47 on a narrow shoulder body and a suit that fits this body (most black suits fit)

Hulkbuster busted out of the house.

3CDD3E83-3FDB-4B95-AE00-A1CB8C2E9609.jpeg

8EAF0E5E-EC26-48F5-8CDD-27A6EC0AE1E5.jpeg

Finally put mine on the shelves. I would like to apologize for any snarky comments I've previously made about people not posing this figure. He certainly is heavy, but the bigger issue is that there is almost nowhere to grip the figure, to have the sufficient leverage, to articulate some of the joints (particularly in the legs).
So I have a better understanding of why some choose not to articulate for their poses. Even with the vids and pics, I still managed to underestimate the size and footprint of this fantastic piece.

Here's mine for now:
RayHB2.jpg
RayHB.jpg
RayHBclose.jpg

Finally put mine on the shelves. I would like to apologize for any snarky comments I've previously made about people not posing this figure. He certainly is heavy, but the bigger issue is that there is almost nowhere to grip the figure, to have the sufficient leverage, to articulate some of the joints (particularly in the legs).
So I have a better understanding of why some choose not to articulate for their poses. Even with the vids and pics, I still managed to underestimate the size and footprint of this fantastic piece.

Here's mine for now:

Really, you didnt pose it? Come on.. :wink1:

That's not even the final pose I wanted. After I put him on the shelf, the pose didn't work due to space restrictions, and I was too tired to re-adjust anything other than the arms... :slap

Hi guys i've got to ask this one. I've pre-ordered the Hot toys hulkbuster for more than a year now from a reseller. it's a trusted reseller i'm sure of that. i've bought many figures from him in the past. now here's the problem, in the pre order list of the HB, i'm included in batch 3. batch 1 already shipped, and people got their Hulkbusters already. but right at this moment there's still no news for us batch 3. My question is, is there any chance that a big wave of new copies will be made? because right now people from batch 3 are withdrawing/cancelling their orders. i can cancel mine easily, but i really need this figure. i don't want to regret cancelling it. do you guys have any information regarding this? the reseller told me to just wait, but i've been waiting for almost 2 years now.

Hi guys i've got to ask this one. I've pre-ordered the Hot toys hulkbuster for more than a year now from a reseller. it's a trusted reseller i'm sure of that. i've bought many figures from him in the past. now here's the problem, in the pre order list of the HB, i'm included in batch 3. batch 1 already shipped, and people got their Hulkbusters already. but right at this moment there's still no news for us batch 3. My question is, is there any chance that a big wave of new copies will be made? because right now people from batch 3 are withdrawing/cancelling their orders. i can cancel mine easily, but i really need this figure. i don't want to regret cancelling it. do you guys have any information regarding this? the reseller told me to just wait, but i've been waiting for almost 2 years now.

I dont think anyone of us here would know considering none of us are retailers nor work at Hot Toys.

I would give the benefit of the doubt to your retailer and just be patient.

I must say, the prototype looked THICC, but the final product looked a tad bit less, but still overall outstanding.

Everyone mentions it, but it is hard to relate until you pick it up yourself. Same with the overall size and height. Pictures really just don't have the same impact as having it in-hand.

News flash collectors, its finally happening!!!!
Just as predicted a new Hulkbuster is will soon be up for pre-order, while our fellow collectors have still not received their first Hulkbuster armor. I predict Hot Toys has learned an expensive lesson with the 1.0, so this time around I believe they aim to keep collectors interested by making the 2.0 into a power pose figure/statue. Think about it! If the 1.0 was a power pose figure, then we could have possibly had a jackhammer arm and Veronica Module. Check out this pic of Cull Obsidian.That sure looks like Banners new armor. I also believe that Hot Toys will do a power pose 1/6 scale version of the Hulkbuster 2.0. Check out the pics of the HB 2.0 at the Infinity War Hong Kong Super Exhibition. Articulation would be a nightmare. Premium format would not be a bad idea either. Budget Stark even climbed from under a rock to post this video.

marvel-avengers-infinity-war-cull-obsidian-statue-iron-studios-903528-12.jpg30624158_1789643254414694_4016348707633356118_n.jpg30623929_1789642537748099_6030710321713341819_n.jpg30714234_1789642511081435_2160981545106435231_n.jpg30167522_1789641527748200_8754915182736501692_o.jpg8D298C23-FC92-42B0-9C0D-C23B86B44D20.jpeg

I'm not down for a power pose figure, it has to be a regular release or no preorder for me.

I'm not down for a power pose figure, it has to be a regular release or no preorder for me.

I agree. I want the 2.0, but will absolutely not settle for a freakin' power pose??? Are you kidding me? Going from an articulated 1.0 figure to a statue 2.0 figure would be such a yuuuuge downgrade. :slap

Thats 1/10 obsidian cull. I really hope ht will make 1/6 of it.
IMHO a power pose hulkbuster is better and maybe comes at a lower price.
I do own the HB 1.0. Its damn heavy and hard to pose.

Back