1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering this too while watching AoU the other day. I’m thinking what’s the chances of HTs soliciting a battle damaged HB with the jackhammer arm, battle damaged parts and pieces and Veronica? Afterall, in the movie he doesn’t call for the extra arm until after Hulk does some serious damage. And knowing HTs spent a fortune on molds a rerelease with damaged parts seems plausible.

The last time HT did second figure just for BD was with the MKVII. With two Avengers movies in the next 15 months they are not going to spend time to redo something they just released from the last movie. 0 chance of a BD HB unless it's something from IW.

So does this thing have any knee articulation at all or is it all in the hip?

It bends two clicks at the knee -- I actually didn't even realize this until about two weeks ago.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 3.08.15 PM.jpg

I bought a Hulkbuster on ebay a month ago, after multiple emails (a week) and no response I asked the seller to cancel the transaction and requested a refund.

Then I found another for a decent price and bought it. Yeah, the day after the second one shipped the first guy responded and said it had shipped a few days earlier. Long story short I now have two so if anyone needs help securing one still sealed in its shipper I have it listed in the Commerce section.

Btw all I have done with the one I'm keeping is open the box to take a peek at it, but man it's glorious. :thud:

I’m really disappointed that I missed this and I’m definitely getting the new one if they do it. My Iron Man collection just feels like it’s missing something

Wouldn't it make more sense to set it up on eBay as "buy it now" instead of an auction then? What do you do with the auction of someone here wants to buy it?

I use to, but found most people here will let you know pretty quick if they're interested allowing you to gauge within the first day or two of listing it here if it's going to sell, making it easy to cancel the auction before it has much activity or accrues fees.

Typically I'm only selling to free up funds quickly for something that's come up out of the blue i.e. waitlist openings, sudden availability, or the "I've decided I need that" thought process.

So time is usually not on my side. :wink1:

I occasionally check back on this thread to see the pics of what everyone has done with their displays.

This remains the most ambitious 1/6 figure ever done IMO and I look at it in amazement every day.

I also chuckle every time I imagine a new collector coming to this thread and attempting to start at the beginning and read all 1100 pages of comments.

Beautiful pics and display LW, I have to get mine out of it's display and play with the legs...looks so much better taking a step forward! Still pretty stable?

Sure wish there was an easier way to light this bad boy...

I had to tweak it one notch after to improve the balance, but I've got it perfectly stable now. You have to spend time working all joints - the hips, knees (double jointed if I remember correctly), ankles, toes and heels. And then observe for a few days to see if it's all solid. But yes, there's definitely a sweet spot. The trick is to ensure the pelvis is horizontally level.

Here's more pics of it on permanent display, for those who'd like to see the configuration upclose. For such a centerpiece, really gotta put in the effort to make it look good :)

nsXLX2L.jpg

jp2YtY9.jpg

9rGKGpR.jpg

3nyqeDv.jpg

65at6zf.jpg

Mr9ypKa.jpg

DiD7rvI.jpg

tIYRoBP.jpg

XOhwn8e.jpg

85BZFeP.jpg

The last time HT did second figure just for BD was with the MKVII. With two Avengers movies in the next 15 months they are not going to spend time to redo something they just released from the last movie. 0 chance of a BD HB unless it's something from IW.

Lol! You’re wrong. That may be the last time they did that with IM, but they did the exact same thing with BvS armored Batman. They released a battle damaged version with the kryptonite spear.

I could totally see HTs rereleasing this as a BD figure with extra parts precisely BECAUSE the hype of IW. Plus fanboys eat up anything IM so there’s that too.

I’m not saying it’s a foregone conclusion it’s gonna happen but you can’t count it out either.

Back