1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!! Make room for another HulkBuster from Infinity War, should be here in a couple of years!!

This thing is heavy! Hurt my back trying to do a simple pose. Worth the long wait!
A9B89AD1-F0F2-48AF-8260-2C5A3200E494.jpg

Nice!! Make room for another HulkBuster from Infinity War, should be here in a couple of years!!

I'm still having a hard time believing this one is actually in my house after all these years. I have to go repose it occasionally just to make sure i'm not hallucinating :lol

I'll admit, I'm not sure if it was because of the wait or what exactly diminished my anticipation of this figure, but I wasn't as excited as I thought I would be when it arrived. That quickly turned into God-smacking awe when I opened it up. When people tell you it's big, you say "Ok, Ok, I get it - it's big". Let me assure you, nothing can prepare you for this beast when you get it in front of you. It's 22 inches tall but that only tells part of the story. It's mere girth makes you utterly speechless. I have a fair few pieces in my collection, some of them quite large (life size busts, etc.) but holy crap- I've never seen anything like this.

I know it's cliche to say pictures don't do it justice but people this is a masterpiece of grand scale that you can only appreciate to it's fullest when you're in its presence. Amazing job Hot Toys!

20171206_224718.jpg

20171206_223954.jpg

20171206_223823.jpg

Totally agree with everything you said. I've been looking at mine (constantly) and thinking HT must have been crazy to even make something like this but i am very happy they did.

I will be honest and say moving the leg, knee and foot joints scare the crap out of me just because i feel like i'm going to break something.

Totally agree with everything you said. I've been looking at mine (constantly) and thinking HT must have been crazy to even make something like this but i am very happy they did.

I will be honest and say moving the leg, knee and foot joints scare the crap out of me just because i feel like i'm going to break something.

I haven't tried it yet...maybe never will.

I finally got my HB last night, and I need to echo everyone ele's sentiments. This is easily the most complex "toy" I have ever seen. It's not just a beast; it's Cthulu.

My first impressions:
>articulation is good from the waist up. I wish the legs could spread for more dynamic poses, but I realize the due to his weight, that would make him quite unstable.

>HB has cankles. I guess I never noticed in the movie, but the feet and ankles of this figure seem out of proportion to the rest of the body. Again, I realize, that is probably a weight and stability issue.

>Soap Reactor is mandatory for this figure. I was not planning on getting one and never turning on the lights, but I see now what I would be missing out on.

>Paint application is great as usual, but I feel the need to add more soot and black coloring all over. Weathering on the battle damaged panel needs to be increased as well. Will do that this weekend.

> I love exploring this figure for more surprises and finding other armor panels that move. I think the double and triple ball joints on some of the armor placements are fantastic. Makes them feel like they are floating

Back