1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you email them and let them know what figures you want to light up then they will arrange the leads and reactor for you. They are very helpful. They will then send you a pal invoice. I’ve bought 6 reactors from them and I’ve done it all via pay pal.
Hope this helps?

Yeah, I've bought all 3 of mine over email using PayPal invoicing ([email protected]) since the site didn't work for US customers when I bought my first one. It was always buggy. I didn't even try going back for the subsequent ones.

Thanks, I'll give that a go :)
Well... following that advice, my first Soap Studio order arrived today :)

20171207_183130311_iOS.jpg

Sadly, only enough to power about half my Iron Man collection :)

One oddity, though (I have asked Soap, but thought I'd see what you guys thought, too) - the HB head and hands take 3xLR41, but the Soap LR41 adapter is only a double, and all mine are split in half; is this normal? If so, how are you supposed to use it? Any pictures?

Well... following that advice, my first Soap Studio order arrived today :)

View attachment 381560

Sadly, only enough to power about half my Iron Man collection :)

One oddity, though (I have asked Soap, but thought I'd see what you guys thought, too) - the HB head and hands take 3xLR41, but the Soap LR41 adapter is only a double, and all mine are split in half; is this normal? If so, how are you supposed to use it? Any pictures?

Like this:

pKAUVRu.jpg

Use a small piece of tape around the larger adapter to stick it to the smaller adapter.

If you email them and let them know what figures you want to light up then they will arrange the leads and reactor for you. They are very helpful. They will then send you a pal invoice. I’ve bought 6 reactors from them and I’ve done it all via pay pal.
Hope this helps?

Yeah, I've bought all 3 of mine over email using PayPal invoicing ([email protected]) since the site didn't work for US customers when I bought my first one. It was always buggy. I didn't even try going back for the subsequent ones.

Like this:

pKAUVRu.jpg

Use a small piece of tape around the larger adapter to stick it to the smaller adapter.
I'm not sure I can do that with what they sent:
20171207_195757558_iOS.jpg
20171207_200337917_iOS.jpg

All my LR41 items are like this

You need to locate the small metal cylinder part like Bluntman posted. It will be within the packet along with the instructions on how to use them. The instruction is a tiny piece of paper and easily missed.I did the same and found I missed this part! Hope this helps?
Ps Let us know what you think of the reactors.

You need to locate the small metal cylinder part like Bluntman posted. It will be within the packet along with the instructions on how to use them. The instruction is a tiny piece of paper and easily missed.I did the same and found I missed this part! Hope this helps?
Ps Let us know what you think of the reactors.
I think the specs must have changed - 16 LR41 adapters, none containing a slip of paper, all apparently containing only half of the cylinder from Bluntman's picture. The cylinder from the photo looks to be double the length of a single cell (which makes sense); the ones I have are only the size of a single cell representing the -ve end (as per my picture), with a plastic inner on the other side. I'll have to wait and see what Soap say.

Thanks for the responses :)

So where are you all running the cables ? Simply out the back of the HB ? Would love to see how the cables look. Can they be hidden ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So where are you all running the cables ? Simply out the back of the HB ? Would love to see how the cables look. Can they be hidden ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s really easy to hide the cables as there are parts of the armour they easily fit under and appear hidden. The only part I can see my cables is on the rear of the left leg where the all meet and connect to the mains. Thankfully I can’t see the rear of HB so the wires are not visible.
8C098CA2-9728-46D1-B50A-4856CE3EFBA1.jpg
E7CE9A62-39FC-4086-AFCC-401A849BF51C.jpg
A78D9BB9-39B5-4842-B03B-2404F0A25BAC.jpg

Be cool too hook up a sound chip so when you activate the lights with the soap reactor you hear the suit power on. Or play the original iron man theme from he first movie!!

