1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my Hulkbuster displayed on a metallic computer desk. Kind of a perfect spot to assemble it considering all magnetic parts will just stick to the desk. Another thing for everyone to consider. Metallic display.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

This is my current Hulk Buster Display , I still need to make a part to hid the wires. All figures are wired up were the Hulkbuster sits and can be turned on including every led in the hulk buster and the bust . I am currently using the MK 43 head on the MK 42 bust.

38199913041_7bea82001c_b.jpg

Where's all HB pics? The fizzle of this thread reminds me of the end of the movie, "Paul"...you know, after his ship departs and the humans stand around looking at each other and say, "well, that was nice wasn't it." Is the HB excitement over?

Here's my display so far; the current plan is to order a custom acrylic display box to keep the dust off him.

View attachment 375993

Nice! I’m excited for mine whenever it arrives. What did you use for risers on those Detolfs?

Nice! I’m excited for mine whenever it arrives. What did you use for risers on those Detolfs?

I have two Detolfs mounted on single Expidet cubes and four Detolfs on an Expidet shelf; unfortunately IKEA no longer sells the Expidet line after going to the Kallax equivalent.

I'm wondering if a Detolf could be safely mounted on the same table my HB is sitting on, I'd love to get them a little higher.

Weak advice. Keep em both!

I think it’s way smarter to collect in only one scale, unless you have TON of money and space, or only focus on a few specific characters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it’s way smarter to collect in only one scale, unless you have TON of money and space, or only focus on a few specific characters.

One in the living room. Another in the comfort of your bedroom. Keeps guests surprised.

Thank you all for your responses. I don’t have any other figures other than the 1/9 scale. Just some mp transformers, Soc voltrons.

Is everyone paying the import taxes on this item or is it hit or miss? I’m trying to get lucky on bbts like that other guy did a few pages back.

Finally got my HB set up in my theatre...not super happy with the pose yet...will have to keep working on it...
a35419b04e18ad302fd74a96938213f6.jpg
46245f3cfdbfe0351a2bb34803681e75.jpg
0222e46a12fb9f302e2a6d2eb180e1c0.jpg
77a2ae6d1bf904b8c5e6a16b3f868418.jpg

Where's all HB pics? The fizzle of this thread reminds me of the end of the movie, "Paul"...you know, after his ship departs and the humans stand around looking at each other and say, "well, that was nice wasn't it." Is the HB excitement over?

I think at least part of the explanation would be that most people haven't got theirs yet.

Yeah probably delayed excitement since a lot of collectors have to wait. Star lord probably took some spot light as well since he’s much cheaper to get from a HK dealer then the HB haha

[/ATTACH]

Far from it. I don't think you should take a lack of posts as people are bored of it
:slap
By far the best figure i own, will ever own and i love the most.

I think at least part of the explanation would be that most people haven't got theirs yet.

I haven't even done a video yet am a bit tuckered iut from it all and will do it but finding time etc is difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is HB heavy enough to stand on his own fairly well?

I'm planning on a museum quality display pedestal with an acrylic cover.

Could he fall over easily? Anyway to attach his feet to a base?

If your collection is mostly 1/6 and/or you have some or all of the other armors then I'd recommend getting the HT version (however I don't collect 1/9). However you should jump on the WL ASAP. You will have the option of cancelling if you get the conversion notification. I don't know how many folks are currently on the waitlist, but it's probably growing every day. I hopped on the same day it sold out, so I'm hoping mine will convert. I'd been waiting for in-hand reviews because I was planning to use RPs for the purchase. And then all of a sudden it's sold out without so much as a low quantity alert. Right now folks are selling it on ebay for $1,200 - $1,400 although I expect those numbers will cool down once the hype and panic wears off, but it will still probably run around $1K in the secondary. That said, I would love to see HT offer a diecast version as I prefer it to plastic. That would be worth $1,000 - $1,200.

If HT produced a diecast HB, I'm guessing that it would be at least $1500.00.

“Is HB heavy enough to stand on his own fairly well?

I'm planning on a museum quality display pedestal with an acrylic cover.

Could he fall over easily? Anyway to attach his feet to a base?”

—————————-

The HB is a beast...heavy and rock solid standing. It would take significant/deliberate force to knock him over

Agreed; mine can teeter forward a little but I don't think he'd topple over in any way. Displaying him on something high makes me nervous and the reason I went with a low table. A friend of mine turned me onto a place that does custom display cases but the cost of the case and shipping will run about half the price of the HB itself.

Thank you all for your input and advice. I preordered it through SS and hopefully I"ll get one. I ended up pulling my KA HB and not selling at the moment. That thing is gorgeous! I got a great deal on it. Someone on ebay was selling it and the mk43 for $275. Can you believe it???

What are the odds you guys think I'll get a HB and those on the wait list? Pretty good or no chance?

Back