1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely not a bad armor by any stretch of the imagination, but the HulkBuster does look much nicer in my opinion.

I’ll try to pick this one up, but I’m more than content with my HulkBuster as well.

I like it, too. It’s nice we have a change to get 2 different hulkbusters. Each one with their own style.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I just got my Hulkbuster yesterday and have to say I am pretty impressed. I hate to be redundant but like a number of you have already said, this thing is heavy! I consider myself a pretty strong guy and workout consistently and it honestly felt like I was picking up a 40 pound dumbbell when I picked it up under its crotch with one hand. It definitely has a solid feel to it. I got super lucky and was able to just squeeze it into my display case without having to remove the shelf above it. I know that this has been mentioned, but I can say that the height is almost exactly 22 1/4 inches. My display space is exactly 22 1/4 inches, and
1b10a095a4d8cbe8913dda3a994a4048.jpg
67253e08148fdf9d327216c2a9dd20e2.jpg
453a412ba659be8cab044b821f401d9d.jpg
after putting it in I literally have less than 1 mm of clearance. This is with the Hulkbuster standing straight up, bust is in with the head pushed all the way down. Here are a couple bad pics...I am not a good photographer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got my Hulkbuster yesterday and have to say I am pretty impressed. I hate to be redundant but like a number of you have already said, this thing is heavy! I consider myself a pretty strong guy and workout consistently and it honestly felt like I was picking up a 40 pound dumbbell when I picked it up under its crotch with one hand. It definitely has a solid feel to it. I got super lucky and was able to just squeeze it into my display case without having to remove the shelf above it. I know that this has been mentioned, but I can say that the height is almost exactly 22 1/4 inches. My display space is exactly 22 1/4 inches, and
1b10a095a4d8cbe8913dda3a994a4048.jpg
67253e08148fdf9d327216c2a9dd20e2.jpg
453a412ba659be8cab044b821f401d9d.jpg
after putting it in I literally have less than 1 mm of clearance. This is with the Hulkbuster standing straight up, bust is in with the head pushed all the way down. Here are a couple bad pics...I am not a good photographer.

looks good

Awesome setup! I received mine yesterday as well. Had my kids help me open him up but they cared more abouut playing in the box and popping the bubble wrap lol.

Cabinet is complete for now... Lol

20180117_072832.jpg
20180117_085220.jpg
20180117_085236.jpg
20180117_085247.jpg
20180117_085317.jpg
20180117_085328.jpg

Pics? I havent opened mine yet so want to be on the look out for it

mT3ibm

its even worse underneath,but outta sight outta mind

stupid question, but how do you add pics? i uploaded to an image hosting site,then added via link, but seems to not show up

Awesome setup! I received mine yesterday as well. Had my kids help me open him up but they cared more abouut playing in the box and popping the bubble wrap lol.

Cabinet is complete for now... Lol

View attachment 387923
View attachment 387924
View attachment 387925
View attachment 387926
View attachment 387927
View attachment 387928

Thanks! My 8 year old got excited when he saw the bubble wrap as well. Guess you gotta enjoy the simple things in life sometimes. I love receiving things from BBTS...they always package them so well.

Thanks! My 8 year old got excited when he saw the bubble wrap as well. Guess you gotta enjoy the simple things in life sometimes. I love receiving things from BBTS...they always package them so well.

Yes! and Yes! I have ordered from other places and they usually do a good job, but with BBTS I know without a doubt my stuff is taken care of.

Yes! and Yes! I have ordered from other places and they usually do a good job, but with BBTS I know without a doubt my stuff is taken care of.

Not custom, but I did do custom lighting on it (it didn't come with lights) and the background (gloss black; normally clear glass).

I really love this cabinet. Its awesome, but a bit pricey. Its all glass display.

Thank you for noticing it. That is a thing with me. I feel whatever I have has to be displayed to match the integrity of the figures because they are works of art and should be seen/display as such.

I agree with you on the weight of this figure. I lift as well and you are right this felt like a good 35-45 db. I have my cabinet in my garage/man cave and my gym equipment in there too, so I can stare at it as I lift ;)

seriously everyone:watch the gold paint rub...and if anyone can figure out a good match for touch up paint,please post!

Is there any pics of the gold rub? I'd like to see it for myself...
I do notice that there is quite a bit of parts rubbing together when opening and closing the hatch. My IM bust already has a bit of paint rub on the back of his neck from the HB head. IMO the overall design of the HB head attachment to the body as well as the range of movement/restrictions leaves a lot to be desired...