I'm not sure I can do that with what they sent:

All my LR41 items are like this

Hi you should have 3 parts in the LR41 bags one with + sign and the wires connected to it , one with the - sign on it and then a small cylinder part . THe idea is that some figures use the LR41 but they only use 2 batteries per compartment so then you would use only the parts with the + and - . Other figure like the hulk buster use 3 batteries per compartment then you would use the part with the + and the cylinder part.

Also if you going to put batteries in you figures you could use a trick I developed ( well i think I did never seen any one else do it) .

Take a Drinking straw and use some double sided tape to stick it to the pole off the figure stand , then cut the straw down the middle . You can then slide the wires inside and they will be hidden at the back .

You can see an example with me doing it for the MK 46

37489027764_60f2bd22b4_b.jpg

From the front and even the sides you cant see any thing and its clean in the cabinet

38167803192_a917525310_b.jpg

It also allows you to hide the cables really well this is a work in progress picture but you get the idea.

38199913041_7bea82001c_b.jpg

They're $90 for a full pack, which is the reactor and remote, along with some specific cables. The cables that come with it will not all be useful to the HB. Some might (forget which come with it).

The lite pack is $70, and is just the reactor.

Cables are about $7 each. It takes 8, so about $56.

$30 for the power adapter.

$30 for shipping.

The remote is extra if you go lite pack. I forget how much that is, but about $20-30.

It's about $180+ for a full kit. HB takes two reactors I think if you want to power everything (each powers 8x, and 4x AAA), but you'd have some extra to run to other figures I guess. I'm just using one and not powering the bust.

I'd recommend the first to be a full pack to get the remote and some free cables (or ask CS if they'll swap the ones that come with the full pack with the ones you need). Neither pack comes with the power adapter. Each subsequent soap reactor can be a lite pack.

They're $90 for a full pack, which is the reactor and remote, along with some specific cables. The cables that come with it will not all be useful to the HB. Some might (forget which come with it).

The lite pack is $70, and is just the reactor.

Cables are about $7 each. It takes 8, so about $56.

$30 for the power adapter.

$30 for shipping.

The remote is extra if you go lite pack. I forget how much that is, but about $20-30.

It's about $180+ for a full kit. HB takes two reactors I think if you want to power everything (each powers 8x, and 4x AAA), but you'd have some extra to run to other figures I guess. I'm just using one and not powering the bust.

I'd recommend the first to be a full pack to get the remote and some free cables (or ask CS if they'll swap the ones that come with the full pack with the ones you need). Neither pack comes with the power adapter. Each subsequent soap reactor can be a lite pack.

Thanks.

I'm just going to use a $10 4 channel RF switched relay

I channel for each of the following

Arc Reactors
Eyes
Secondary body lights
Repulsers

It might even fit into Hulkbusters torso

Not sure, I guess you could modify them by cutting the plucg off the end and stripping the wires.

I plan to just solder wires to the battery compartment terminals and I will run the wires internally as much as possible

Not sure, I guess you could modify them by cutting the plucg off the end and stripping the wires.

I plan to just solder wires to the battery compartment terminals and I will run the wires internally as much as possible

Ah so this will run at the required voltage ?

Aren't different batteries or numbers of batteries used. How can you get around that ?

Hi you should have 3 parts in the LR41 bags one with + sign and the wires connected to it , one with the - sign on it and then a small cylinder part . THe idea is that some figures use the LR41 but they only use 2 batteries per compartment so then you would use only the parts with the + and - . Other figure like the hulk buster use 3 batteries per compartment then you would use the part with the + and the cylinder part.
Yep - I appear to be missing that small cylinder part in all 16 of my LR41 kits; I've written to Soap to see what they can do about it (with 16 missing, I think they had faulty / mispacked batch).

Yep - I appear to be missing that small cylinder part in all 16 of my LR41 kits; I've written to Soap to see what they can do about it (with 16 missing, I think they had faulty / mispacked batch).
Ok cool, wow 16 LR41’s you have more than just hot toys to light up . I thought the only iron man that used LR41 where hulkbuster and 1/4 scale ones .

Back