But I'm still diggin' the figure.

Not custom, but I did do custom lighting on it (it didn't come with lights) and the background (gloss black; normally clear glass).

I really love this cabinet. Its awesome, but a bit pricey. Its all glass display.

Thank you for noticing it. That is a thing with me. I feel whatever I have has to be displayed to match the integrity of the figures because they are works of art and should be seen/display as such.

I agree with you on the weight of this figure. I lift as well and you are right this felt like a good 35-45 db. I have my cabinet in my garage/man cave and my gym equipment in there too, so I can stare at it as I lift ;)

What kind of lights are those? I know they are led’s but what brand and where did you get them? I want to do something like that for my display cabinets. I think you and I are probably around the same age since we have similar collectibles. I am also into Voltron and G1 transformers. Good stuff.

What kind of lights are those? I know they are led’s but what brand and where did you get them? I want to do something like that for my display cabinets. I think you and I are probably around the same age since we have similar collectibles. I am also into Voltron and G1 transformers. Good stuff.

I ordered my lights off of Amazon. There are other higher end lights but these worked great for me (I didn't want a spotlight on my figures). They were then mounted inside a lighting track and I cut them accordingly (I used 3m tape inside to mount the led lights even though they have a sticky back which was rated poorly). It was a real pain to get a clean cut and not have the aluminum channels twist or bend. If you are going to mount them to wood it will be easier bc you can just screw them in. I mounted mine to glass and was a timely process using silicone, but worked out great bc I needed something that would flex with the glass.

I do like this HB a lot, but growing up in the 80's and watching Transformers and Voltron was the best. Those are super nostalgic for me. I'm 39 btw.

Here are the links from Amazon for the items I ordered.

Lights:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JQV6Q4I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Power Supply:

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Tran...rd_wg=72rgF&psc=1&refRID=2Z5PSJK4QHE8Z03A30JZ

Channels:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072VZSQ3P/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@majestic976:

I just got my HB yesterday and hes in my case. I'll look for some paint rub, but honestly I don't mess with my figures all that much since they are in my case. Just every once in a while.

Same on mine with the gold girters. I have it on both sides but its more prevalent on the left side. And its towards the front edge. Gold has rubbed off to the black plastic in some areas. I just try to avoid opening the chest pieces altogether now with the fear of more paint rub.

>

even worse underneath

So BBTS double boxed this? If so, wow! Great care taken by them in shipping them out. BBTS is awesome with the only blemish being that they selectively jack up the prices on newly arrived in-demand items.

I ordered my lights off of Amazon. There are other higher end lights but these worked great for me (I didn't want a spotlight on my figures). They were then mounted inside a lighting track and I cut them accordingly (I used 3m tape inside to mount the led lights even though they have a sticky back which was rated poorly). It was a real pain to get a clean cut and not have the aluminum channels twist or bend. If you are going to mount them to wood it will be easier bc you can just screw them in. I mounted mine to glass and was a timely process using silicone, but worked out great bc I needed something that would flex with the glass.

I do like this HB a lot, but growing up in the 80's and watching Transformers and Voltron was the best. Those are super nostalgic for me. I'm 39 btw.

Here are the links from Amazon for the items I ordered.

Lights:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JQV6Q4I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Power Supply:

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Tran...rd_wg=72rgF&psc=1&refRID=2Z5PSJK4QHE8Z03A30JZ

Channels:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072VZSQ3P/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@majestic976:

I just got my HB yesterday and hes in my case. I'll look for some paint rub, but honestly I don't mess with my figures all that much since they are in my case. Just every once in a while.

I’m 43 and grew up watching the same stuff. I was into Robotech too. Thanks for the help with the lights. My display cabinet is wood so hopefully it shouldn’t be too difficult.

So BBTS double boxed this? If so, wow! Great care taken by them in shipping them out. BBTS is awesome with the only blemish being that they selectively jack up the prices on newly arrived in-demand items.

Mine was double boxed (they usually do) plus two sheets of cardboard on both sides protecting it even more. They know how to pack their items.

They jack up the price which is unfortunate, but it is a business.

i think my hulkbuster had a japanese curse put on it...has anyone taken the toes off for any godforsaken reason?it looks like under the ankle flap is 2 screws and it might just pull off, but i figured id ask just incase anyone has been there... thanks in advance

Back